QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Miles too good. Good footballers at either end of ground, good mix of youth and experience and good mix of local and recruits. Very good footy club.
Will be good to see Noosa up where they belong and stop playing in a comp
They know there way to good for
What do you get from winning flags in nothing !!!!comps where you are better than every club for years it will be a good for div 1
When most teams now know they have a
Chance

Will be good to see Noosa up where they belong and stop playing in a comp
They know there way to good for
What do you get from winning flags in nothing !!!!comps where you are better than every club for years it will be a good for div 1
When most teams now know they have a
Chance

not exactly an evidence based comment. And aside from this year had no choice as to where they play. And tbh who knows if they will be allowed to go up to qafl in 2021.

Noosa were certainly too good. Not sure they would cut it in the QAFL though without some healthy recruiting. Big gap between QAFL and Div 1.

Maroochy showed not quite as big as some make out. Noosa squad this year would have been more than competitive plus throw in Will McKenzie who will win granges b&f and Tom Templeton I think u have a pretty good group.

Maroochy showed not quite as big as some make out. Noosa squad this year would have been more than competitive plus throw in Will McKenzie who will win granges b&f and Tom Templeton I think u have a pretty good group.
Not to mention that Noosa have plenty to offer in terms of recruitment, shouldn’t have any issues recruiting. Would almost argue that this years team was as strong as last years team. Had some very good recruits in this year, Fraser, Meredith, Rogers etc and then if you add in McKenzie, plus Templeton who is an absolute superstar I think they will do just fine in QAFL should they choose to go that route. Might be a while before reaching the Morningside’s, Broadbeach’s & Palmy’s of the comp but they would be more than competitive against the rest. Maroochydore should’ve beaten Morningside if anything when they played earlier this year so that goes to show they should hold their own against the big dogs on there day.

Not to mention that Noosa have plenty to offer in terms of recruitment, shouldn’t have any issues recruiting. Would almost argue that this years team was as strong as last years team. Had some very good recruits in this year, Fraser, Meredith, Rogers etc and then if you add in McKenzie, plus Templeton who is an absolute superstar I think they will do just fine in QAFL should they choose to go that route. Might be a while before reaching the Morningside’s, Broadbeach’s & Palmy’s of the comp but they would be more than competitive against the rest. Maroochydore should’ve beaten Morningside if anything when they played earlier this year so that goes to show they should hold their own against the big dogs on there day.
Yes Noosa were far too good yesterday with the size of the ground and conditions really suiting them.That team probably as good as I’ve seen at Noosa and tbh were not only lucky to get a season away but we would not have been anywhere near as strong If Covid hadn’t hit.Panthers are very competitive in this Comp and will make it stronger next year.The qafl argument well I think the committee at Noosa will be in favour of a move upwards if available, personally I like to see us complete an entire season in div 1 again.Sponsorship dollars are one third of last year and our bar sales on the back of Covid protocols have been halved.Our reserves are of a similar ilk to maroochy and they finished last and were uncompetitive in most games and are colts are definitely in the competition that they should be.(no where near competing at qafl level)
On field noosas a pretty happy place to be right now so why change it!

Yes Noosa were far too good yesterday with the size of the ground and conditions really suiting them.That team probably as good as I’ve seen at Noosa and tbh were not only lucky to get a season away but we would not have been anywhere near as strong If Covid hadn’t hit.Panthers are very competitive in this Comp and will make it stronger next year.The qafl argument well I think the committee at Noosa will be in favour of a move upwards if available, personally I like to see us complete an entire season in div 1 again.Sponsorship dollars are one third of last year and our bar sales on the back of Covid protocols have been halved.Our reserves are of a similar ilk to maroochy and they finished last and were uncompetitive in most games and are colts are definitely in the competition that they should be.(no where near competing at qafl level)
On field noosas a pretty happy place to be right now so why change it!
Do understand your reasoning as to wanting to stay in DIV 1 in regards to reserves and colts, could see the reserves improving though if you’re able to recruit and some of those guys that on the fringes start playing reserves more often than seniors. Only thing that I see about Noosa staying in DIV 1 is that the seniors won by 100 points in a preliminary final and the grand final by nearly 60. Even with Caloundra coming back can’t see that changing much. Possibly playing in what will now be the state league comp could possibly bring in more sponsors as well as an increase in bar sales due to the higher level of competition being played. Definitely understand your reasoning though in hesitating to go up a level.

