Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully they get this one right. Every other adaptation has been sh*te and not worthy of the name.

Wheel of Time in the works apparently. That would be a mammoth task.

L.O.T.R. was very well done but l could never figure out why Tom Bombadil was left out in the first movie.

Wheel of Time in the works apparently. That would be a mammoth task.

L.O.T.R. was very well done but l could never figure out why Tom Bombadil was left out in the first movie.
I read an interview with Jackson, he said that the scene did not advance the story, same with the Barrow Downs where they are captured, or the escape through the Old Forest.

Was nice to see Old Man Willow transplanted into Fangorn Forest though.

I read an interview with Jackson, he said that the scene did not advance the story, same with the Barrow Downs where they are captured, or the escape through the Old Forest.

Was nice to see Old Man Willow transplanted into Fangorn Forest though.

Always thought it was an important part of the story. Here is this " god-like " figure who plays with the ring who laughs and is totally unaffected by it.

Will do.

I have heard good things about this too. Haven't watched it yet.

Yeah Kaufman can never be accused of boring and that looks suitably strange, funny and thought provoking. I rewatched Being John Malkovich on SBS a few weeks ago and had forgotten just how brilliant that movie is.

A couple of other recents worth a look:

Both are great, imho 👍

Zvyagintsev is one of the best filmmakers on the planet just quietly. Leviathan & Elena are also top draw artistic masterpieces for anyone interested in exploring some alternative entertainment.

Zvyagintsev is one of the best filmmakers on the planet just quietly. Leviathan & Elena are also top draw artistic masterpieces for anyone interested in exploring some alternative entertainment.

strongly agree. i take it youve seen loveless, grogg. his most recent and probably my favourite.

any thoughts on the banishment (2007)? the only one of his i havent seen yet. i should get to that.

strongly agree. i take it youve seen loveless, grogg. his most recent and probably my favourite.

any thoughts on the banishment (2007)? the only one of his i havent seen yet. i should get to that.
Nah haven't caught loveless or the banishment yet sadly but they are on the must see list, susaurrar.

I haven't been watching much film lately and I keep getting distracted, but I'm going to try and catch up with a number of movies that need crossing off the list.

There's a newish Juliet Binochet and Catherine Deneuve film called The Truth that I'm probably gonna watch next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah haven't caught loveless or the banishment yet sadly but they are on the must see list, susaurrar.

I haven't been watching much film lately and I keep getting distracted, but I'm going to try and catch up with a number of movies that need crossing off the list.

There's a newish Juliet Binochet and Catherine Deneuve film called The Truth that I'm probably gonna watch next.

now theres an interesting one id also like to see. im a huge kore-eda fan and was shocked and then intrigued when i heard his new film was going be in french and starring ethan hawke and these other big name actors. ive heard its not very good. his first one, maborosi, is one of my all time favourites, but hes got a lot of great ones. as far as living directors go id put him up there with zvyagintsev.

Speaking of Russian classics, have you seen Come and See? Another on my list. Apparently a harrowing watch.
Funny you mention that but I've been tossing up whether to watch The Painted Bird or not, but it's just such brutal material I don't really wanna go there at the moment.

Same story with Come and See.

Funny you mention that but I've been tossing up whether to watch The Painted Bird or not, but it's just such brutal material I don't really wanna go there at the moment.

Same story with Come and See.
Wow. Hadn't heard about it but just read up.

s**t.

Maybe next year.

Speaking of Russian classics, have you seen Come and See? Another on my list. Apparently a harrowing watch.

i remember being a bit disappointed with it and thinking it was overrated when i watched it quite a few years ago.

i was planning on rewatching it recently when the new criterion blu ray came out but then i forgot about it. ill put that on the list.

now theres an interesting one id also like to see. im a huge kore-eda fan and was shocked and then intrigued when i heard his new film was going be in french and starring ethan hawke and these other big name actors. ive heard its not very good. his first one, maborosi, is one of my all time favourites, but hes got a lot of great ones. as far as living directors go id put him up there with zvyagintsev.
Yeah heard the same reports, but being a massive Kore-eda fan as well, I've got to make my own judgement. I think sometimes once a movie is umm targeted ( for want of a better word) it loses a little of it quirkiness, charm and soul.

Example A : Snowpiercer by Bong Joon Ho

Raised by Wolves is another one checking out if you are looking for some quality SciFi. I'm only a few episodes in, but as stated elsewhere, it's everything Prometheus could have been.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back