Player Watch Isaac Quaynor

Remove this Banner Ad

Just an out there ?
If the cause of the injury is due to the boots could Isaac take legal action against the Swans,the AFL and also Nike?

No.

Nobody takes legal action in the AFL (As bad as this is, there are much worse situations such as Gaff’s king hit on Brayshaw which don’t attract legal action)

The AFL deals with these things in-house. The injured player continues to get paid so there are no grounds for loss-of-income, and the AFL will apply punitive action on club and player so that some justice is served. Everybody then quickly moves on.

No.

Nobody takes legal action in the AFL (As bad as this is, there are much worse situations such as Gaff’s king hit on Brayshaw which don’t attract legal action)

The AFL deals with these things in-house. The injured player continues to get paid so there are no grounds for loss-of-income, and the AFL will apply punitive action on club and player so that some justice is served. Everybody then quickly moves on.

Interesting tho a player enters the arena using footwear that's not approved.
And I understand what your saying regarding other injuries due to illegal acts on the ground.
But to me this one's a tad different.

1. Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot.... Caroline Wilson and the media would be going after our club hard....

2. Anyone seen the rich guys in the change rooms 🤣

I agree with the thrust of your post, but what about performance based contracts and incentives?

It may just be my old eyes but on the twitter photo. showing the studs pre-game, haven't they damaged the
artificial turf that he was standing on?

I agree with the thrust of your post, but what about performance based contracts and incentives?

100% there would be grounds for civil suits based on negligence, duty of care etc if say the said injury tore tendons and ended his career.

Pretty forseeable if you wear metal studs a serious injury is likely. Would more likely be a case against the player and their club than the afl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d imagine that performance based payments/incentives would not be that significant otherwise salary cap $$$ would drive selection. Would probably have to prove that player would have been selected (a risk for a player like Quaynor). Unlikely to be worth the hassle of going to court over, even if he could get legal costs.

Last edited:
Okay Einstein, why do you think metal studs are banned in the first place? Obviously because they are likely to cause more damage -which is what has happened to Quaynor.
I'll go the full Eddie and say heads should roll for this.

Interesting photo of Daicos from a week ago on the Collingwood Instagram.

Actually I was still playing when metal studs were banned and we all laughed at it knowing that plastic studs were far more likely to wear quickly creating sharp edges.

Interesting photo of Daicos from a week ago on the Collingwood Instagram.

Actually I was still playing when metal studs were banned and we all laughed at it knowing that plastic studs were far more likely to wear quickly creating sharp edges.

Do you mean this one?

Screenshot_20200807-150141_Instagram.jpg
Because they are obviously clear plastic moulds 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Barry just keeps punching himself in the face. 🤣

Plastic is brittle, edges wear/break off. Metal edges hang around.

So the AFL has declared that the stops were indeed illegal. Huge sanction incom..... wait, no, Sydney get a stern talking to and AFL declares the next time there will be a $40,000 fine. Meanwhile we lose another player who’s an up and coming star for a month. There is no justice in this league...

No.

Back in the 80's Leith Matthews was criminally charged over on on-field incident, but that was a long time ago..

So the AFL has declared that the stops were indeed illegal. Huge sanction incom..... wait, no, Sydney get a stern talking to and AFL declares the next time there will be a $40,000 fine. Meanwhile we lose another player who’s an up and coming star for a month. There is no justice in this league...

Like I said before, imagine the uproar if this was collingwood. would be a media storm