Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOS said something that really hit home for me:

Something along the lines of "When you've played for the club for 17 years, put your body on the line and supported the club your whole life, to have an outsider come in and tell the president that you'd sabotage the draft and trade period for your club really hurt the most"

Now you tell me why would he lie about that??
The core of that issue is MLG's relationship with SOS

Because he is being honest, rather than delivering politican responses?

He is being 'his' honest though.
There are always...always...two sides to the story.

We should know that a lot came about to get us to that point, where the two could not work with one another.
It's just that friendships didn't allow us to placate the situation.

Liddle suggested SOS would sabotage the draft and trade period!

WTF!

EDIT: According to SOS that is obviously
What a joke, SOS sounded emotional recounting this. He said 17 years playing for the club and barracking for them all his life, to be accused of that by someone who didnt even know him was hurtful

Liddle will have his chance, but I would suggest he won't respond to what has surfaced, instead adding more spice on other matters

How is he to respond though?
What has been said now has been said.

I'm just not sure what the best process is from here on in, for the CFC. Maybe restraint may be the best way to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because eventually, it wasn't just Liddle in his ear

This is true. Liddle was the conduit for the collective...and we all know who that was.
SOS had MLG onside but even the president couldn't save him in the end.

We know this but I guess the whole situation will now be well and truly resurfaced.

Mistakes were made all around and the whole came out looking like amateurs.....SOS included.

Says he loves the club...

But had 12 months to air his grievances, and waits until a time at which we are trying to attract talent to creat acrimony.

You tell me if that is the action of somebody that has the clubs best intentions at heart

Geez you continue to clutch

Says he loves the club...

But had 12 months to air his grievances, and waits until a time at which we are trying to attract talent to creat acrimony.

You tell me if that is the action of somebody that has the clubs best intentions at heart

I wouldn't be too worried about that. Clearly there were issues between SOS and Liddle, and I suspect most of the footy world knew about most of that anyway.

SOS said something that really hit home for me:

Something along the lines of "When you've played for the club for 17 years, put your body on the line and supported the club your whole life, to have an outsider come in and tell the president that you'd sabotage the draft and trade period for your club really hurt the most"

Now you tell me why would he lie about that??

He’s probably not lying, I can see why it would hurt and if he said it happened it probably did, that also doesn’t mean it happened as he said it did.

Out of all this, the person I'm most disappointed with is MLG... How did he ever let it get to this point?

Judd could have done something about it too, but I think he has a different perception of what being a football director means than perhaps the rest of us do

Liddle suggested SOS would sabotage the draft and trade period!

WTF!

EDIT: According to SOS that is obviously

I nearly drove off the road when I heard that.
Would love SEN to get Liddle on to reply to these comments by SOS.

To anyone who had any doubt that SOS is totally in it for himself, tune in to SEN now.

Total hatchet job
I wouldn't be too worried about that. Clearly there were issues between SOS and Liddle, and I suspect most of the footy world knew about most of that anyway.
Interesting he was so upset about the pressure the media release regarding his departure put on his sons..
What does this do for Jack then?

What a fantastic interview. No holding back from SOS. Wonder if we'll receive an email from Mr Liddle today.

The podcast should be available soon for those who missed the interview.

Wowsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back