Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yet another in the Michael Gibbons 'battler come good' series. But here are a couple of quotes that stood out for me...

Getting slightly ahead himself imo

Me likey...

“The carpet layer groins couldn’t hold up there for a couple of weeks. I blame this one on the long season,” Gibbons told Carlton Media.
“My manager messaged me: I’ve played 36 games in two years and that’s something I never would’ve thought I’d get.

I read that as massaged. Thought - Now there's a manager.

SOS on SEN -

1. Being asked the hard question. Enjoyed his time a Carlton and it did get messy at the end.
2. The decision to leave was made for him.
3. The press release was amateur and hurtful. It put two players under the bus.
4. If Liddle used the words he used to me, it would have been OK, but he didn't.
5. Jack is his own person and will decide whether to stay or not.
6. Re. Betts - Decisions as List Management are reliant on you, but all agreed in the end that he should come, but someone 'above' changed those rules.

Oh boy.....SOS not leaving anything behind here, at all. Not a good look for Liddle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's half an hour of making us look like a poor club with more to come :)
Liddle has little choice now, but to counter what SOS had to say. Maybe he just shouldn't.

The whole saga has surfaced again and no one will come through clean.
Emphasises again, just how poor our systems were in regards to individual's responsibilities. No surprise though.

To anyone who had any doubt that SOS is totally in it for himself, tune in to SEN now.

Total hatchet job
Agree to an extent. He's gunning for a media job now. But that doesn't make what he's saying wrong.
The McGovern stuff is spot on, he's been given a free ride all year.

To anyone who had any doubt that SOS is totally in it for himself, tune in to SEN now.

Total hatchet job

SOS said something that really hit home for me:

Something along the lines of "When you've played for the club for 17 years, put your body on the line and supported the club your whole life, to have an outsider come in and tell the president that you'd sabotage the draft and trade period for your club really hurt the most"

Now you tell me why would he lie about that??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back