Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

What talk? Any sources to this?

Also, our club has stated that we won't trade for him. I don't know why anyone in here would believe in the contrary. Either take the band 2 pick, or lose him in the draft. We're already a top 4 club, and we don't need him as much as you think we do.
Don’t think your club has stated that at all, it was someone speculating. Rest of your post comes across as very arrogant ...or childish

They should have no problem throwing him in as steak knives then. A late 1st and a couple of fringe/unwanted players should be peanuts to a challenging team looking to add Joe
I think they should chase Jack Payne. Young, big bodied backman who is struggling to get a game behind Macpherson and Andrews but played really well when he got his chance. With Hurley and Hooker in the back end of their careers and Brisbane unlikely to bring him in over their current players he would be a good get.

What talk? Any sources to this?

Also, our club has stated that we won't trade for him. I don't know why anyone in here would believe in the contrary. Either take the band 2 pick, or lose him in the draft. We're already a top 4 club, and we don't need him as much as you think we do.

Your club didn’t state that, HS did. However, as other posters have suggested, it would be posturing via the media.

That being said, my suggestion met both clubs “reported” requirements.

ITK posters on Blitz have said at this stage m, Witherden looks likely to want to come to Essendon. He’s not getting game time at the Lions.

My suggestion was a handshake agreement between Essendon and Brisbane. Essendon agree not to match the Lions offer and get a late first round pick as compensation. Lions also then send Witherden to us.

Cost Brisbane nothing except a fringe player that isn’t getting a game 🤷🏻‍♀️

Your club didn’t state that, HS did. However, as other posters have suggested, it would be posturing via the media.

That being said, my suggestion met both clubs “reported” requirements.

ITK posters on Blitz have said at this stage m, Witherden looks likely to want to come to Essendon. He’s not getting game time at the Lions.

My suggestion was a handshake agreement between Essendon and Brisbane. Essendon agree not to match the Lions offer and get a late first round pick as compensation. Lions also then send Witherden to us.

Cost Brisbane nothing except a fringe player that isn’t getting a game 🤷🏻‍♀️

I have absolutely no idea the truth of Witherden wanting out or not, but to me that seems the most sensible outcome. Mind you, I'm also one who is meh on witherden and would be happy for him to be traded so I have no idea what the Lions think of him.

Brisbane posters previously said that Ely was a bust.

Some have said that, though none of those are what I would call reliable posters. He didn't stand out last year in the NEAFL, but I think he has been seen as a project and inside mid is a well stocked area for us and we have had basically no injuries the last 2 years. I'd say he could be gettable but who knows.

I think they should chase Jack Payne. Young, big bodied backman who is struggling to get a game behind Macpherson and Andrews but played really well when he got his chance. With Hurley and Hooker in the back end of their careers and Brisbane unlikely to bring him in over their current players he would be a good get.

Can't see Payne going anywhere - I'm quite confident that we will want him to play significant senior football next year and he's conracted to. He filled in pretty well in Harris Andrews missed the last few games of the year. We are currently playing Ryan Lester as our third tall so there is a spot there to grab.

Not sure who MacPherson is?

I am seriously torn about accepting band 2 compensation if it comes to that.

If it is, the pick (likely pick 19) WILL essentially be pushed back up to 5 spots.

Brad Crouch (band 2 compensation)
Reef McInness (Collingwood father son bid)
Jamara Ugle Hagle (Dogs Next Generation)
Alex Davies (Gold Coast NGA)
Braedan Campbell (Swans NGA)
Lachlan Jones (West Coast NGA)
Joel Jeffrey (Gold Coast NGA)

That is 7 players that could ALL seriously be bid on before that compensation pick comes in.

So instead of pick 19 it may very well blow out to pick 26. Yeah, it's the x most available kid etc etc etc. But come on, for Joe? May as well match and lock in the first of the Lions two late first picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it is, the pick (likely pick 19) WILL essentially be pushed back up to 5 spots.

That is 7 players that could ALL seriously be bid on before that compensation pick comes in.

So instead of pick 19 it may very well blow out to pick 26. Yeah, it's the x most available kid etc etc etc. But come on, for Joe? May as well match and lock in the first of the Lions two late first picks
Isn't Reef NGA?

Also Davies will be pre-listed ala Budarick last year
Jones is Port Adelaide NGA, not West Coast
Doubt Jeffrey gets bid on in the first round

Isn't Reef NGA?

