Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt2

How would you find Bradley Robert Edwards?

• Not guilty on all

• Guilty on all

• Ciara Glennon - Guilty

• Ciara Glennon & Jane Rimmer - Guilty

• I need more information!

• This is sooo sub-judice, I'm dobbing you in shellyg

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
do i recall seeing a small boat in pictures of the mandurah house from back in the day, and then that boat also appears in an old photo of the huntingdale house back when it was a large block?
Yep

In fact if you look on Google Maps streetview at the Madora Bay House, where the front on pic displayed says it's from 2014,
you will clearly see a "Cat" that is not purring. An amphibious "cat" that is more Old Deuteronomy, than Mungojerrie or Rumpleteazer.

With the Huntingdale home pic of a "Cat" in the backyard,
if you change the history slider to go back in time to the 5 May, 2008 pic you, will clearly see a "Cat" in the backyard and a nearly 4m boat in the driveway.

Unfortunately the next pic if you move up the years on the slider scale (14 Feb 2010) is of much lower quality, and I can't see any boats or "Cat" in this one, possibly due to the quality issues. The 24 May 2005 and earlier pics on Google Earth Pro are of even worse quality. This quality issue is not limited to just this house. I tried it on another WA metro property no-where near Huntingdale and had the same pic quality result

Given that the Madora Bay property was at times, a rental property, the boats in the driveway and back yard might possibly have been the property of the rental occupants at the time the pics were taken. But in all likelihood, there's a good chance that the approx. 4m motorised boat/tinny was used by those in the family that liked to go fishing/crabbing/prawning around the Mandurah and nearby canals, estuaries or inlets. Or even offshore on calm water days.

Given that the Madora Bay property was at times, a rental property, the boats in the driveway and back yard might possibly have been the property of the rental occupants at the time the pics were taken. But in all likelihood, there's a good chance that the approx. 4m motorised boat/tinny was used by those in the family that liked to go fishing/crabbing/prawning around the Mandurah and nearby canals, estuaries or inlets. Or even offshore on calm water days.

I don't think the Edwards were as hard-off as BRE said in the interview. The parents owned two properties and part financed a third.

The real-estate development business after the father took redundancy from Telstra must have been a gold mine.

They can charge you again but you can't be tried on the same evidence twice.

My approach was that the charge would be withdrawn subverting possible double jeopardy retrial if he's acquitted of Sarah's murder. Although, I guess there's not a real lot of evidence outside of circumstantial and propensity for Sarah.

I don't think the Edwards were as hard-off as BRE said in the interview. The parents owned two properties and part financed a third.

The real-estate development business after the father took redundancy from Telstra must have been a gold mine.
I’d say BRE is just trying the victim card. It seems he had a loving family (especially Mother) and an upbringing that he was afforded the resources he needed. Spoilt brat. Some would love to have that love and support.

I’d say BRE is just trying the victim card. It seems he had a loving family (especially Mother) and an upbringing that he was afforded the resources he needed. Spoilt brat. Some would love to have that love and support.
Agreed that it looks like BRE was a "spoilt brat" but looks can be deceiving sometimes. I have no inside info about the family dynamics, but in some families a lot is expected of the oldest first born male, especially in previous generations, and if that male is seen as "weak", "different/weird" not your "normal' bloke, that child can be ridiculed and teased constantly by other siblings and even the parents on various occasions joining in for what they see as harmless "fun". Mother may try and rescue her boy, and defend him to help him as she knows deep down he is the weakest one in the family, the problem child. Please don't get me wrong, I have NO sympathy whatsoever for BRE, he has chosen his destructive and obscene path in life, but i think in his demented mind he feels wronged in some way, from way back, especially where women are concerned. Laughed at perhaps, not able to keep a girlfriend/wife, unpopular, awkward socially and then withdrawing into a fantasy world where he was king and in total control and dominance. Sexually frustrated and unable to gain satisfaction from "normal" interactions with women, he started hating them from a very early age, developing strange fetishes about them, seeking out books/magazines at first, stealing underwear to fondle and hide, then movies, and finally the internet came along and more depraved avenues to explore. Remember too his parents and family are in the spotlight at the moment and must be "seen" to be supporting him, in private I'm sure it's quite the opposite. Who knows what's the truth, we probably will never know, just my thoughts on a quiet quarantined Sunday arvo.🤔

Who knows what's the truth, we probably will never know, just my thoughts on a quiet quarantined Sunday arvo.🤔

Just take satisfaction that BRE will have a quietly quarantined Sunday, and every other day of the week, for the next 15-20 years as a minimum.

