Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Hopper is a gem. His development has been very good, he just goes under the radar because of all the other 'big names' in the GWS midfield.

Thinking about it, he'd be as good as bringing in Wines, Crouch, Viney etc. Younger, but essentially a like-for-like player and very consistent. About to enter his prime too.

His acquisition would be as good if not better than attempting a hail Mary with Oliver.

Hopper is a gem. His development has been very good, he just goes under the radar because of all the other 'big names' in the GWS midfield.

Thinking about it, he'd be as good as bringing in Wines, Crouch, Viney etc. Younger, but essentially a like-for-like player and very consistent. About to enter his prime too.

His acquisition would be as good if not better than attempting a hail Mary with Oliver.
He'd be amazing but the Giants are very close to having a thin midfield if they lose another one. Ward is less durable and older now, De Boer older, question marks around Cogs and Whitfield playing HBF with the loss of Williams and Shaw.

Talk in the Melbourne board about us giving... get this... McKay AND 2 firsts for Oliver... then they can put those 2 firsts to use in a trade for Whitefield...

Just as delusional as Dodo...
Why wouldn’t we just offer Whitfield the big dollars for two firsts and just keep McKay?

Dees can then deal with Oliver

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 + Million for one year, guaranteed with no performance metrics at all.

Can you name your price in the National Draft or only in the PSD? Would prefer to do it in the main draft and take him where he’s worth which is pick 27, clubs aren’t just giving up the last list spot then but potential future stars at mid second round

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

OOC players can enter the national draft (EFA); it has to be the psd where picks cannot be traded; so whoever finished below us can meet the terms set out by Saad and his team. But as we found out last year with Melbourne; Clubs would not spend that sort of coin on a player that did not want to be there. It would also piss off most of the playing group and definitely get under the supporters skin; wasting a fair pick and a nice chunk out of their cap to boot. After all of the posturing; Dodo and his cronies will take whatever we offer them (late first/early second for mine) if they do not want to further damage their clubs reputation.

Last edited:
He'd be amazing but the Giants are very close to having a thin midfield if they lose another one. Ward is less durable and older now, De Boer older, question marks around Cogs and Whitfield playing HBF with the loss of Williams and Shaw.
Would be happy to offer Ward 2 years to give Stocker, Dow, Kemp etc the time needed to be AFL hardened. Might only play 12-15 games a year if they come on quicker than hoped, worth it so we aren’t too thin in the middle. Guy is professional and used to setting standards for younger players. GWS so much less flaky when he plays.

Good on Caro for saying that.
But also agree with Ross Lyon. As poor as Dodo is, there is no need for him to do the deal early in trade week.
I just hope he has a deal lined up which requires our pick to get done. Eg DeGoey or similar.

And we wait till the last second make sure ours is the last deal to be done so he can't do his other deal.

I don't care what pick we give em as long as we get the players we want.

Just * his s**t up.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Listening to SEN before and the comment by Sam Edmund was that DODO was making rediculous demands from Brisbane for Daniher akin to the demands to Carlton for Saad.
Amateur hour. Entering the trade negotiation without any goodwill will not get get him what he wants.

OOC players cannot enter the national draft; it has to be the psd where picks cannot be traded; so whoever finished below us can meet the terms set out by Saad and his team. But as we found out last year with Melbourne; Clubs would not spend that sort of coin on a player that did not want to be there. It would also piss off most of the playing group and definitely get under the supporters skin; wasting a fair pick and a nice chunk out of their cap to boot. After all of the posturing; Dodo and his cronies will take whatever we offer them (late first/early second for mine) if they do not want to further damage their clubs reputation.

Wrong.
See Luke Ball

I just hope he has a deal lined up which requires our pick to get done. Eg DeGoey or similar.

And we wait till the last second make sure ours is the last deal to be done so he can't do his other deal.

I don't care what pick we give em as long as we get the players we want.

Just fu** his sh*t up.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Problem is, he wouldn’t see the irony or understand the message. Not worth risking our reputation when he will do the enough damage without our help.

Guy is a tosser, you don’t stoop to his level, creates mistrust

Maybe they'd see him being the difference between retaining Kelly and Taranto? They've also got Tom Green who'll play a full season next year and probably Caldwell too. As long as they've still got the biggest pieces in place they'd be OK with moving on a couple of supplimentary mids, like Hopper.

I haven't caught up to the latest page so dunno if it's been mentioned yet but new account started today (take with large grain of salt) on the Scandals and Rumours board reckons Blues have offered Yeo $900k a year over 5. Not Bluemour worthy but I'm sure a few will want to discuss it anyway.

I haven't caught up to the latest page so dunno if it's been mentioned yet but new account started today (take with large grain of salt) on the Scandals and Rumours board reckons Blues have offered Yeo $900k a year over 5. Not Bluemour worthy but I'm sure a few will want to discuss it anyway.

Exactly!

I guess now that Kreuz has retired, get Oliver and give him No. 8

Continue the tradition of ranga's wearing that number.

View attachment 985723

*Okay, its not much of a tradition, Lance is the only one.
(oh wait, Scott Spalding is a Ranga, wore No. 8 in his only match for the Blues)
Trevor Keogh also....

They need to do the important things first.
Moving a bit of turf from one state to another was at the top of the list.
Waiting for the commentary team to clumsily try not to refer to the replaced patch of grass as the G spot yet still make the “joke”.

You just know it’s going to happen, don’t you BT?

Dont see it, a guy who is from WA, and west coast probably has the $$ to pay that.

On the off chance, he's a great type to support Cripps. Gives us that hard edge we lack. Good for another 5 years of footy at least.
Perhaps wants to a pay day before he retires?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back