Preview Round 7, 2020 vs Carlton @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 911985
Wonder what it is.. Have to buy the tiser LOL

Tom Rockliff reveals how using recovery centre helped Port Adelaide prosper in Queensland hub
Reece Homfray, The Advertiser
Port Adelaide is tapping into a revolutionary recovery centre on the Gold Coast to help it through a gruelling travel and competition schedule as it maintains top spot on the AFL ladder.

The Power used Rigs Recovery at Bundall, just near Surfers Paradise, during their two-week stint in the Queensland quarantine hub and were back there on Sunday night before flying home to Adelaide after beating GWS by 17 points.

It was crazy. My partner was in Semaphore yesterday and she sent me pictures which looked like gloomy England. Meanwhile here in the Barossa is was bright blue skies and sunshine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is no criticism of the young man but Rozee is down on confidence I feel. Made some disposal errors and is being tagged heavily. I'm sure he'll be better for the experience.

Because we aren’t in a hub anymore ( as directed by the AFL) we’ve been there for a month or so thats why

It's likely a trade-off to give our guys some home-time after being up there for a month.

Because we aren’t in a hub anymore ( as directed by the AFL) we’ve been there for a month or so thats why

Oh OK...seems strange when you're playing at Adelaide Oval in rd 8. Why not just stay in QLD for 1 more week...unless it was Port's preference to go back early?

Apparently our players were only told after the Dogs game on Sunday night that we had to move to a different resort the very next morning...Teague didn't even really know why, it was just a directive from the AFL.

Ummm, because we have already hubbed for numerous weeks and there are no active cases of Covid in SA and no community transmission since late March, thus giving both Adelaide teams the ability to FIFO.

Sure, i just figured it would be preferable for the team to stay in QLD for 1 more week so they don't have to fly before the game, since you're moving back to Adelaide and playing at Adelaide Oval in rd 8 anyway.

But maybe Port decided it's better to get home a week earlier even if meant flying back to QLD for the game. Flying on the morning of the game surely isn't ideal prep i would have thought.

For the amount of crapness we’ve dished up over the years, apart from a Robbie Gray 8 goal Masterclass, the games have always been great contests.
You guys have been fabulous to watch this year and Hinkley is a fantastic coach and deserves his place as one of the most innovative and exciting coaches over the last decade.
Not afraid to release undoubted talent to go to draft, masterstroke, loves to move the pieces around the board, but it looks like all your parts are working in sync.
Almost shaping up as game of the round, who woulda thought that?
Good luck and may the cards fall in favour for the best team on the day or something......👍

Sure, i just figured it would be preferable for the team to stay in QLD for 1 more week so they don't have to fly before the game, since you're moving back to Adelaide and playing at Adelaide Oval in rd 8 anyway.

But maybe Port decided it's better to get home a week earlier even if meant flying back to QLD for the game. Flying on the morning of the game surely isn't ideal prep i would have thought.

FIFO must be a whole lot cheaper than staying in a hotel for a week.

Would come down to $

Oh OK...seems strange when you're playing at Adelaide Oval in rd 8. Why not just stay in QLD for 1 more week...unless it was Port's preference to go back early?

Apparently our players were only told after the Dogs game on Sunday night that we had to move to a different resort the very next morning...Teague didn't even really know why, it was just a directive from the AFL.

Both Port and the crows were sent home. I doubt the clubs have any say in when and where they go.

The AFL probably needed to free up space for the Victorian clubs - there aren't a lot of suitable training/accommodation options available. I believe Victorian clubs moved into the resort where Port and the crows were staying.

It was a directive from the AFL. You do realise that Port were FIFO this Sunday just past when we played the Giants? I would suggest that next time you choose to post on the Port board that you do some research!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back