Speaking of Quarantine, and I never thought I'd say this, but W.A. is actually best out of all the States in its response. Little or no fines for disobedience, generous waivers crossing district borders, most people can go out and enjoy nature anywhere in their region, and supermarkets open with virtually no restrictions. I've only once been forced to queue to get into Woolies. Bunnings on the other hand... I simply refuse to queue for 30 minutes to an hour to get in. :rolleyes:

Agreed that it looks like BRE was a "spoilt brat" but looks can be deceiving sometimes. I have no inside info about the family dynamics, but in some families a lot is expected of the oldest first born male, especially in previous generations, and if that male is seen as "weak", "different/weird" not your "normal' bloke, that child can be ridiculed and teased constantly by other siblings and even the parents on various occasions joining in for what they see as harmless "fun". Mother may try and rescue her boy, and defend him to help him as she knows deep down he is the weakest one in the family, the problem child. Please don't get me wrong, I have NO sympathy whatsoever for BRE, he has chosen his destructive and obscene path in life, but i think in his demented mind he feels wronged in some way, from way back, especially where women are concerned. Laughed at perhaps, not able to keep a girlfriend/wife, unpopular, awkward socially and then withdrawing into a fantasy world where he was king and in total control and dominance. Sexually frustrated and unable to gain satisfaction from "normal" interactions with women, he started hating them from a very early age, developing strange fetishes about them, seeking out books/magazines at first, stealing underwear to fondle and hide, then movies, and finally the internet came along and more depraved avenues to explore. Remember too his parents and family are in the spotlight at the moment and must be "seen" to be supporting him, in private I'm sure it's quite the opposite. Who knows what's the truth, we probably will never know, just my thoughts on a quiet quarantined Sunday arvo.🤔
Well said GND. I hadn't thought about the various family members having a good laugh at his expense. It might be possible that the father didn't take the cross-dressing very well and punished him severely. If the mother stood by and watched, without intervention, it might explain why he's got something against women, but I'm no expert.

I think whilst growing up someone did something to humiliate BRE. It might explain his behaviour, almost like a split personality - coping mechanism perhaps.

I've been on lots of short courses, regarding problem children and how to react to their problems.
Some advice I've learned from that has stuck with me, "Don't ever ask what's wrong with that child", instead ask, "What has been done to that child".
There's a big difference because children play-up because what has happened to them. Sometimes they carry those problems into adulthood.

We can only go off face value. Obviously don’t judge a book by its cover, However we’re getting a picture of some sorts with what’s transpired in court, etc.
As the oldest and male in the family, I understand what it can entail.

Let’s hope Justice is carried through.

P.S Jezza, As much as I love going to Bunnings, I’ve refused waiting in line hear in Vic at my local.

I've only had one District Court case where references were given, and that was before the jury retired.

In the Magistrates Court they are given after a guilty plea or conviction, usually when trying to get a spent conviction.
They're actually quite strange & tend to have specific values in certains cases depending on the court/charge, & which also dictates the best time to have them ready. In upper courts with predominantly jury trials, they can be invaluable after a guilty verdict & short delays of 1-2 weeks before sentencing are often to allow time to gather them to mitigate a sentence. Particularly useful for a genuinely innocent person found guilty unexpectedly who doesnt expect to need them, & its been argued that to preempt them before a verdict may even infer some amount of guilt. On an either way charge & judge only, it may be best to hand them up at the conclusion of a case. If you're relying on them in lower court you'd probably want to have them from the outset as the judge can decide to deal with the charge at anytime.
In BREs case I'm not sure they have much use. They cant effect the judges decision in deciding guilt for the murders and if guilty, Hall only needs to decide whether to issue an order that he's never to be released & nothing mitigating can be considered for that. A sentence for murder begins at the finding of guilt. The rape charges should be back dated to the day he went into custody but all charges run concurrently to any sentence for murder when it starts. In this situation, I don't see how they can help him unless he's found not guilty of murder.

My approach was that the charge would be withdrawn subverting possible double jeopardy retrial if he's acquitted of Sarah's murder. Although, I guess there's not a real lot of evidence outside of circumstantial and propensity for Sarah.
You be tried again here on an acquitted charge but they cant reuse anything that was presented before. I'm not sure her inclusion now matters too much seeing there was little that related to her anyway. Unless hes acquitted of all murders in this trial, then all the evidence they used will go out the door too for any future trial.

Have I just repeated what you were saying?

You be tried again here on an acquitted charge but they cant reuse anything that was presented before. I'm not sure her inclusion now matters too much seeing there was little that related to her anyway. Unless hes acquitted of all murders in this trial, then all the evidence they used will go out the door too for any future trial.

If the charges though re. Sarah are withdrawn before closing statements there is no finding to be made? I've seen this happen in Victoria on murder charges a couple of times, not this far down the track though into trial.

Just a thought anyway, likely not an option at this stage but I don't know for sure.

