Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do I get the feeling Carlolton supporters are salty because they think Dodo cost them Papley?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I’d say super salty...well done Adrian.

Adrian for SOS? No thanks.
why not, he built a great list at GWS ... not his fault its a soulless club. CFCs list/foundation was built from a starting point so dire it is remarkable where it is now. The fact that we have a huge war chest to go out and get the pieces we need this year ... Saad/Williams and possibly another A grade mid is testament to his excellent planning and list management.

I suppose the proof will be in the pudding over the next couple of years. But it seems to be a very good springboard for a push to #17

Compare that to the 20 years of Dorodo and his lists not even winning a final.

I think you could do a lot worse.

Either which way we will get bent over on this deal.

Surely Dodo won't match....
could get on the front foot and write the compensation off.
De Goey/Cameron/Crouch. one, two or all of them.
Turn around to brissy and say compensation is gonna be zero, what ya got in a trade option?

Even if they dig in say nothing, we've used his spare contract $$ to lure some talent in.
If Witherden is legit keen on us, there's the trade we offer up. You want one of ours, one of yours wants us. should be simple.

I don’t know why Carlton supporters think they’re so close to their next flag, they lost to Adelaide two games ago when they still had a chance to play finals, capitulated against Hawks, beat us who are rubbish by a point, beat Freo after the siren. I just don’t get it.

I don’t know why Carlton supporters think they’re so close to their next flag, they lost to Adelaide two games ago when they still had a chance to play finals, capitulated against Hawks, beat us who are rubbish by a point, beat Freo after the siren. I just don’t get it.

It's their cycle. Happens every few years. You know they're coming. Then they have a s**t year, get the wobbles, sack their coach, and start again. Happened when Judd arrived, then Malthouse, then Bolton, now Teague.

Teague out for Ross Lyon at some stage next year is a lay down misere.

Funnily enough Ratten - a 'favourite son' - was the best coach they've had by a mile, he had them a kick from a prelim, and they couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Can we do without flogs from other clubs telling us how much better their recruiting is than ours?
Stay strong. Lockdown in Victoria will hopefully be over soon and all the dirty non-essentials will have to back to work.

why not, he built a great list at GWS ... not his fault its a soulless club. CFCs list/foundation was built from a starting point so dire it is remarkable where it is now. The fact that we have a huge war chest to go out and get the pieces we need this year ... Saad/Williams and possibly another A grade mid is testament to his excellent planning and list management.

I suppose the proof will be in the pudding over the next couple of years. But it seems to be a very good springboard for a push to #17

Do you think you're on the draft board or something?

Fair warning - If I have to read one more post from you like this around here you'll cop points.

That goes for any other opposition lurkers thinking of chiming in like this too.

you do realise SOS had an absolute armory of first picks over multiple years at GWS right? He literally had first pick access to the best kids in the country for like 3 years.

The only team SOS had a fair crack at was Carlton, and no offence but you still suck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they have a player they can salary dump to us? Adams? I'd take on his salary if they upped the offer to band 1.
That’s actually a good idea. What about witherden?

i think Noble has come and said Witherden isn't up for trade.
could be posturing though (along with the "we won't trade for Daniher" remark).

Daniher -> Witherden could be a clean, bloodless trade.
Surely we’d ask for more than just witherden? Witherden and one of their 1st rounders perhaps?

Surely we’d ask for more than just witherden? Witherden and one of their 1st rounders perhaps?
we don't hold the cards here.
I'd ask for witherden and be prepared to be knocked back
Then ask for 18 and be prepared to be knocked back.

they can walk him to the PSD and if it comes to a trade, it could get interesting.

Still holding out to see what the AFL do. Every chance with list changes, the Band 1 comp softens and drops. they're current offer, his standing with us, etc may be enough to nab us pick 7.
Not like the AFL don't have precedent to mess up a draft for a club (see GCS last year)

we don't hold the cards here.
I'd ask for witherden and be prepared to be knocked back
Then ask for 18 and be prepared to be knocked back.

they can walk him to the PSD and if it comes to a trade, it could get interesting.

Still holding out to see what the AFL do. Every chance with list changes, the Band 1 comp softens and drops. they're current offer, his standing with us, etc may be enough to nab us pick 7.
Not like the AFL don't have precedent to mess up a draft for a club (see GCS last year)
Well we kind of do.

We can match an offer and Joe can find a new suitor. Brisbane know the rules. If they put up an offer we can match it. And then, if they really want Joe, they can give something back of value. IE not just a bloke that can’t get a game.

What talk? Any sources to this?

Also, our club has stated that we won't trade for him. I don't know why anyone in here would believe in the contrary. Either take the band 2 pick, or lose him in the draft. We're already a top 4 club, and we don't need him as much as you think we do.

This can get done at warp speed or it can become the farce of trade period once again and Joe will once again question whether the club really want him.

Brisbane are really smart, have been for a while, I think club brass will realise it’s in literally everyone’s best interest if the offer is enough to trigger band 1 and we all walk away happy by 11am on the first morning of free agency, don’t you?

Well we kind of do.

We can match an offer and Joe can find a new suitor. Brisbane know the rules. If they put up an offer we can match it. And then, if they really want Joe, they can give something back of value. IE not just a bloke that can’t get a game.
Daniher has to agree to said suitor though.
we're in a bit of precarious position on this one.

It’s pretty bloody simple I reckon. We’ll get band 1 compo, or if we don’t, we’ll match and Brisbane will trade something a bit better than band 2 compo (without giving away the farm) for him.
Ideally yes. that would be a good outcome, and avoids distractions come trade week.

It’s pretty bloody simple I reckon. We’ll get band 1 compo, or if we don’t, we’ll match and Brisbane will trade something a bit better than band 2 compo (without giving away the farm) for him.
If we match the bid, wouldn't a contract need to be negotiated with Essendon (unlikely) to stay at Essendon.

If a contract can't be negotiated, he would still be a chance for the PSD.

If we match the bid, wouldn't a contract need to be negotiated with Essendon (unlikely) to stay at Essendon.

If a contract can't be negotiated, he would still be a chance for the PSD.
way i understand it

Brisbane table offer. Once Daniher accepts, we have right to match.
If we do, it's time to trade.
That said, Daniher doesn't have to sign our contract.
And if he doesn't he's off the PSD.

Is Daniher (and his manager) that much of a campaigner that he will likely threaten PSD or the like to the team that has supported him through all his s**t, still wants him here and has offered him a great deal moving forward? I get that he wants to leave, but it's not like we've treated him badly... would be a dog move on his part..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back