Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

If we front ended Saads contract to 900k and his terms were a year...Would anybody seriously match that in a psd for a player who has nominated someone else?

1 + Million for one year, guaranteed with no performance metrics at all.

Can you name your price in the National Draft or only in the PSD? Would prefer to do it in the main draft and take him where he’s worth which is pick 27, clubs aren’t just giving up the last list spot then but potential future stars at mid second round

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

CFC needs to change the media narrative from the Saad deal to the Daniher deal.

Get the focus on the fact that Dodo could have (and should have) traded Joe D. last year for 2 first round picks.

Now, he'll be lucky to get 1 first rounder. Huge fail and cost to EFC.

Get that narrative running in the media and Dodo/EFC will be desperate to get a deal done in quick order on Saad.

True, he could double down and try regain losses though!

But I agree it’s strange there’s not much focus on the Daniher F up.

Remember when we traded firsts with the crows. Everyone went bonkers

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dunkley is a very serious player. He’d be great. I suspect we all need to lower our expectations.

I would be a bit disappointed, though, if our big splash is Williams and Saad and no bonafide mid. I like both those guys as options, but feel we’re really crying out for a second big gun next to Cripps. An addition that pushes everyone else down the pecking order and makes them “better” by comparison for the role they need to play.

Eg. We will be a better team when Ed is less of a prime mover. When Murphy is less required to play centre square minutes. When Dow/Kennedy/Stocker/Kemp have to really earn a spot in the rotation.

Sorry for singling you out on this hbf but how is Dunkley not an A Grader?

Bontempelli and McRae are A Graders as they’ve done it consistently over many seasons. Dunkley is not A Grade right now, potential to be but he’s a solid B Grader

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

dodoro is the ultimate attention seeker, the guy who asks how your day has been over a quiet beer at the local and then proceeds to bore the crap out of you about his life.

He really amounts to a "nothing" person and unworthy of comment and company.

Just buy a six pack, go home and avoid for all time.

I hate people like that and he's a classic example

He's had one outstanding season (2019). Good player but not quite A Grade.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
To be fair, that was the one year he didn't get "Bevo'd".

From memory was played predominantly as a forward up until the back half of 2018 when he was put into the middle. His average disposals shot up from around 15 in the first half to nearly 30.

2019 he pretty much played solely as a midfielder and continued that average of around 29.

2020 comes around and old mate Bevo starts moving the magnets around again and decides that Dunkley should be their relief ruckman, often rucking when English is still on the bloody field so that skinny Tim can take his marks out the back of the play and rack up a few disposals without getting beat up by the opposition ruckman.

Dunkley is now almost back to his forward days and averaging about 18. Although, you could argue that it's a great time to 'buy', as his numbers/output are dramatically down, but we know why and turning it around is probably as easy as plonking him into the centre square to do his thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, that was the one year he didn't get "Bevo'd".

From memory was played predominantly as a forward up until the back half of 2018 when he was put into the middle. His average disposals shot up from around 15 in the first half to nearly 30.

2019 he pretty much played solely as a midfielder and continued that average of around 29.

2020 comes around and old mate Bevo starts moving the magnets around again and decides that Dunkley should be their relief ruckman, often rucking when English is still on the bloody field so that skinny Tim can take his marks out the back of the play and rack up a few disposals without getting beat up by the opposition ruckman.

Dunkley is now almost back to his forward days and averaging about 18. Although, you could argue that it's a great time to 'buy', as his numbers/output are dramatically down, but we know why and turning it around is probably as easy as plonking him into the centre square to do his thing.
Yeah that's fair, Bevo has definitely been a form killer. In saying that, I still wouldn't call him an A Grade based on his output. He is an A Grade on potential (apart from 2019), B/B+ on output.

Edit: With Phillips apparently not of interest, I'd be pursuing Oliver > Wines > Dunks.

Interesting watching Mitch Cleary comments. Same as my information. We are interested in 1-2 players, both smaller names than Williams and Saad. I haven’t heard anything about Wines, Oliver, Merrett Etc.
Does your information give you any more than '1-2 players', hurdle? ;)

Let's get the list out again... bloody hard to navigate who is safely considered a 'B grader' or worth that $500-600k. Would have to be a very promising up and comer OR a solid statesman past their prime. So my money is on the former. Guys like Cameron (WCE) surely wouldn't be in this bracket, nor Lonie-types. Not sure I'd be offering any of the below $600k a year, but worth a ping anyway.

My suggestions:
  • Jye Caldwell
  • Jack Higgins
  • Tom Phillips
Who else, team?

Dunkley is a very serious player. He’d be great. I suspect we all need to lower our expectations.

I would be a bit disappointed, though, if our big splash is Williams and Saad and no bonafide mid. I like both those guys as options, but feel we’re really crying out for a second big gun next to Cripps. An addition that pushes everyone else down the pecking order and makes them “better” by comparison for the role they need to play.

Eg. We will be a better team when Ed is less of a prime mover. When Murphy is less required to play centre square minutes. When Dow/Kennedy/Stocker/Kemp have to really earn a spot in the rotation.
You can't force players to come - the club is clearly chasing very hard for that mid - it would be great if they get it but if we end up with just Williams and Saad I would be very confident about finals next year if our best players stay fit. We would simply have to hope that one of Dow, Stocker, Kemp, Philp etc step up to fill that mid void.

Good on Caro for saying that.
But also agree with Ross Lyon. As poor as Dodo is, there is no need for him to do the deal early in trade week.

Depends on whether he wants to fill their list with late draft picks or bring in mature players from other clubs.

The sooner he trades his own players out, the sooner he can start trading in other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back