Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:
No.

You're so busy foaming at the mouth that you're incapable of applying any perspective.

If it were up to you Victoria would be in the middle of a pandemic with no premier in place, further delaying and stalling any action that could be taken, in order to satiate your desire for OUTRAGE.

So perhaps, you're not the person anyone should be listening to?

If the premier is irreplaceable, why have a deputy?

No Tassie hub by the looks

Tasmania’s state borders will remain closed
Tasmania’s state borders, which were to reopen to selected states this week , will remain closed in light of the ongoing coronavirus on the mainland, Premier Peter Gutwein has announced.

Mr Gutwein said the state will be closed to all until at least August 31 .

The community wouldn't even know who he is and as soon as he announced he would be continuing with the restrictions, everyone would hate him as well.

Wouldnt be his direct fault. He also isnt the person belittling his community by blaming them for the issue which is whats causing alot of the angst

No Tassie hub by the looks

Tasmania’s state borders will remain closed
Tasmania’s state borders, which were to reopen to selected states this week , will remain closed in light of the ongoing coronavirus on the mainland, Premier Peter Gutwein has announced.

Mr Gutwein said the state will be closed to all until at least August 31 .

How is the Dreamtime game going to go if the NT borders are closed to Brisbane CBD with Essendon playing at the Gabba on 16 Aug and Richmond at the Gabba on 17 Aug? I assume there is already some sort of plan ready to go

Wouldnt be his direct fault. He also isnt the person belittling his community by blaming them for the issue which is whats causing alot of the angst

I think you should be sceptical about the angst. Yes, there's angst about uncertainty and the need to shut down industries but the media narrative and certainly BigFooty, are not necessarily representative of the community. There's some especially loud squeaky wheels about.

Correct me if I am wrong but to my knowledge the current wave in Victoria is not related to the Ruby Princess?

It was due to cross contamination from returned international plane travellers from India, Europe, China, etc to the security guards who then spread it to the housing commission flats in inner Melbourne and then to the rest of Victoria (seems most logical chain of events)

Even if the Ruby Princess fiasco hadn't have happened we would still be in the same scenario in Victoria.
We arent linking the two outbreaks

we are comparing them on the f-up scale

The community wouldn't even know who he is and as soon as he announced he would be continuing with the restrictions, everyone would hate him as well.

hey a question for the viccos?

did people actually hate your premier for the restrictions?

i never got that sense over here - we knew it was an extreme event and extreme measures were called for

aside from the odd outlier one nation peanut , west aussies were and are 95% behind our premier and were 95% behind the federal response till they tried to throw us under the palmer bus.

do you guys seriously have a large percentage of people who disagree with restrictions?

i never got that sense over here - we knew it was an extreme event and extreme measures were called for

aside from the odd outlier one nation peanut , west aussies were and are 95% behind our premier and were 95% behind the federal response till they tried to throw us under the palmer bus.

do you guys seriously have a large percentage of people who disagree with restrictions?
We have a very diverse population here with a lot of different views.

I think you should be sceptical about the angst. Yes, there's angst about uncertainty and the need to shut down industries but the media narrative and certainly BigFooty, are not necessarily representative of the community. There's some especially loud squeaky wheels about.

The media narrative has been to admire Dans 'bravery' and ignore his failures.

Anyone who dare question Dans poor performance gets shut down with the "He has alot on his plate at the moment, he looks stressed" commentary. Or the "he is doing the best he can"

As ive said a million times, doing the best you can isnt a good enough performance in some jobs and Premier is one of them. If I fly a plane into a mountain I cant get out of the plane and be like "Well i did the best I could". Seems good enough for Dan though

Hard to know. Everyone I know is okay with doing what they can and following the regulations, but they're generally people in white collar jobs so can work from home. The French people who run my local cafe / bakery think we have it easy compared to what their friends and relatives went through.

Away from anecdotes, there hasn't been much polling - there was an Essential poll which, from memory, was supportive about a week ago.

Personally, I would have wanted much tougher measures earlier to achieve community elimination and be back at the footy etc. I'm annoyed the way it got out of quarantine. I generally don't think it's appreciated how difficult this sort of governance is. Look, the weather has been nice (turning crap tomorrow), I get out for some exercise once a day, the kids seem fine. It is what it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the fact the numbers were crushed here after the initial restrictions shows that on a whole the population of Victoria were doing the right thing.

