News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Some talk around Charlie Cameron looking for more money than Brisbane are willing to offer. He wants more money first and would prefer to stay in Brisbane as seems the talk at this stage given they're a good side, but if he can get more money in Victoria, as in other states, he's open to the move and wants to set up his family's financial future as that priority in his contract negotiations.

Depends if Collingwood are looking at win-now in the offseason and can clear the salary cap space, but you're never going to get a better crumber/pressure forward than Cameron and that's a missing component to the front half. I'd even talk to West Coast about bringing Jarrod Cameron at the same time who is a ripper in his own right.

Won't happen. That's a report from Tom Browne.

Rather Chase a KPF then another Small Forward

For me it's a why not both.

Collingwood only have the two worthwhile forwards in De Goey and Stephenson. The other spots are there to be won and I'd be considering rival players if a good one can be had to complement those guys.

The game today is won based on forward pressure generating those turnovers to generate scoring opportunities, so there wouldn't be many key forwards I'd be taking ahead of Charlie and none from a win-now perspective.

Honestly can't see our game against Brisbane going ahead. Logistically it doesn't make sense.

I know the guys won't want to be away for 5 weeks but we should be heading to Perth immediately after the Essendon game this weekend. Geelong likewise after their GCS game.

We then do our GEEL/WCE/FREO triple and mentally prepare to do 2 weeks against Adelaide and Port on the way back home.

Two other Vic teams ie Richmond and the Bulldogs (both of whom wouldn't have played any of WCE, Fremantle, Port Adelaide or Adelaide yet) can replicate our trip of up to 5 weeks.

These 2 Victorian sides play each other in quarantine in WA in Round 8 in the same weekend we're playing our last Perth game.

I'm not expert but as I understand it, that's not a good thing in terms of a potential return this year.
Minimum 3 months out now, so it will depend on how long the season drags out.

Was just thinking... in years gone by we had Bucks on AFL360 each Monday, which morphed into Bucks being on Whately once a week. It was a great source of information (compared to nothing at all).

We also had Howe on SEN every Friday with Andy Maher from memory.

Now our main sources are Jock N Journo (often released either Tuesday or Wednesday each week).

Adam Treloar on AFL360 once every fortnight?

Bucks' usual Press Conference after the last main training.

And maybe Taylor Adams on RSN every so often?

I dunno, we seem extra closed off at the moment. Especially given recent events and also the newly formed hub arrangement.

Are there any other regular segments to keep an eye out for?

Was just thinking... in years gone by we had Bucks on AFL360 each Monday, which morphed into Bucks being on Whately once a week. It was a great source of information (compared to nothing at all).

We also had Howe on SEN every Friday with Andy Maher from memory.

Now our main sources are Jock N Journo (often released either Tuesday or Wednesday each week).

Adam Treloar on AFL360 once every fortnight?

Bucks' usual Press Conference after the last main training.

And maybe Taylor Adams on RSN every so often?

I dunno, we seem extra closed off at the moment. Especially given recent events and also the newly formed hub arrangement.

Are there any other regular segments to keep an eye out for?
The evening TV news. Not the sports segment!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn, really? I thought he’d done a hamstring? They must have those 2 weeks hammies over there, whereas we have season long sore knees.

EDIT: Bloody hell he missed one week with a hamstring. What the hell are we doing wrong?!

Damn, really? I thought he’d done a hamstring? They must have those 2 weeks hammies over there, whereas we have season long sore knees.

EDIT: Bloody hell he missed one week with a hamstring. What the hell are we doing wrong?!
Was very minor. Lol yeah only a week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back