Review Round 15, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The wobbles fans honestly believe they would have, and should have, beaten us. Given the amount of fumbling from their players this assertion of theirs is very humorous.

Hate to sound negative but we limped to a win against coming off a bye a currently average oppposition with a lot of their key players out, not sure what to make of that.

Down two in the rotations and a very physical game.

Anyone still reckon we don’t have an issue with our last quarters?

I’ll take the win but we aren’t doing sh*t in the finals if the past month of footy is anything to go by. Our last four games we’ve been inaccurate, rarely score in the last quarter and just scrape past teams. Not since beating the Bombers have we had a convincing win.

But we are winning, we beat Collingwood, so they’re positives and it beats the crap out of where we were pre 2019.

I hear you, but we actually looked spent with 5-7 minutes to go in the third. Two rotations down plug Neale with a Corkie. Willing to let it go this week.

Tonight confirmed what many of us here already knew- Daniel McStay is NOT a forward!

I still think from a team standpoint we'll prefer him there. Moore down back along with Mihoceck and Cox to deal with forced our hand. Unless we moved Lester up the ground because he's a forward.

McInerney was massive in the ruck. He is super underrated. Lyons and Berry gave us so much drive out of the middle and Starcevich and Gardiner were rock solid in the backline. How good is Starcevich becoming? Completely dominated Stephenson, he is growing in confidence and is becoming a very reliable player. I thought Robinson looked a little closer to his old self tonight with his attack on the contest, and Zorko’s defensive work was great in tight. Rayner is a beast and will be such a gun in another few years. He is so strong and yet composed and skilful. I love when he calmly picks up the ball in congestion when multiple other players from both sides have fumbled. Coleman had a great debut, very composed with 12 disposals and 4 tackles. Hipwood and Cameron worked hard up the ground and made an impact on our offensive game.

Overall very happy to get the win with 2 talls down early and 2 less rotations for majority of the match.

Turn this on its head. I would be screaming at our player for giving away the free. It’s that obvious its a free, it’s a no brainer. Paying the free immediately stops other sniping. It’s 5 seconds after the goal. Watch the ump. Whistle to the mouth then change of mind. He has the perfect view. No one is in the way.

Daft.

He should be dropped for that. You can see him thinking - oh that’s Robbo so no free. It’s cheating

Oscar Mcneirney Running the whole 50 to save a mark and an easy goal with 2 mins and 50 seconds left!

If you haven’t seen it, you better go watch it. What is he 206cm? Could not be more impressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100 per cent gut running from the big fella, likely saved us there. Full marks to the Big O. I love his guts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to sound negative but we limped to a win coming off a bye against a currently average oppposition with a lot of their key players out, not sure what to make of that. I’m just waiting for boys to go up another gear but we seem to just get by with 4 points!
Give us some credit. We’re without our #1 ruck, and we went 2 rotations down during that game, one of which is our key defender. And we still won.

Oscar McInerney had a game high 9 clearances. He was massive tonight. Completely put to rest the idea that he doesn’t do enough around the ground. He was sensational. Berry was brilliant too. Hipwood was great up the ground and his two goals were vital. Coleman looks amazing. Starcevich was brave and Lester and Gardiner were rock solid. Rich is such a safe and reliable defender. Lyons and Neale were solid as usual. Rayner is starting to play consistently and is showing his class. McCluggage was reasonable too. Zorko was reasonable, but not dominant. I like Mitch’s game too. Plenty of grunt.

I still think from a team standpoint we'll prefer him there. Moore down back along with Mihoceck and Cox to deal with forced our hand. Unless we moved Lester up the ground because he's a forward.
Unfortunately he just does not have skill set to be an effective forward.

I wonder if this late in the season we will just move McStay back and give Skinner another crack up forward. Mind you with Fullerton out as well Skinner and Payne may get a run.
We should give Payne a run next week in defence and play Skinner in attack.

Back