Preview Geelong v Melbourne Sun Jun 28 3pm**** @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Same old team.
Demons should win this and well.
Their MF is younger, faster and fresher.
It seems to be all about MF. Stanley is lame, Gawn will dominate and give them a ride.

Why ?

What have Melb ever done - well they won a premiership in 1964 - then won their opening 8 games in 65 ( and then spectacularly crashed ) and thats about it - havent done anything since of note

This year - whats to get excited about - they led Carlton 7 goals to nil then fell in 8 goals to 7 - kicked 1 goal in about 2.5 qtrs - i wouldnt call that frightening form

Its ok being conservative - but tipping against the Cats 60-70% of the time !

I hope Geel come out with an attacking mindset - dirty for the loss last week - should give them a hard edge - and i think they will win comfortably

INJURIES - STANLEY LIKELY OUT

Scans showed Stanley had suffered a medial ligament sprain, with the Cats working out the next course of action. He appears unlikely to face Max Gawn and the Demons. The eight-day break will assist Dahlhaus' hopes after he was ruled out of the second half against Carlton due to concussion. Parfitt's hamstring soreness meant he was a late withdrawal and he'll push his case for a recall at main training on Thursday. Menegola copped a knock to his back against the Blues and will be monitored. Second-year youngsters Brownless and Tarca are also both dealing with setbacks. Nakia Cockatoo played a large chunk of last week's scratch match and will build continue to his fitness base.

Why ?

What have Melb ever done - well they won a premiership in 1964 - then won their opening 8 games in 65 ( and then spectacularly crashed ) and thats about it - havent done anything since of note

This year - whats to get excited about - they led Carlton 7 goals to nil then fell in 8 goals to 7 - kicked 1 goal in about 2.5 qtrs - i wouldnt call that frightening form

Its ok being conservative - but tipping against the Cats 60-70% of the time !

I hope Geel come out with an attacking mindset - dirty for the loss last week - should give them a hard edge - and i think they will win comfortably
Depends on which Cats run out. The way we finished, suggests winning form, but 2-3Q were deplorable according to realistic Blues fans that watched it.
We have the injuries to Stanley and Parfitt- that's why I tipped D's early on.
Doesn't matter who we tip or why, but will be good to see our lineup.

Would love to see Jenkins play if his free to play. But highly doubtful with the amount of footy his most with covid and miss the pass 2 games...
Or could they surprise us

Regarding Ratugolea - did anyone else see during the 3rd or maybe 4th quarter when he went to the bench and his hand/wrist was being looked at?

He was standing to the side of things with 2 medical staff and looked like he was indicating an issue - haven't heard anything since, and was wondering if there was any indication of an issue

Regarding Ratugolea - did anyone else see during the 3rd or maybe 4th quarter when he went to the bench and his hand/wrist was being looked at?

He was standing to the side of things with 2 medical staff and looked like he was indicating an issue - haven't heard anything since, and was wondering if there was any indication of an issue
Yes. Also Jack Stevens spent a lot of time on the bench getting his hip worked on. He must be ok.

Inclined to feel that picking a side based on current form (or even who the opposition is) is pretty much a waste of time.

When you consider the massive changes to the training regimes and the impact that has on the younger players especially, along with the lack of a stable fixture and future planning and no VFL, we've got no idea what the hell is going on, let alone those behind closed doors.

But what I would like to see is some agenda set by the MC to use this season as proper prep for the future. Lets face it - we're an average side with an aging list of A-graders. If we don't start to get games into the under 23s now, we're in deep poo. Might as well be stepping in it now, than swimming in it later.

If any kid under 50 games is fit, he should be automatically selected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inclined to feel that picking a side based on current form (or even who the opposition is) is pretty much a waste of time.

When you consider the massive changes to the training regimes and the impact that has on the younger players especially, along with the lack of a stable fixture and future planning and no VFL, we've got no idea what the hell is going on, let alone those behind closed doors.

