Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope that the people who make the decisions aren't doing it from a headspace like that.

We need to be more methodical than that.

There is clearly a lot of frustration playing out on the board at the moment.

It is this weird juxtaposition of we need to hit the draft hard yet we are going to kick and scream at every loss that we should be doing better.

If we middle again from where we are it's a missed opportunity. However that means more losses. Which in all likelihood means (in your words) more tarnishing of the group.

In my view this is a storm to be weathered. We have an injury list that's huge and we are stating down the barrel of playing a game every 4 days. Who knows what happens next but at least it should be over relatively quickly.

Roll on the end of the year. Let the pieces fall where they may.

The last 5 weeks though (and the rest of the season for that matter) are giving us an idea who is standing up and who is wilting. I imagine there's some blokes whose performances under the pump haver been found wanting are going to find themselves out the door.

At some point you'd think Brown will have a decent run at it and kick some goals. Worst case scenario he gets injured.

If he finishes the year on 30 goals+ then we will be asking for 2 first rounders.

Four first rounders fast tracks our rebuild significantly. This is a gamble but playing safe hasnt got us anywhere. He is an awesome player and we will miss him bit the club neess to make some tough decisions and take new direction
Trading doesn't happen in a vaccuum. Knowing we already have two early picks means a club would be very reluctant to give us even one more first rounder, let alone two.

Would you give a rival that much of an advantage?

Trading doesn't happen in a vaccuum. Knowing we already have two early picks means a club would be very reluctant to give us even one more first rounder, let alone two.

Would you give a rival an advantage of providing a player who is in the top 3 of goal kickers over the past 3 yrs? You know if he gets decent delivery he would get back to that level and probably could exceed that.

Would you give a rival an advantage of providing a player who is in the top 3 of goal kickers over the past 3 yrs? You know if he gets decent delivery he would get back to that level and probably could exceed that.
Yep. A Collingwood fan on the radio last night said he thought BBB could kick 70 to 80 with their midfield. May not be true but that is what fans at other clubs are thing; "North is s**t and BBB would kill it for us".

I'm in the "BBB is going nowhere" camp. Just pointing out the ridiculousness of some of the trade suggestions, such as the two first rounders that the appropriately-named Dunderhead seems to think we could get.

Are you for real?

The top 4-6 teams see us as a 'rival' for the flag in the next few years?

I think you need to have another look at how we are travelling.

The better clubs who will make an offer for BBB will be doing it because they see him as the missing link - they are not going to say ...wait a minute... if we give North a couple of picks inside 20 they might run all over us next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. A Collingwood fan on the radio last night said he thought BBB could kick 70 to 80 with their midfield. May not be true but that is what fans at other clubs are thing; "North is sh*t and BBB would kill it for us".
He would kick 70 easily for Collingwood next year.

I'm in the "BBB is going nowhere" camp. Just pointing out the ridiculousness of some of the trade suggestions, such as the two first rounders that the appropriately-named Dunderhead seems to think we could get.

I guess his point was we shouldn’t do the deal for less, if we were going to.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone else think Barrett is full of s**t? Brown is playing like s**t, but has been unlucky to not win a few Coleman medals the last few years. We haven't even got a ready made replacement for him, unless we're going with Larkey as our key target as of next year.

Anyone else think Barrett is full of sh*t? Brown is playing like sh*t, but has been unlucky to not win a few Coleman medals the last few years. We haven't even got a ready made replacement for him, unless we're going with Larkey as our key target as of next year.
Larkey and Comben
Fast track development and rebuild

You can have Walker there too or any other cheaper stop gap

cb65dc6b37af6df2b5ab99e96746be23

Geoff Walsh
Hey Purple, buddy, mate, how's the best investigator in the bizz? Hey, now we know you love the roos mate, I do too still, serious, but I reckon they're being pretty selfish holding on to Benny Brown during what's supposed to be a rebuild.

Anyway don't know why I'm telling you this. I mean, you're just a journo, there's nothing you can do to run his trade value down. See ya champion.
S6ezUK8R_400x400.jpg

Damian Barrett:
Just a journo eh? Nothing I can do about it eh? Let's just see about that:

1595394390569.png

The last 5 weeks though (and the rest of the season for that matter) are giving us an idea who is standing up and who is wilting. I imagine there's some blokes whose performances under the pump haver been found wanting are going to find themselves out the door.
Mase an obvious example I would have thought

Remove this Banner Ad

Back