Do understand your reasoning as to wanting to stay in DIV 1 in regards to reserves and colts, could see the reserves improving though if you’re able to recruit and some of those guys that on the fringes start playing reserves more often than seniors. Only thing that I see about Noosa staying in DIV 1 is that the seniors won by 100 points in a preliminary final and the grand final by nearly 60. Even with Caloundra coming back can’t see that changing much. Possibly playing in what will now be the state league comp could possibly bring in more sponsors as well as an increase in bar sales due to the higher level of competition being played. Definitely understand your reasoning though in hesitating to go up a level.
Correct move and play in the right comp
Give the others a chance

Correct move and play in the right comp
Give the others a chance
That’s a rubbish argument. No one pushed maynes barrow to go up after 3 consecutive premierships. It should have nothing to do with giving others a chance. U either step up and get better or u don’t. Noosa strength funnily enough comes from the support of the locals and generating revenue. This has nothing to do with ability to recruit etc. bottom line there is a salary cap and a points system in place to create level playing fields. Not a sympathy mind set of giving other clubs an opportunity.

That’s a rubbish argument. No one pushed maynes barrow to go up after 3 consecutive premierships. It should have nothing to do with giving others a chance. U either step up and get better or u don’t. Noosa strength funnily enough comes from the support of the locals and generating revenue. This has nothing to do with ability to recruit etc. bottom line there is a salary cap and a points system in place to create level playing fields. Not a sympathy mind set of giving other clubs an opportunity.
Oh rubbish when the pineapple cup finished
You went down not up
You know you can kick everyone's arse in div 1

Oh rubbish when the pineapple cup finished
You went down not up
You know you can kick everyone's arse in div 1
Yes we went down but moreso to a more convenient and sustainable travelling comp.Our last year in the phc was hard work.Ressies were short most weeks,40 and 50 year olds plucked from the bar to fill in.Not where we wanted to be.Once again you don’t look at the performance of your seniors when shifting comps,but more so the reserves and colts.Getting up at 5.30 am on a Saturday morning to travel
3 hours to palmy to play a game of under 18 s footy is not sustainable going forward imo .As smy stated though,we have to lift again to contend at qafl level just like several clubs need to at div 1 level!

Mate with the team they had this year they be top 3 in qafl or very close to.
I think that top 3 is a bit of stretch as Broady, Siders & Palmy seemed to be a class above the rest. But definitely think they would’ve made finals and would be competitive against those top teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes we went down but moreso to a more convenient and sustainable travelling comp.Our last year in the phc was hard work.Ressies were short most weeks,40 and 50 year olds plucked from the bar to fill in.Not where we wanted to be.Once again you don’t look at the performance of your seniors when shifting comps,but more so the reserves and colts.Getting up at 5.30 am on a Saturday morning to travel
3 hours to palmy to play a game of under 18 s footy is not sustainable going forward imo .As smy stated though,we have to lift again to contend at qafl level just like several clubs need to at div 1 level!
I think the gap for you boys to contend at QAFL level is a lot smaller than it is for the other clubs in Div 1 to close the gap on Noosa. As we have seen the last 4 years it has always been a two horse race between Noosa and Maroochydore in this comp and this year it was a Noosa runaway. It would be great if the other clubs could get what they needed to close that gap to Noosa but that’s a lot easier said then done when you consider what other clubs situations are compared to Noosa. I reckon most clubs in this comp are lucky to get 100 people sometimes going to watch games, yet every time a home game is on at Noosa there seems to be massive crowds which is absolutely fantastic. I could only imagine how big the crowds would get up there if they could play Maroochydore again or get teams of their level playing up there, would be an incredible atmosphere!

I think that top 3 is a bit of stretch as Broady, Siders & Palmy seemed to be a class above the rest. But definitely think they would’ve made finals and would be competitive against those top teams.
Yeh maybe, but if your competitive your a chance of winning. QAFL is no more than a good suburban competition and is to often over hyped. Maroochydore I would argue were less talented this year than last as far as personnel and were a great addition. Noosa's skills this year were the best I've seen at this level in 20 years, by foot they were exceptional, genuine A graders by qafl standards on every line, well coached and resourced and a very difficult and hostile environment for away teams to visit. All 3 above mentioned teams would have had to be at there very best to win thereه. Just because your a "qafl' player doesn't elevate you above all those below. Lots of very good players running around at lower levels

Yeh maybe, but if your competitive your a chance of winning. QAFL is no more than a good suburban competition and is to often over hyped. Maroochydore I would argue were less talented this year than last as far as personnel and were a great addition. Noosa's skills this year were the best I've seen at this level in 20 years, by foot they were exceptional, genuine A graders by qafl standards on every line, well coached and resourced and a very difficult and hostile environment for away teams to visit. All 3 above mentioned teams would have had to be at there very best to win thereه. Just because your a "qafl' player doesn't elevate you above all those below. Lots of very good players running around at lower levels
Definitely agree with all that, obviously would be hard to keep that standard up in a full season but they are a well drilled side. As you said genuine A graders throughout the whole team, and to think if Templeton had decided to play this year for them it could’ve been even more ridiculous for them. No doubts in my mind if they can keep this squad together and are able to recruit as well as they usually do they will go even better than Maroochydore did in their first year in the QAFL.

