Preview Round 7, 2020 vs Carlton @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

A ground where we've had some absolute shockers and a team we've inexplicably dropped games against when they've been seven shades of cellar dwelling shite.. what could go wrong.

*I guess they seem decent now Carlton so that might be better for the mental pygmy prots sprocket.

This could be another umpire shagging like 2015-16.

Carlton are in the 8 for the first time since 2013 and the AFL will be keen to capitalise on this momentum. How many papers will sell on Monday if the Blues win this?
Don’t think anyone reads newspapers anymore... 😛

By decade are you referring to 2020-present? Surely not 2010-2019?
The last ten years.
Maybe it’s just optics, but I think has tinkered with game style more than most.
You know what you get with every other team year after year, Ken, not so much.
Anyhoo, it appears I’ve triggered a cupla people with my thoughts, good luck, I think it’ll be a great game of footy👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game has DANGER written all over it.
Hope the boys are primed for the coin toss and the contest.

Port to strike the first goal. Blues to bounce back with a run of centre clearances and pace around the ground in transition, and lead at the half by 9 points.
We test out the injuries carried by Cripps and Murphy into the match, and they fade from major influence the further the game progresses.
X and Charlie kick 2 each in a 6 goal 3rd quarter, and we hang on to win by 8 points against an improving Blues outfit who may take a big scalp or two during the course of the year.
Dixon and Gray 3 each.
Best: Lycett, Amon, Huston, Rozee (back to form), DBJ and Boak.
PA 11g 11b def C 10g 9b.
Reports: nil.
Inj: Jonas (corkie) and Motlop (concussion) but both ok for next week.
Highlight: Cos Cardone trips over and strangles himself on a Collingwood scarf given to him by Eddie for services rendered.

Get yourselves to the Port Club if you don't have Foxtel or Kayo.

Game will be on 3 hour delay, as part of the 3 Foxtel produced Port games a year are delayed by 3 hrs on 7.

Who: Port Adelaide v Carlton
Where: The Gabba, Brisbane
When: Sunday 19 July, 1:05pm AEST / 12.35pm ACST

BROADCAST GUIDE

Television:

Channel 7 from 3:00pm ACST

FOX Footy LIVE from 12.30pm ACST

. How many papers will sell on Monday if the Blues win this?
Don’t think anyone reads newspapers anymore.

You made the wrong assumption there MrChow.

I'm sure Marmozet was referring to toilet paper which is already in short supply, even in SA, and will be in high demand from Port supporters if we lose this.

We're certainties to win now

GWS had an (albeit smaller, having to travel themselves) advantage last week. How did that pan out? But yeah it's nice for someone to call out something other than how hard it is for the Victorian players having to discover how small airline seats are for themselves.

If we can bring some intensity to the first quarter I think that'll get everyone fired up. I just hope they don't have one eye on next week and the home game.

This game has DANGER written all over it.
Hope the boys are primed for the coin toss and the contest.

Port to strike the first goal. Blues to bounce back with a run of centre clearances and pace around the ground in transition, and lead at the half by 9 points.
We test out the injuries carried by Cripps and Murphy into the match, and they fade from major influence the further the game progresses.
X and Charlie kick 2 each in a 6 goal 3rd quarter, and we hang on to win by 8 points against an improving Blues outfit who may take a big scalp or two during the course of the year.
Dixon and Gray 3 each.
Best: Lycett, Amon, Huston, Rozee (back to form), DBJ and Boak.
PA 11g 11b def C 10g 9b.
Reports: nil.
Inj: Jonas (corkie) and Motlop (concussion) but both ok for next week.
Highlight: Cos Cardone trips over and strangles himself on a Collingwood scarf given to him by Eddie for services rendered.

I'd take that as a blues supporter! (though have to amend Lycett...)

The 2nd week in a row up at 4.30am for a 12.30pm game (ACST) will have an impact on some players. Stay away fog.

Don't you worry about that, as a famous Queenslander once said.

That's why picking Mayes is an excellent move. Deserves to play. The club will talk up his debut game, ask the players to lift for him, maybe get the Queensland based greats, Russell Johnston or Roger Delany to present the jumper and players close to Sam will make sure he has a great debut for the PAFC.

Look at last week, we manufactured Kenny's AFL membership, he actually got it last year, because night-series and preseason games count as part of the 300, but CD probably made it all up, only counting just normal season and state games to get to 300, and gave the players a big pep talk to do it for Kenny on the flight up north.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back