They're actually quite strange & tend to have specific values in certains cases depending on the court/charge, & which also dictates the best time to have them ready. In upper courts with predominantly jury trials, they can be invaluable after a guilty verdict & short delays of 1-2 weeks before sentencing are often to allow time to gather them to mitigate a sentence. Particularly useful for a genuinely innocent person found guilty unexpectedly who doesnt expect to need them, & its been argued that to preempt them before a verdict may even infer some amount of guilt. On an either way charge & judge only, it may be best to hand them up at the conclusion of a case. If you're relying on them in lower court you'd probably want to have them from the outset as the judge can decide to deal with the charge at anytime.
To step outside the current case Dean Laidley had 6 references handed in for his bail application today by former players and coaches

If the charges though re. Sarah are withdrawn before closing statements there is no finding to be made? I've seen this happen in Victoria on murder charges a couple of times, not this far down the track though into trial.

Just a thought anyway, likely not an option at this stage but I don't know for sure.
Technically I suppose they can until the trial officially ends & a withdrawn charge doesn't elicit a decision.

The ramifications of that boggle my mind though & I can't imagine allowing any change in law that permits you being charged again, without also putting something in place to safeguard trials from becoming a game of sneakiest lawyer wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Technically I suppose they can until the trial officially ends & a withdrawn charge doesn't elicit a decision.

They've just withdrawn the emotional upset evidence, which I didn't like in the first place.

I'd have gone with revenge.

Edit: * a nerdy misfit's misplaced revenge

They've just withdrawn the emotional upset evidence, which I didn't like in the first place.

I'd have gone with revenge.
Thats the angle I forgot about I thought was being targeted toward evidence for Sarah.
There you go, withdraw the evidence instead and safeguard it without even needing to withdraw the charge. Not nearly as sneaky as a strategy which is good. I got quite uncomfortable thinking about that.

Thats the angle I forgot about I thought was being targeted toward evidence for Sarah.
There you go, withdraw the evidence instead and safeguard it without even needing to withdraw the charge. Not nearly as sneaky as a strategy which is good. I got quite uncomfortable thinking about that.

They still have the screaming in Mosman Park and an eyewitness to the make and model of the car, I can't recall atm what else there might be.

That’s the first time I’ve heard his voice. He sounds like a teen. I guess he’s trying to sound non-threatening. He also sounds pretty simple.
The accused does sound like a teenager. Such a dramatic TRG arrest must have thrown him. Thinking, at the most only anticipated being asked a few questions about certain past offences with a basic pre-planned response. Such as WTF, why me, why me, blah, blah, blah etc.

Perhaps he’s always acted dumb when accused of something, but he’s never had to deal with our legendary Detective Senior Sergeant Joe Marripodi – damm he’s good!

he’s never had to deal with our legendary Detective Senior Sergeant Joe Marripodi

He was quite impressive actually, I wouldn't like to have him asking me trick questions. The only defence I can think of against him is to sit there rocking with eyes closed and hands over ears singing "not listening where's my lawyer .. not listening .... lah lah lah"

The accused does sound like a teenager. Such a dramatic TRG arrest must have thrown him. Thinking, at the most only anticipated being asked a few questions about certain past offences with a basic pre-planned response. Such as WTF, why me, why me, blah, blah, blah etc.

Perhaps he’s always acted dumb when accused of something, but he’s never had to deal with our legendary Detective Senior Sergeant Joe Marripodi – damm he’s good!
I agree LAM about Marripodi, I kept thinking whilst listening how the DS just kept his cool and professionalism. I'd want to just scream at the pathetic specimen in front of me and say "Oh grow up Bradley! Stop wasting our time, answer the ####ing question you idiot" Wonderful job Joe, you're definitely not your average Joe!!😎

Last edited:
I agree LAM about Marripodi, I kept thinking whilst listening how the DS just kept his cool and professionalism. I'd want to just scream at the pathetic specimen in front of me and say "Oh grow up Bradley! Stop wasting our time, answer the ####ing question you moron!!" Wonderful job Joe, you're definitely not your average Joe!!😎
Throughout the interview Joe called the accused Brad, until he got serious and then it was Bradley - just like all mothers who use the full name when a child is naughty. Here's a good sketch of Joe and the whiner.

1589266199852.png

Will the video of BRE’s police interview be released after trial is over?

No. The Hall said so specifically.

The best we can hope for is a live video broadcast of the verdict. No-one has mentioned it yet, but I can't see any real problem as Hall will issue an identical written judgement. The
Supreme Court has previously done a live webcast for the Forrestfield fires trial.

That’s the first time I’ve heard his voice. He sounds like a teen. I guess he’s trying to sound non-threatening. He also
No. The Hall said so specifically.

The best we can hope for is a live video broadcast of the verdict. No-one has mentioned it yet, but I can't see any real problem as Hall will issue an identical written judgement. The
Supreme Court has previously done a live webcast for the Forrestfield fires trial.
I know it’s Captain Obvious material. However, If Justice Hall’s decision is video streamed, It’ll be the #1 trending video in Australia for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back