Review Round 16, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast

Who were your five best players against Gold Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Witts had plenty of prior opportunity, About 5 meters worth.

As previously pointed out, got tackled and dropped it .

Classic and straightforward HTB,

Absolutely bizarre non decision by the same umpire that couldn't find a free for Mitch being poleaxed off the ball 5 days ago. I thought Leigh Fisher hated us but Rosebury is challenging hard
Was just saying the rule had changed and disagree he run 5 mtrs before tackled. It's still a stupid rule.

"bruises and scratches" for lachie :eek: I actually didn't see any niggle on lachie at all, whether it was me or the camera looking away.
Yeah I just came back here to mention that - Fagan doesn't normally give that type of thing away during a presser, so that statement is telling.

There was a scrag at one point there, Lachie was on the ground ripping into Miller on a wing I think so I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if that's related.

"bruises and scratches" for lachie :eek: I actually didn't see any niggle on lachie at all, whether it was me or the camera looking away.

super sad for McCarthy to prob miss out again.. I rank him so highly.
Linc's leg will be the size of a watermelon tomorrow . You could see the bruise almost instantly on the bench. Likely miss one ,hopefully not two.

Miller was using his usual dog acts on Lachie along with a couple of others. Lachie really blew up at one stage and I thought he was going to belt him, never seen him so angry.

I reckon a tall defender alongside Harris with Gardiner as the third tall is the coaching staff's ideal set up. They had that spot earmarked for Adams (who admittedly had more flexibility to play on different forwards), but Payne could fill that role nicely.
Payne many many times > Adams

Extra time is a commodity that few players have. It seems to stand still for the classy players.

Black had it.

Clugga’s got it.

Coleman too.
Speaking of extra time. Come finals, will quarters will be their proper length?

Answerth been a real highlight for me since he has come back in.His competitiveness and willingness to do the team stuff is what the team needs down back.
He is a lock for best 22 even when everyone is up and running
Totally agree he's pressure acts are fantastic for young kid.Just keep playing him and watch him develop into handy little defender.

Linc's leg will be the size of a watermelon tomorrow . You could see the bruise almost instantly on the bench. Likely miss one ,hopefully not two.

Miller was using his usual dog acts on Lachie along with a couple of others. Lachie really blew up at one stage and I thought he was going to belt him, never seen him so angry.

It was crazy watching Starcevich's black eye slowly develop as he walked off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wouldn't think so. Got to finals under conditions ‘a‘, play finals under conditions ‘a’
Surely the GF would be the standard length. World’s gone mad!

Bet you didn't expect that did ya?

Great game live, good atmosphere, the crowd enjoyed the game, Charlie kicked some, Hippy got it straighter, Rayner had a plan off, Robbo charged in, new kids were great, Neale best on ground - it was like all time. Happy days.

Payne is a big, fast, monster, lets persist this boy is good, just needs learning time. Coleman has unbelievable vision and seemingly more time than others around hime - potential with a capital "P".

Good games also from Rich, Neale, Answerth, Hippy, Charlie, Rayner, Robbo, Clugga, thanks Ling, oh bugger they were all good EXCEPT the usual whipping boys McStay and now Archie and possibly Lester.

It was crazy watching Starcevich's black eye slowly develop as he walked off

If you are out cold like he looked to be, do they immediately treat it as a concussion or do they still do concussion testing? Cos he seemed bright eyed and chatty when he woke up and ran back to the bench, I almost thought he could be back out there. Epitomised the intent from the boys. After tonight it seems like we are going to try to bolster that percentage and start the finals with some solid form. Maintain that energy and spirit and we will go far, maybe grinding out that win against the pies last week has been the pressure reliever we need.

We all know what sort of a player Archie is but at least he gave Oscar a good rest and competed adequately. Plus he's big and towards the end of games that helps. I'm one of his critics but he tried hard tonight and got into good position on occasions.

Hands down that's the worst umpire and the worst as a group I think I've ever seen n the AFL . And I'm not getting carried away and I wasn't blowing up , but many decisions unfathomable.

Payne is obviously going to be a good player. We need to give him time.

I think GC is just about cooked this year with their young players so I'm not surprised Neale ,Cameron , Clug and Hippy had half a picnic but you can do no more than win and that's what we keep doing.

I'm not optimistic on Bez. If you put your shoulder out and they put it back in it generally means 6 weeks min. We'll probably know late tomorrow or Friday morning.

Looking to at least 3 changes for Sunday . Don't know why people are writing off Birchall . He'll be very valuable for us in a final.

And Daniel Rich. That guy is now a bona fide Rock. Almost impossible to beat one on one.
I sat up above the benches, Bez's shoulder was not in a sling and he was moving it freely, waking and patting team mates on the back. Yes scans may show different. My daughter told me scans are a must when they pop it back in to make sure no nerves or tendons got dragged into the joint. Fagan said in the press conference Bez kept telling him he wanted to play. Fingers crossed its not a Harris andrews worse than thought but no ice, no sling, fever movement looks positive.

If you are out cold like he looked to be, do they immediately treat it as a concussion or do they still do concussion testing? Cos he seemed bright eyed and chatty when he woke up and ran back to the bench, I almost thought he could be back out there. Epitomised the intent from the boys. After tonight it seems like we are going to try to bolster that percentage and start the finals with some solid form. Maintain that energy and spirit and we will go far, maybe grinding out that win against the pies last week has been the pressure reliever we need.
Correct me if I'm wrong and it might be only in the NRL. Starc was out cold initially, that alone means he doesn't come back on and there is an independent doctor looking at the vision that makes that assessment. By the time he got to the bench where we were sitting just above it he was walking and talking - seemingly fine. There were quite a few discussions on the side lines by the doctors (generally overweight guys in pink official jackets) so I figured it might be touch and go but Fagan said in the press conference under AFL protocols he was definitely out for Cairns.

Good team performance and more adversity faced heading into the finals, which is setting us up to take on anything that comes our way in the finals.

I'm really hoping it's only a precautionary for Berry, despite it popping out, could still be minor and they just didn't want to risk sending him back out there. Hopefully no structure damage for Starc either. Linc seems fine.

Payne was great, especially in the first quarter. Good to see Zorks back in form and Lachie back to his Brownlow form.

Can't get complacent though in our final two games, keep the hunger.
Linc may have seemed fine but i dont think he will be able to get out of bed in the morning with that corky

Pretty certain you can be knocked out without having a concussion

Yeah I just came back here to mention that - Fagan doesn't normally give that type of thing away during a presser, so that statement is telling.

There was a scrag at one point there, Lachie was on the ground ripping into Miller on a wing I think so I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if that's related.
It was interesting the way Fagan answered that question in the press conference. The Lions have a policy not to complain but Fagan made a distinct point and the pregnant pause was priceless afterwards. I though the media was a bit shocked he even agreed Lacie got some pretty poor treatment. Miller really is a pest and there was a great exchange late in the game when Neale came back on and went and stood in the backline, Zorko ran over to him and I reckon Neale said, "I'm here to confuse Miller and his tagging". Zorko nodded vigorously and laughed and he ran up and stood in the forward line. Miller was in the centre bounce and didn't know which one to look at. Was funny at the time.

Back