Bluemour Melting Pot XXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update.

It seems like Saad is our top priority given all the media noise... I'm hoping that's not the case though...

Saad being our "top priority" according to the media noise is purely because finals are STILL yet to start, half the comp are playing in those finals, and as such there are very few player movement decisions being made yet.

Saad being our "top priority" according to the media noise is purely because finals are STILL yet to start, half the comp are playing in those finals, and as such there are very few player movement decisions being made yet.

Ok, cool your jets..

There are players from teams in the finals that have been plastered over the media, Graham and Wines as an example.

Which players from finals teams could we possibly be after with a realistic chance to grab them?

I just would've thought since GWS and * are out of the finals picture they'd be most likely who we'd be having discussions with...

Dow, LOB, Stocker after another full uninterrupted football
season must be reviewed and reassessed if current form continues and don’t show some glimpses.
At this years trade table, Kennedy , Cunners, Fisher, Mc Gov. need to be revived likewise, 2021 end Charlie too if he still can’t stay on the park along with Marchbank.
We have so much talent but through constant injury possibile mismanagement and or poor form don’t develop the way they should.
Stephen Silvagni was very good list manger, sad about the embroil around him but have a gut feel Agresta & Austin will mange very well too and I’m expecting more than Zac Williams.
Nah. You've mentioned one bloke there's been a whisper about trading, Kennedy, then also ignored the one where there appears a bit of smoke about in Jack.

Working through your list of trade options: OOC, 2022, 2021, 2023, 2023, 2022.

Kennedy is the one we'd let go if someone shows some interest, and he should go for the opportunity if * or another club who really needs a big inside mid that can play hff. I'd expect Fish to extend and the others are all contracted for2 or 3 more years.

I doubt we will get Saad because of his uncles connection to Dodoro; who will pony up when push comes to shove.

I reckon Saad is the sort of poker player that holds up a table (with his big decision) every time he has cards because he likes the attention before folding; leaving everybody thinking that's what done last time. He is probably looking himself in the mirror right now picturing himself in blue; as a bit of a fantasy (of course) before he heads down the Tulla; back out to the airport telling everybody how much he loves them.

The media beat up is laughable.

Seems like whether its Oliver or Merrett our pick 7 will look to be split with Geelong for their 15&16.

Then one of those picks along with our 1st next year for Oliver/Merrett with a 2nd coming back?
Then the other pick this year potentially for Saad.

Although i dont know how we would afford Williams, Oliver/Merrett, Saad. Yes we have cap space but we dont want to have pressure in future trying to hold onto our young guns.

Oliver/Merrett the priority for me over Saad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 7 is in play for a potential Saad trade, but that pick would not be going to the Bombers. Media only getting fed half stories. Still think he’s less than 50% chance to leave.
Guessing that percentage is coming from the club rather than your opinion.

Always found attributing percentages to a decision a bit odd though. Until a decision is made it's all arbitrary - Shiel and Cogs recent examples of that.

Seems like whether its Oliver or Merrett our pick 7 will look to be split with Geelong for their 15&16.

Then one of those picks along with our 1st next year for Oliver/Merrett with a 2nd coming back?
Then the other pick this year potentially for Saad.

Although i dont know how we would afford Williams, Oliver/Merrett, Saad. Yes we have cap space but we dont want to have pressure in future trying to hold onto our young guns.

Oliver/Merrett the priority for me over Saad.
Simmo, Kreuz gone, Murph, Eddie, Ed, Levi soon, we're clearly heavily front loading deals at the moment (as opposed to back-ending like GWS did). We'll be fine.

This is a really good year to trade out of the top 10 of the draft, and to try and stockpile picks in the 20s and 30s or pick up established players.

That said, I don't want Saad, particularly not on a 5-year deal. He's fine, but ultimately best running the ball out of the backline, and honestly thats football from a decade ago. In 2020 you don't want you half-backs running and kicking (poorly). You want the ball moving more quickly forward by foot, and players who put forward pressure/intercept to create the turnovers that lead to goals. Tying up a large chunk of salary cap on a guy like Saad also comes with a cost down the track.

I'd honestly rather we keep the money and the picks, reshuffle the decks a little at home to get better kicking/delivery in defence, and use the money on something else in the future.

Ok, cool your jets..

There are players from teams in the finals that have been plastered over the media, Graham and Wines as an example.

Which players from finals teams could we possibly be after with a realistic chance to grab them?

I just would've thought since GWS and * are out of the finals picture they'd be most likely who we'd be having discussions with...

All I'm saying is that trying to make a definitive call on who our number one priority is based on level of media chatter, particularly this far out from the trade period actually opening, is only going to give you a headache.

The media don't know much, at this stage, and will latch on to whichever narrative is going to generate traffic to see them through to finals starting. Bidding war between Carlton and Essendon, toss in a bit of Bachar Houli at Richmond and the lingering smell of North Melbourne. That'll do the job.

If we have a bigger name than Saad on the go, we're sure as hell not making that known publicly.

The good old "I'm told" - close relative of "I've heard" and "It's been suggested".

These "journos" are hacks.
That would be a rather odd thing to run with without some form of validity, especially if it were easily refutable.

Bombers have upped their offer so I'm not surprised we may be adding incentives. Potentially another 50k+ tax free which while not huge, is also not insignificant.

This is a really good year to trade out of the top 10 of the draft, and to try and stockpile picks in the 20s and 30s or pick up established players.

That said, I don't want Saad, particularly not on a 5-year deal. He's fine, but ultimately best running the ball out of the backline, and honestly thats football from a decade ago. In 2020 you don't want you half-backs running and kicking (poorly). You want the ball moving more quickly forward by foot, and players who put forward pressure/intercept to create the turnovers that lead to goals. Tying up a large chunk of salary cap on a guy like Saad also comes with a cost down the track.

I'd honestly rather we keep the money and the picks, reshuffle the decks a little at home to get better kicking/delivery in defence, and use the money on something else in the future.
He's also just a very good small defender. Our rebound from d50 sucks too, from all reports it's Cripps and Doc who are pushing for Saad so there must be some serious appreciation of his skills. Essendon's game plan makes some really talented players look like fools, and Adam has been a standout despite all of that.

Reshuffle the decks? We tried Polson, Stocker, Cuningham down back - our development isn't up to it. We have used 95% of the cap for close to five years now, time to go and get some serious best 22 talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back