Bluemour Melting Pot XXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its less about the offer and more about our perceived interest in him joining the club.

In direct contrast to how the club presented to him last time (when he left GC).

Put it this way - we didn't embrace him and make him feel as welcome as they did at *
This has only ever been about the offer. All of it is about the offer.

Happy to be proven wrong but I don’t believe for a single second that this is about either clubs direction.

Saad wants long term security and good money and he’s seeing where he can the best deal. Nothing wrong with that.

But let’s not kid ourselves that there’s another layer here.

And as far as demonstrating interest, that’s reflected in the quality and terms of the offer. Don’t accept that you need to start throwing cars at players to prove you want them at your club. You can show them that when you meet with them.

This has only ever been about the offer. All of it is about the offer.

Happy to be proven wrong but I don’t believe for a single second that this is about either clubs direction.

Saad wants long term security and good money and he’s seeing where he can the best deal. Nothing wrong with that.

But let’s not kid ourselves that there’s another layer here.

And as far as demonstrating interest, that’s reflected in the quality and terms of the offer. Don’t accept that you need to start throwing cars at players to prove you want them at your club. You can show them that when you meet with them.

Biggest concern with offering Saad such terms will be complacency.

There's no shortage of players underperforming after they've received the big contract.

Look no further than Grundy, Coniglio, McGovern, Gibbs and Hill for some prime examples.

Biggest concern with offering Saad such terms will be complacency.

There's no shortage of players underperforming after they've received the big contract.

Look no further than Grundy, Coniglio, McGovern, Gibbs and Hill as some prime examples.
You can apply that to every player who receives a lengthy contract though? Will Williams be complacent now? Kind of a pointless argument when discussing new recruits as they're all going to be receiving a significant number of years/cash.

You can apply that to every player who receives a lengthy contract though? Will Williams be complacent now? Kind of a pointless argument when discussing new recruits as they're all going to be receiving a significant number of years/cash.
1 year contracts for everyone!

Stuff that, lets make it a week at a time.

But surely not a straight swap, maybe we split 7 first...

Lets say a realistic pick swap is a 1st + 2nd for pick 7.

Trade the 1st for Saad.

The second gets pushed back due to compensation picks from Williams, Viney, Daniher, Crouch, Corr (rumoured to be end of 1st round due to North's offer), as well as a few others. Add in the academy selections pushing the pick back further and you end up with Saad and a pick in the 30's for pick 7.

If Saad was 22 years old, I wouldn't care because you know you're going to get a quality player for the best part of a decade. The reality is he's 27 next season, which means he's only got 3-4 good years left in him.

He's a good player, but not worth overpaying for due to his limited time left in the game. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

Some players are validated by it and push themselves get to that next level, see Neale, Lachie.

Unfortunately it is or at least appears that way.
No ******* way do we just trade 7 for Saad. It doesn't matter what Dodo asks for, 7 would probably be the 6th thing he'd ask for (after Cripps, Walsh, Weiters, Charlie, Harry), and his next request is probably our future 1st.

Saad is OOC, * doesn't hold the power here like they did with JD last year. At the end of the day, if Saad really wants out (which is still yet to be officially confirmed) then they'll have to do a deal or risk him walking to the PSD. Granted, he'd probably end up at Norf because no way they let a good player go, regardless of if they want to be there, but Saad could nominate a ******* huge contract so at least he'd get paid for the next 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would definitely do a straight swap of Dow for Narkle, I’m on page 78 so haven’t seen the other arguments for or against Narkle.
I think he’s a very good player and from what I’ve seen of Dow, I’d be happy with my above!👍

Elmer you need to try and find some sort of treatment your the premature celebration issue that you suffer from.
Premature evaluation is a difficult condition to treat. Er, mate told me.......

No ******* way do we just trade 7 for Saad. It doesn't matter what Dodo asks for, 7 would probably be the 6th thing he'd ask for (after Cripps, Walsh, Weiters, Charlie, Harry), and his next request is probably our future 1st.

Saad is OOC, * doesn't hold the power here like they did with JD last year. At the end of the day, if Saad really wants out (which is still yet to be officially confirmed) then they'll have to do a deal or risk him walking to the PSD. Granted, he'd probably end up at Norf because no way they let a good player go, regardless of if they want to be there, but Saad could nominate a ******* huge contract so at least he'd get paid for the next 5 years.

Completely agree with this, but I wouldn't be shocked if pick 7 was handed over for Saad.

I would definitely do a straight swap of Dow for Narkle, I’m on page 78 so haven’t seen the other arguments for or against Narkle.
I think he’s a very good player and from what I’ve seen of Dow, I’d be happy with my above!👍

You mean from what you've seen of Dow as an injured player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back