Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

You forgot the Indians, Chinese, Italian, Greek, English, Spanish, Russian, American, French, German, Polish, Macedonian, Bosnian, Lebanese, Turkish, Irish, Aboriginal, Latin American, European, Scottish, Catholic, Protestant, Buddhist, Hindu, Elite, Bogan, Quiet, Noisy, Green, Leftist, Rightist, Marxist and Fascists.
Sorry if I missed someone to blame. Please let me know and I can add to list.

Seriously, things started going downhill in terms of complacency during the protests. Protesters may have followed the social distancing and mask wearing but everyone started to relax at that point.

I am not sure IF the outbreak started before then. IF there is one all linked or multiple. We can only know through the science of genetic testing. That takes time. I think it will be interesting reading. I hope that report sees the light of day. IF it doesn’t, I will be pretty MAD.

You’re right LittleG. The list of those to blame is long. They don’t need to be profiled in a certain way though. Surely you agree?

I’ve said a number of times already that some media outlets need to cop a lot of the blame along with those that ate up their poor rhetoric and now, every day that the states situation gets worse we’re seeing how utterly stupid these people, politicians and organisations look with egg on their face.
It was obvious from a while back that political points scoring was their main goal rather than helping the situation.
Unfortunately there’s still plenty of people too stupid to realise.

I also can’t cop the excuse that people eased up on the proper protocols on the back of people protesting in the city.
“Well they did it, so why can’t i?” That’s the kind of excuse a child gives when they’ve done something wrong.
What a shitty cop out for immature, spiteful behaviour.

I also can’t cop the excuse that people eased up on the proper protocols on the back of people protesting in the city.
“Well they did it, so why can’t i?” That’s the kind of excuse a child gives when they’ve done something wrong.

Blaming the protest is just an excuse for people to criticise protestors - a very popular pasttime in Australia. Maybe the fact that all the covid restrictions were being relaxed and everyone was going back to near-normal life made people complacent? No, it must have been this one gathering which was heavily criticised and opposed by most of the public..

The relaxations of the restrictions were always going to lead to another spike, the authorities just weren't able to control it as well as they'd hoped.

You’re right LittleG. The list of those to blame is long. They don’t need to be profiled in a certain way though. Surely you agree?

I’ve said a number of times already that some media outlets need to cop a lot of the blame along with those that ate up their poor rhetoric and now, every day that the states situation gets worse we’re seeing how utterly stupid these people, politicians and organisations look with egg on their face.
It was obvious from a while back that political points scoring was their main goal rather than helping the situation.
Unfortunately there’s still plenty of people too stupid to realise.

Agree. The easing of the restriction was at the same time. So I shouldn’t blame the protests.

I will rightfully cop the whack. Whack!

Blaming the protest is just an excuse for people to criticise protestors - a very popular pasttime in Australia. Maybe the fact that all the covid restrictions were being relaxed and everyone was going back to near-normal life made people complacent? No, it must have been this one gathering which was heavily criticised and opposed by most of the public..

The relaxations of the restrictions were always going to lead to another spike, the authorities just weren't able to control it as well as they'd hoped.

Agree. For so long it’s been drilled in to the people of this state by certain sides of politics to have a distaste for protesters.
It’s led to a lack of empathy and common decency amongst too many. Exactly what some in politics want. Less people power and more ignorant, zombie like, herald sun reading morons who spew the the same rhetoric over and over. Bloody Lefty, Snowflake, Greeny Leftards!!
It’s actually embarrassing watching some of these people carry on.

It’s a pity Andrews didn’t ignore the outside noise and just stay the course and keep the state shut for a while longer the first time round, we may not have seen the second wave hit as it has.

It’s a pity Andrews didn’t ignore the outside noise and just stay the course and keep the state shut for a while longer the first time round, we may not have seen the second wave hit as it has.
Agreed. Palaszczuk has been smashed by NewsCorp for keeping QLD borders shut up here.

I can only hear crickets now.

Agreed. Palaszczuk has been smashed by NewsCorp for keeping QLD borders shut up here.

Thats because Newsco...errr, the Eye of Sauron has turned south.

Federal Government still backing Clive Palmers challenge to the state border closures. The challenge is federal, so all borders will be effected.
Unfortunately our media aren’t asking too many questions about that.