Also Davies will be pre-listed ala Budarick last year
Jones is Port Adelaide NGA, not West Coast
Doubt Jeffrey gets bid on in the first round
Correct on all

apologies.. It's 11:02 and Im waiting to feed bubs her last bottle for the night and had a quick, quick look at a phantom draft to back up the argument. Assumed (plus knew about Jeffrey) they would be bid on inside the top 20 - 25.

Aren’t all these players simply the subject of bids? How does that move the draft order back?

Compo I get, that’s an extra pick awarded to a club.

Aren’t all these players simply the subject of bids? How does that move the draft order back?

Compo I get, that’s an extra pick awarded to a club.
And it won't be pick 19 anyway, there's already a priority pick in the first round (Gold Coast's, which is held by Geelong) so the pick directly after the premier's first rounder is 20. Add another for Crouch and it would be the 21st live pick in the draft order, assuming none of the picks above ours are used to match bids (which would make ours move back up the order a bit).

Adrian digging his heels in and not trading Joe last year could really come back to bite you this year.

I cannot see Brisbane trading for Joe, they just don’t need him enough and really after another year mostly on the sidelines as a club what would you really want to pay? I would take him on a free hit but that’s about it, if I was Brisbane. Don’t get me wrong Joe is an amazing talent but his body has let him down for three years.

So what happens if Adrian matches because best your club will get is band 2 compo?

As soon as Adrian matches (if he does) Sydney will make a call to Joes manager.

If Adrian matches and Brissy tells him not interested .... Joe will have no choice but to walk to the PSD and into Sydney’s loving arms.

Difficult trade period for old mate Dorodo this trade period .... trying to get maximum value for an OOC half back and a superstar forward who cannot get on the park, wants out and is a RFA.

Especially at a time your club needs good picks to try and rebuild like Brissy a few years back.

What I just don’t get is why he didn’t take the deal last year for Joe? I have read on here pick 9 was never part of the deal but it was ... if the trade was agreed Papley was going to CFC for 9. So reality is Adrian refused pick 9 last year and what is now pick 3 this year. All for a player who made no valuable contribution this year, is leaving and at best you will get end of round 1 compo ... and a good chance nothing if Adrian matches.

In comparison SOS knocked back Adelaide who wouldnt budge for Gibbs, who had a blinder of a year the year Adelaide lost the GF to Richmond and may well of won with a Gibbs and then ended up getting what h3 wanted the next year.

Now that’s trading, maybe you guys should be looking at replacing Adrian with SOS .... god knows he knows how to get maximum value for assets and how to build a list.

Adrian digging his heels in and not trading Joe last year could really come back to bite you this year.

I cannot see Brisbane trading for Joe, they just don’t need him enough and really after another year mostly on the sidelines as a club what would you really want to pay? I would take him on a free hit but that’s about it, if I was Brisbane. Don’t get me wrong Joe is an amazing talent but his body has let him down for three years.

So what happens if Adrian matches because best your club will get is band 2 compo?

If Adrian matches and Brissy tells him not interested .... Joe will have no choice but to walk to the PSD and into Sydney’s loving arms.

Difficult trade period for old mate Dorodo this trade period .... trying to get maximum value for an OOC half back and a superstar forward who cannot get on the park, wants out and is a RFA.

Especially at a time your club needs good picks to try and rebuild like Brissy a few years back.

What I just don’t get is why he didn’t take the deal last year for Joe? I have read on here pick 9 was never part of the deal but it was ... if the trade was agreed Papley was going to CFC for 9. So reality is Adrian refused pick 9 last year and what is now pick 3 this year. All for a player who made no valuable contribution this year, is leaving and at best you will get end of round 1 compo ... and a good chance nothing if Adrian matches.

In comparison SOS knocked back Adelaide who wouldnt budge for Gibbs, who had a blinder of a year the year Adelaide lost the GF to Richmond and may well of won with a Gibbs and then ended up getting what h3 wanted the next year.

Now that’s trading, maybe you guys should be looking at replacing Adrian with SOS .... god knows he knows how to get maximum value for assets and how to build a list.
Adrian for SOS? No thanks.

Oh ok. Thanks.

Why do I get the feeling Carlolton supporters are salty because they think Dodo cost them Papley?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mm good points. Hadn’t thought about any of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back