Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he was a man that got his job through a process that was asking all ex NM players that are coaching to coach them...and they saved face by saying there was a process and hired him

He's also a man who got his job by convincing the board that their list had something to offer in the here and now and that they did not have to go through a rebuild.

No minor Premier has won the flag since Hawthorn in 2013.

Will it be 7 years in a row or will it be Port?

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

It won't be Port.

They are too one-dimensional. Against good teams they have an over-reliance on scoring through Dixon, and they are too short down back to quell big forwards.

Freo fans creaming themselves on twitter about the slim possibility of playing us in an elimination final...
...so what’s the calculation? WB have to lose to Haw, then Freo have to smash WB, GWS have to lose by a decent margin to St K, and Essendon have to smash Melb?

I mean it’s possible, but I can’t see them gaining enough percentage

9th is where you want Freo finishing every year just miss out on finals but don't get high draft picks

It's funnier when they get the high picks and then continually waste them though.

GWS dropping Coniglio was only going to be a good idea if they won the game, having lost it will do more harm than good. It damages the captain and will damage Leon Cameron within the club.
In my opinion it will not end well and Cameron will be gone by the end of next year.

It won't be Port.

They are too one-dimensional. Against good teams they have an over-reliance on scoring through Dixon, and they are too short down back to quell big forwards.

I hope you're right but I'm worried about the shortened quarters. Throw in a couple of dodgy free kicks and Dixon for example only needs to turn it on for 10 minutes. I feel like there's not enough time for things to even out and so the potentially flakier sides like Power and previously Geelong in finals are a huge chance unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS dropping Coniglio was only going to be a good idea if they won the game, having lost it will do more harm than good. It damages the captain and will damage Leon Cameron within the club.
In my opinion it will not end well and Cameron will be gone by the end of next year.
I think there is a bit to this.

Whats with adelaides late run of form. They could win 3 in a row here.

All played at Adelaide Oval. EDIT: Today they're at metricon.

They take on Richmond next week at Adelaide Oval, a venue they haven't beaten Adelaide at since 2014.

Richmond without Soldo and Lynch.

Could it be Adelaide's revenge?

Last edited:
More than any other team in the comp, Carlton's game plan resembles ours.

You can see that Teague has used Eagles as his blue print.

Strong centre clearance team (good ruck stocks), kick/mark team with strong contested marking, 3 tall forward line.

They even copied our 2019 game plan in only bothering to turn up for one quarter per game.

They just don't have the cattle to do it well enough to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back