Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

CFC needs to change the media narrative from the Saad deal to the Daniher deal.

Get the focus on the fact that Dodo could have (and should have) traded Joe D. last year for 2 first round picks.

Now, he'll be lucky to get 1 first rounder. Huge fail and cost to EFC.

Get that narrative running in the media and Dodo/EFC will be desperate to get a deal done in quick order on Saad.

Matthew Lloyd thinks TDK is a good place to start because “what, he’s played 15 games?”. And Ross thinks * should stand their ground and be strong. It was at that point he should have been reminded that * stood strong last year And ended up losing two 1st round picks for a bloke who had played 7 games in 2018, 4 games in 2019 and has played 4 games in 2020. Caro is absolutely correct,sometimes they just have to get deals done and not waste everyone’s time.

I would be disgusted if Carlton entertained trading TDK. Good thing is the trade demand is not even worth the paper it is written on.

Carlton would be more likely to trade Walsh than TDK

Sam Edmund makes a good point (or tried to before Lyon trampled on him).

Dodoro is always sitting at AFL house until the last day trying to make a deal.

They could have got 5 and 9 for Daniher, now look what they'll get.

You keep being unreasonable and clubs won't want to deal with you, players will think twice before nominating your club as they aren't confident a deal can be done. And clubs might start walking your players to the preseason draft.

The tough guy act hadn't worked for 6000 days

If Wines or Oliver were any real chance, think barass70 would have dropped a hint by now unfortunately.

Pretty sure B70 did say Wines very likely to leave Port at the end of this year - but that could be out of date now if Wines has changed his mind or if Hinkley now wants Wines to stick around

I’m OK with B70 waiting until the end to tell us because I would much rather the Club surprises all other clubs with a great deal

Also it’s possible we have several options and B70 genuinely doesn’t know which way things will fall. Maybe Kelly hasn’t said no fully yet and maybe we are waiting for a response from Wines before we commit to Oliver or maybe the Demons are waiting for Wines before they let Oliver go. We won’t know for a few weeks I imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s also possible that a producer told him to perk up and be a bit more controversial. His content is typically really balanced but could be seen as low hitting and lethargic. They would try and get those likes and views up. Unfortunately, saying dum stuff gets that to happen.

I think you know how it works.
More 'pazazz'.....less integrity.

I'm stoked everyone else here rates TDK as highly as I do - he's a superb athlete, I love what he brings.

You get to hear of what the club thinks about certain players.
TDK is very highly rated by the club. He was since very early on.

Pretty sure B70 did say Wines very likely to leave Port at the end of this year - but that could be out of date now if Wines has changed his mind or if Hinkley now wants Wines to stick around

I’m OK with B70 waiting until the end to tell us because I would much rather the Club surprises all other clubs with a great deal

Also it’s possible we have several options and B70 genuinely doesn’t know which way things will fall. Maybe Kelly hasn’t said no fully yet and maybe we are waiting for a response from Wines before we commit to Oliver or maybe the Demons are waiting for Wines before they let Oliver go. We won’t know for a few weeks I imagine.

It's still too early to put forward anything definitive.
Talking to players does not equal getting players, nor the ability to get them.

Always worth a try though and always good to plant the seeds early, though.

What did Carlton do to Ross Lyon, the hate from this man is incredible.

He's in business with SOS.

Also angling for the * job when Rutten fails.

Ross Lyon being a raging success coaching * is about as likely as going one week without seeing a click bait Catherine Bell article.

Here's what Austin needs to do.

Shoot a message to all the players and ask them "No judgement or repercussions - would you entertain the idea of being traded to Essendon?".

Wait 10mins for all the "**** off!", "Hell no!" and "Very funny, Nick" replies to come back,

Call Dodoro and tell him that there is no point in him asking for any player, as they have all categorically stated that they will not accept a deal with Essendon. Nothing to do with how much Carlton wants to give up, everything to do with players needing to agree to a trade.

On the off chance someone says they would (I'm looking at you, Matt Kennedy....), then we provide Dodo with that (very) short list of names and tell him that nobody else is on the table.

Also suggest to Dodo that we will happily secure a pick in the teens, early in the trade period, and pass that over for Saad, and that doing so will afford him more time to scour the league for players who are willing to join them.

There are lot of kids in this draft who are ready made, and others who could become match winners.

Saad is not a match winner, IMO.

Always pumping up the kids Jimmae.

You know for a fact there's lots of ready made and match winning kids in this draft despite the fact the best VIC kids barely played? Even in normal drafts you could make a sweeping statement like that and most kids each draft won't make it at AFL level...

I remember Will Brodie being talked up as a possible no.1 pick and a ready made, big bodied player who would have an immediate impact...didn't quite work out that way did it.

Here's what Austin needs to do.

Shoot a message to all the players and ask them "No judgement or repercussions - would you entertain the idea of being traded to Essendon?".

Wait 10mins for all the "fu** off!", "Hell no!" and "Very funny, Nick" replies to come back,

Call Dodoro and tell him that there is no point in him asking for any player, as they have all categorically stated that they will not accept a deal with Essendon. Nothing to do with how much Carlton wants to give up, everything to do with players needing to agree to a trade.

On the off chance someone says they would (I'm looking at you, Matt Kennedy....), then we provide Dodo with that (very) short list of names and tell him that nobody else is on the table.

Also suggest to Dodo that we will happily secure a pick in the teens, early in the trade period, and pass that over for Saad, and that doing so will afford him more time to scour the league for players who are willing to join them.

"Hi Adrian, so these are our list of players available for trade: Kennedy, Polson, Macreadie, Betts, Moore, Owies & Phillips."

"Aren't they just your out of contract players?"

"Yep, just like Adam. Thanks, bye"

probably just playing bad cop, might be his role. It is a tv show , they have roles.

someone that used to work at North said the AFL May be looking at Lyon to coach North .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back