The ADF waves and says hi.
WA used private security too. ADF was not necessary, just a base level of individual competence.

ADF is only going to WA quarantine hotels now. Largely to shield McGowan from criticism if it gets out, not to make it less likely that it gets out.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

WA used private security too. ADF was not necessary, just a base level of individual competence.

ADF is only going to WA quarantine hotels now. Largely to shield McGowan from criticism if it gets out, not to make it less likely that it gets out.

Victoria didnt use private security though is the core issue. They used randoms plucked out from the street and put clothes on them. If I dress as a fireman I am not a fireman and if you dress someone as a security they are not security if they have zero training and zero idea what to do.

WA used private security. The difference would be. Our security had training and were actually employed to do that job. Victorias securty was employed to wear a uniform and fake it through

Victoria didnt use private security though is the core issue. They used randoms plucked out from the street and put clothes on them. If I dress as a fireman I am not a fireman and if you dress someone as a security they are not security if they have zero training and zero idea what to do.

WA used private security. The difference would be. Our security had training and were actually employed to do that job. Victorias securty was employed to wear a uniform and fake it through

lol, have had a lot to do with Security over in WA and no...just no. You don't have a higher standard of security, the "training" you talk about is a days general training and I would suggest they don't fail more than 1% of people that apply. The entire industry is a joke Australia wide.

There has been no problems or incidents or outbreaks from hotels in WA and it is very very unlikely that there will be.
McGowan said if ADF are available we will use them and thats all there is to that story.
All talk and comparisons between WA and Victorias hotel security is a beat up the two have been handled and run and managed very differently and you know it

Last edited:

We have a very diverse population here with a lot of different views.
This is the best way to put it. You only have to look on the news to see there are Victorians that (rightly or wrongly) certainly do not agree with the restrictions.

Personally, I don't think you will know until the 2022 election. If it means anything Sportsbet have Labor at $1.70, Liberals at $2.10 right now

lol, have had a lot to do with Security over in WA and no...just no. You don't have a higher standard of security, the "training" you talk about is a days general training and I would suggest they don't fail more than 1% of people that apply. The entire industry is a joke Australia wide.
Did you just describe 98% of privately run vocational education in australia?

This is the best way to put it. You only have to look on the news to see there are Victorians that (rightly or wrongly) certainly do not agree with the restrictions.

Personally, I don't think you will know until the 2022 election. If it means anything Sportsbet have Labor at $1.70, Liberals at $2.10 right now

Seems generous for the Liberals. Case in point is right now, they actually have an issue to talk about and maybe we might learn the name of the opposition leader. But they were for opening up earlier so they can't really say s**t now. They shoot themselves in the knees everytime they have an opportunity.

This is their essential problem, Andrews is not everyone's favourite bloke but the choice has and is between him and a clown show.

Having no election until 2022 makes whether we like things now or not somewhat irrelevant.

Reckon mcgowan would be sitting on about 1c for the win

I think the fact the numbers were crushed here after the initial restrictions shows that on a whole the population of Victoria were doing the right thing.

The virus wasn't in the population then.
Large parts of Melbourne will go back to zero or low figures in 6 weeks.
Others will continue to spread.

<<<<<We as humans don’t learn from history and are therefore doomed to repeat it. The Spanish flu lasted for 2 years. The second wave killed far more people than the first, and in total there were 4 waves. It killed somewhere between 20 million to 50 million people. Citizens were ordered to wear masks, and everywhere shut down and boarded up schools, movie theatres, and business. Mail distribution stopped, as did garbage collection. Many people had to dig graves for their own family members.

Here we are 100 years later, and what have we learned? Half the people don’t want to wear masks because they think it’s a hoax/it’s not that bad/the government is lying/insert insane right wing conspiracy theory rhetoric here.

People want to prioritize their own narcissistic desires and privileges over other human beings lives.

What did they have in 1918? No TV. No internet, not a lot of food supply.

What do we have? TV, internet, movies that can be watched from home, ubereats...you name it. And yet we are a world full of entitled and selfish people who lack human empathy and act oppressed when given any minute sense of responsibility.

Travel is not a necessity. Movie theatres are not a necessity. Throwing parties is not a necessity.

Being a decent human being shouldn’t be a revolutionary act....it should be common sense.>>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back