Good old Pittsy loves being a big fish in a small pond
Actually loved the pineapple hotel cup great Comp! But the travel did become unsustainable in the end.As mentioned earlier momentum is growing for Noosa to go up especially in house and whilst I don’t agree will back them all the same!Atm though winners are grinners!

Actually loved the pineapple hotel cup great Comp! But the travel did become unsustainable in the end.As mentioned earlier momentum is growing for Noosa to go up especially in house and whilst I don’t agree will back them all the same!Atm though winners are grinners!
Noosa should enjoy the win. They were more seasoned than Mayne. Not that it would have changed the result but I'm still wondering how Faulkners 2nd half diving mark didn't receive 50 metres, yet was play on. Umpires may have been blindsighted.
Travel factor has to be addressed. Wasnt it a big part of Burleigh dropping back last year.

Noosa should enjoy the win. They were more seasoned than Mayne. Not that it would have changed the result but I'm still wondering how Faulkners 2nd half diving mark didn't receive 50 metres, yet was play on. Umpires may have been blindsighted.
Travel factor has to be addressed. Wasnt it a big part of Burleigh dropping back last year.
I think if you want a decent comp there has to be some travel in it. We saw back 5-6 years ago when it was the North & South comps that it was more of a flogging then it is now in this comp. In this comp now after Noosa it is an extremely even competition, yet when they were QFA north it was Mayne, Maroochydore, Noosa and occasionally Caloundra with no one really near them and in QFA south it was Springwood & Coorparoo with Burleigh on the odd occasion and that was it. If Noosa does head up then that will remove some of that travel but at the end of the day teams will still be travelling to Caloundra and vice versa for Caloundra. I am hoping that Noosa do head up to the QAFL because I do believe they will do well up there due to a number of reasons. I also hope that Vic Point & Kenmore do come up to Div 1 like the original plan was or even the introduction of a Gold Coast team in that comp again to have some representation for that area in the Comp because really Beenleigh should be classed as Logan not GC, however I wouldn’t be surprised if Vic Point end up in QAFL due to the likely hood of Redlands returning Via the QAFL and possibly changing names.

I think if you want a decent comp there has to be some travel in it. We saw back 5-6 years ago when it was the North & South comps that it was more of a flogging then it is now in this comp. In this comp now after Noosa it is an extremely even competition, yet when they were QFA north it was Mayne, Maroochydore, Noosa and occasionally Caloundra with no one really near them and in QFA south it was Springwood & Coorparoo with Burleigh on the odd occasion and that was it. If Noosa does head up then that will remove some of that travel but at the end of the day teams will still be travelling to Caloundra and vice versa for Caloundra. I am hoping that Noosa do head up to the QAFL because I do believe they will do well up there due to a number of reasons. I also hope that Vic Point & Kenmore do come up to Div 1 like the original plan was or even the introduction of a Gold Coast team in that comp again to have some representation for that area in the Comp because really Beenleigh should be classed as Logan not GC, however I wouldn’t be surprised if Vic Point end up in QAFL due to the likely hood of Redlands returning Via the QAFL and possibly changing names.
Think bond is the natural selection from GC sides for div 1. Although their sortie into this division was poor last time might be better prepared now.

Think bond is the natural selection from GC sides for div 1. Although their sortie into this division was poor last time might be better prepared now.
I agree they probably are, however only thing will be is the player retention, one of the main reasons as to why they struggled so much in Div 1 last time was due to the fact they lost a lot of players from the year prior and just didn’t have the talent from what they had left to be competitive in the comp. However they do have the capabilities for strong recruitment obviously being one of the better universities in the country is a massive help for them. As far as I’m aware their goal has always been to get into the QAFL eventually and they should no doubt have the capability to get there one day, obviously not with their current list but in terms of facilities and access to things etc, they are better positioned than a lot of clubs in QLD. Only thing that would hold them back would be the fact there is already 4 clubs on the coast in the QAFL and don’t see any of them leaving that competition any time soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back