The hypocrisy is palpable.

There's been no personal attacks, just discussing the points you've raised.

That's true that the people that haven't followed protocols have caused risk to others. I'm just not sure why religion or culture (aka race) was ever brought into it. They are completely unrelated. We've seen outbreaks across the world, in societies of people of all creeds, religion, races and cultures due to people not following protocols.

Putting aside race, background, religion, what footy team someone follows and all that, the simple facts are the college now has over 100 confirmed cases (current and recovered).

The fact it’s Victoria’s second largest cluster since this began deserves serious questioning. Someone or multiple people have stuffed up and whether or not rules were ignored/broken, it needs to be called out as we should expect it to be called out anywhere else.

Putting that aside, anybody who has and continues to display ignorance in the way they go about things and interact with others deserves a thorough bollocking. We’re all sacrificing to save the most vulnerable and if people want to continue to be selfish p***** then I’m fully behind the cops coming down on them like a ton of bricks. No excuses.

Putting aside race, background, religion, what footy team someone follows and all that, the simple facts are the college now has over 100 confirmed cases (current and recovered).

The fact it’s Victoria’s second largest cluster since this began deserves serious questioning. Someone or multiple people have stuffed up and whether or not rules were ignored/broken, it needs to be called out as we should expect it to be called out anywhere else.

IF they are found to have failed in the duty of care required for their students.... the college may get deregistered as an educational institution.

IF it goes beyond just the college, I am sure Sauron will name and shame.

AMA advising everyone to wear masks. This is the association of medical professionals .

We should listen to doctors in a pandemic.....

WRONG - Scomo tells us not to wear masks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She’s led the way imo. All states have done a good job, but she’s done it with a fair bit of heat on her as you say.
You really think so? The numbers of people being tested up here are very difficult to ascertain - it seems you have to be pretty crook to even get a test. Her approach seems to have been to do nothing and hope it doesnt affect re-election chances in October!

You really think so? The numbers of people being tested up here are very difficult to ascertain - it seems you have to be pretty crook to even get a test. Her approach seems to have been to do nothing and hope it doesnt affect re-election chances in October!

Interesting. So you reckon there’s large numbers of cases in QLD that haven’t been identified due to tests being held back?

I am only going off what i’ve seen and heard. She’s been pretty good in her stance on things and her messaging and from what we we’ve been told there aren’t many active cases.
You’d know more though being from up that way.

Interesting. So you reckon there’s large numbers of cases in QLD that haven’t been identified due to tests being held back?

I am only going off what i’ve seen and heard. She’s been pretty good in her stance on things and her messaging and from what we we’ve been told there aren’t many active cases.
You’d know more though being from up that way.

I sincerely hope not, but it is definitely possible. With an election due by end of October, we are now at the stage of putting positive spins on all press releases etc. (You know what I mean, both parties do it near election time). As far as testing goes, you have to get a recommendation from a GP or similar to actually go to get a Covid test.

How dare he let people march despite it being illegal (breaks part of the constitution) to stop them from doing so.

It’s Quantum Physics for some people, Wizard.

He advised the protestors to not take part on the day (the only thing he could do) and took the advice of Vic Pol which was that it wasn’t a good idea to go and try to arrest 10000 people and hand out fines as they thought it would create a far worse situation.

It’s quiet scary the number of people in this state that struggle to comprehend common sense.

I sincerely hope not, but it is definitely possible. With an election due by end of October, we are now at the stage of putting positive spins on all press releases etc. (You know what I mean, both parties do it near election time). As far as testing goes, you have to get a recommendation from a GP or similar to actually go to get a Covid test.

Fair enough. What’s the media bias like up in QLD?

[
Fair enough. What’s the media bias like up in QLD?

Up here the media seem to prefer those currently in office. Palaszczuk seems to get a dream run and plays the "us Queenslanders" card continually (bit like old Jo Bjelke used to but obviously different parties). On the federal side though Scomo seems to get positive bias at times.

IPA apparatchik posts video of angry small business owner calling on premier to resign, from clip screened on Sky. Sounds legit and neutral 'reporting'. Meanwhile if the ABC posted something along those lines, other media would be up in arms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back