But what I would like to see is some agenda set by the MC to use this season as proper prep for the future. Lets face it - we're an average side with an aging list of A-graders. If we don't start to get games into the under 23s now, we're in deep poo. Might as well be stepping in it now, than swimming in it later.

If any kid under 50 games is fit, he should be automatically selected.
Totally agree. With 3 more 1st rounders this year we need to start blooding more youth and build towards the future. Let's face it, we haven't got a hope of beating the likes of Collingwood this year.

Krueger needs a chance now.
And Constable :joycat: ... I'm sorry but I am massive Chook Constable fan... Just love the way the kid in his 2nd season won the ball and clearance work for a kid... That's why need to put games in this kid, as he never played a shocking game. If he form was terrible than yes he doesn't deserve a game last year but majority of us here were shocked he didn't play more games...
But yes you are rite, Freddie deserves a crack too, he needs to take Sav spot, with Fort will be in for Stanley, Blitz to do back up. We're Sav needs to dropped, so he knows his spot isn't guaranteed... And go back play in the scratch match to find some form.

And Constable :joycat: ... I'm sorry but I am massive Chook Constable fan... Just love the way the kid in his 2nd season won the ball and clearance work for a kid... That's why need to put games in this kid, as he never played a shocking game. If he form was terrible than yes he doesn't deserve a game last year but majority of us here were shocked he didn't play more games...
But yes you are rite, Freddie deserves a crack too, he needs to take Sav spot, with Fort will be in for Stanley, Blitz to do back up. We're Sav needs to dropped, so he knows his spot isn't guaranteed... And go back play in the scratch match to find some form.
We're not doing Constable or young Clark any favours not playing them, and it's not like they'll do any worse than some blokes playing seniors anyway. Playing Constable ahead of Steven and Clark ahead of Bews would do nicely - sure it won't change the result of any games, but with no VFL footy we're doing our best to stifle any potential development for two youngsters who have shown they have more than enough to work with. Get 'em in.

Totally agree. With 3 more 1st rounders this year we need to start blooding more youth and build towards the future. Let's face it, we haven't got a hope of beating the likes of Collingwood this year.

The older group has shown it can't do it, so it'd be wise to start investing game time into the youngsters. Let's see what they've got, and lets get some game time under their belts before the vets fade away completely.

I thought it was a cut to his knuckle.
Could have sworn it had a blob of hemorrhoid cream on it.

O'Connor Blicavs Kolo
Stewart Taylor Clark
Duncan Constable Parfitt
Dahlhaus Hawkins Narkle
Ablett Jenkins Miers
Ratagolea Dangerfield Selwood
Steven Bews Rohan Henry

In: Kolo Clark Constable Parfitt Jenkins
Out: Guthrie Menegola (inj) Stanley (inj) Tuohy Atkins(rested)

Jenkins for Stanley
Henry to switch
Clark Constable and Parfitt to bring enthusiasm back
Kolo to tag Fritsch

Time to change it up says coach Larry

O'Connor Blicavs Kolo
Stewart Taylor Clark
Duncan Constable Parfitt
Dahlhaus Hawkins Narkle
Ablett Jenkins Miers
Ratagolea Dangerfield Selwood
Steven Bews Rohan Henry

In: Kolo Clark Constable Parfitt Jenkins
Out: Guthrie Menegola (inj) Stanley (inj) Tuohy Atkins(rested)

Jenkins for Stanley
Henry to switch
Clark Constable and Parfitt to bring enthusiasm back
Kolo to tag Fritsch

Time to change it up says coach Larry
Parfitt has a hammy history; doubt they will risk him.
We have no match for Gawn-->their MF will run hot.

It's free money backing the Cats this week, folks.

Geelong have been going WLWLWLWLW etc for about 15 games now. And just as sure as an underwhelming performance follows a top notch one, the boys almost always bounce back after a deplorable effort. This is the Covid19 season so there's more uncertainty as to whether these trends will truly hold up, but if they do I expect Geelong to win this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back