Bluemour Melting Pot XXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty sure that at least half the clubs in the league have car sponsorships where players are required to drive the sponsors cars. Probably getting Simmo's Hyundi
Simmo's Hyundai has no rear camera and constantly backs into packs. Alignment is off too, steers too far left. Mileage is great though...

That would be a rather odd thing to run with without some form of validity, especially if it were easily refutable.

Bombers have upped their offer so I'm not surprised we may be adding incentives. Potentially another 50k+ tax free which while not huge, is also not insignificant.

How many AFL players do you reckon are driving around in cars provided by, in full or in part, by sponsors?

I wouldn't be surprised if it is part of our offer. But I wouldn't be surprised if, given Hyundai is a major club sponsor, the same offer is on the table for many of our players should they wish to take it up.

He's also just a very good small defender. Our rebound from d50 sucks too, from all reports it's Cripps and Doc who are pushing for Saad so there must be some serious appreciation of his skills. Essendon's game plan makes some really talented players look like fools, and Adam has been a standout despite all of that.
Yeh people focusing on his run but his defensive efforts are really good and something we lack. Reckon we'd see a lot more of Plows better games with him in the side as well.

He's also just a very good small defender. Our rebound from d50 sucks too, from all reports it's Cripps and Doc who are pushing for Saad so there must be some serious appreciation of his skills. Essendon's game plan makes some really talented players look like fools, and Adam has been a standout despite all of that.

Reshuffle the decks? We tried Polson, Stocker, Cuningham down back - our development isn't up to it. We have used 95% of the cap for close to five years now, time to go and get some serious best 22 talent.

Spot on. Those not rating Saad probably haven't watched much of him...

He's good at actually defending...his speed and agility makes it hard for opposition small forwards to get away from him.

Then offensively, he could provide the overlap run and speed our defence has been missing which will improve our ball movement and transition. There were times this year we were very stagnant and couldn't move the ball...we'll need more than Saad to fix that but he'll help. I can already picture him getting a handball receive off half back, taking off and kicking it to runners on the wing or long to someone like McKay.

How many AFL players do you reckon are driving around in cars provided by, in full or in part, by sponsors?

I wouldn't be surprised if it is part of our offer. But I wouldn't be surprised if, given Hyundai is a major club sponsor, the same offer is on the table for many of our players should they wish to take it up.
Fair enough, had no idea it was common.

Off all the top midfielders in the league why would we want Oliver? The only reason we would want him is if Cripps is leaving and we have a terrible kicking dickheads welcome policy.

No thanks, let * have him

I just don't have the love for Taranto many people seem to
Good player and all, but not the type we really need.

Given a choice I'd take Merrett or McCluggage over him, for us..........by plenty.
I also prefer Williams to him and no way would I care to see two high firsts leave for Taranto

Happy with the course we seem to be taking and it's OK to be asking questions......if that's all we're doing.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/10...e-on-smith-breust-silvagni-higgins-broad-and/

Jack Silvagni

Sam says: “It’s my understanding he’s a required player at the Blues.

“He wasn’t part of that initial round of delisting which they made, I haven’t heard anything in regards to Jack Silvgani not being a required player at this point.

Not part of the initial round of delistings?

Given he's contracted through to the end of next season, I'm shocked to be sitting here...

Lazy journalism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reshuffle the decks? We tried Polson, Stocker, Cuningham down back - our development isn't up to it. We have used 95% of the cap for close to five years now, time to go and get some serious best 22 talent.

Yep, and there’s a reason why you don’t let the players recruit or manage the salary cap. Of course they want the flashy 26 year old, but on a 5 year deal on big money for a bloke who is a back pocket? Nope

If we want to rebound from D50 we need better kicking skills back there and players up the ground who run hard when not in possession of the ball. Unfortunately our recruiting has basically ignored kicking skills for 5 years but there’s still some options.

I’d move McGovern to defence as a third tall and as the obvious solution to a key forward who can mark and kick but struggles to get involved in the game (his brother is the best key defender in the league and he has a cannon foot too).

I think that improves our structure quite a bit too a it starts to look more like Geelong who play:

Stewart = Plowman
Henderson = Weitering
Taylor = McGovern
Blicavs = Jones
Kolodjashnij = Docherty/Williamson
Bews/Atkins/Henry = ???

That ???? could be Saad but if so represents a massive over investment in the back half. Imo in 2020 if the ball is in your back half you are doing it wrong - and even if so, you want to thump it out of there ASAP, chase it down and force contests up the ground. The funny thing is Essendon have suffered from this as much as anyone in the last few years - trying to build a 2012 backline around Hooker/Hurley with Saad/McKenna running and McGrath/Merrett there as well at times and it’s been an absolute recipe for mediocrity. It made both Saad and McKenna look great and also highlighted their flaws imo

There’s other options to slot into that last role but we don’t need a superstar to be the Bews equivalent. Maybe Gibbons or Ed Curnow go there? Possibly also Fisher if you want a bit of speed?

WA Bluebagger here, I never post as I am not an ITK but I am sick of reading about Crippa leaving. My son in law played state 18s with Crippa and they still catch up for a drink when he comes back to Perth every now and then. Crippa was a boarder at Aquinas when he went to high school so homesick isn't a factor. I asked my son in law if Crippa would ever come back to Perth to play and he said that "Crippa loves Melbourne too much and loves living there"
That is all.
Goodnight

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty reasonable first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back