Autopsy Rd 16 Blues pull off comeback victory from 7 goals down

Who played well in Round 16 vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved Cas. Presented all night, clunked a few and just put Sydney player‘s bodies in danger. When you are not on, do the 1%ers and he just kept running, hitting and tackling. Rucked well too. Love the big lug.

TDK announced himself today, his poise and clean hands in the 4th quarter were a sight to behold.

Plow belted Papley and added another scalp. Love the dance step on the back flank. Party trick.

SPS got himself involved today. Doubt it was a role change of any significance, he just imposed himself.

H presented all night, his kicking though, still needs help. Avoiding a set shot at all costs.

Owies deserves another go but Eddie will surely come back in for the Adelaide game. Conundrum.

Fish just has poise and tricks. HHF is a home then on ball as he builds tank and body.

Simmo cracked in and played the spare nicely. Won his share of contests.

Setters showed his growth in the 4th. Genuine AFL mid now.

Nice captains games from Crippa and Doc. Did hard things to lead from the front.

Jones was his athletic best again tonight, you take some clangers from him but, he more than compensated.

Walsh will poll well in the Brownlow despite a slow start to the season. Crippa won’t take too many votes so he should get a look in. AA squad at least.

Weitering AA squad. Just a rock. When a forward sees him coming when the game starts a little bit of poo sneaks out I reckon.

We have to fix this forward 50 entries issue. We had success when drove through the middle with options either side or showed some patience and hit a lead. Need to back ourselves not just plonk it forward and hope. It’s too cluttered to hope a crumber can clean it up or a big fan clunk a mark.

Anyway, Congrats to Teague and all involved. Season 2020 is still, barely, alive.

Teague?? Cottrell was pumped cos he’s a Carlton fan. Knows what it means to the fans and celebrated like he should.
His grandfather Les would be proud.
Teague?? Cottrell was pumped cos he’s a Carlton fan. Knows what it means to the fans and celebrated like he should.
His grandfather Len, (No.32), would be proud.

I thought Plowman was very good. Play De Koning all year he has shown more than enough and was good tonight as well. Shout out to Newnes third quarter as well. Loving the never say die attitude.
much harder to come from 40 billion points down with these shortened quarters..........but try telling thankyou cottrell that.........

I nominate WALSH to captain the Mars project after his career is over ... him and 20 of the finest female of our species. The Mars colony only needs his males genes. Guy is a mans man! At bloody 20!
Nuh... need the father-sons.

18 Walshs pls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit emotional but, all you campaigners who jumped off in the first half, there you go.

Was in a global 3 hour meeting trying to watch the game, 7 goals down turned the tv off pissed that I still had 2 hours to go in a s**t meeting after watching some absolute s**t footy...
Got a notification from AFL live that we’d won...nfw, watching it now🥳

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thought a key turning point was when TDK was effective enough in the ruck that the swans were pressured into putting Aliir^2 into the middle.

It made Sydney's forward line unbalanced and depriving Aliir Aliir Aliir from the swans backline meant they were no longer intercept marking 541% of our inside 50s.

Won't see it on the stats sheet, but a huge win for TDK.

Thy WTH are you doing in ICU? I hope it is not too serious and you're back home soon.
you're a beauty - just me being a peanut - I could do with the odd easy win however, dogs game style............thanks jr.......:thumbsu:

That wasn't what you said in the game day thread

Yeah well to be honest, I still think Some things are broken at the club, my opinion.. but it’s a winning thread and I wanted to make a somewhat positive comment instead of only a negative won.

Yes we won, but we should never have been in a position to have to win it with a min left on the clock, but it’s a winning autopsy so I’m trying to be somewhat positive

I nominate WALSH to captain the Mars project after his career is over ... him and 20 of the finest female of our species. The Mars colony only needs his males genes. Guy is a mans man! At bloody 20!
...and then, we should have first dibs at selecting from the best of his planetary offspring. But, we need to make sure the current AFL commission is overthrown, as they'll likely allocate Mars as a selection zone for one of their plastic clubs.

Back