Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Crippa has agreed to terms, just waiting on who we acquire this year to the proportion payment schedule.
Won't lie, I've had Patty on the phone most of the day..........tells me his heart is blue and ultimately I think we'll get there...........tough day but satisfying.....

what do we think of this?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wouldn't do that if I were Geelong and also not too keen on it for us.
Someone tell me how a 23 year old Saad is worth pick 35 in 2017, yet an older Saad is worth around pick 11.
Yes he may have improved but that much of an upgrade seems like a big stretch.

Daniher is not guaranteed for Band 1, it's based on contract value comparative to the league at their position (and generally, I think?).

If Brisbane isn't throwing around $700k/year or more, he's unlikely to trigger that, and the same is true for Crouch. FWIW, I think both aren't quite worth band 1 under that criteria, depending on how the AFL count incentives.

You'd want a focus on appearances and output instead of base salary for any deal with Daniher.

The problem with the AFL grading system is that it is supposedly based on $$$$ and length but it seems it’s open to the AFLs discretion, if the Crows finished 4th and had pick 15 do you think they would get band 1 for the reported offer? I do, but because they are last, it’s unlikely, I have no idea why the AFL didn’t put band 2 at pick 11 to give themselves more flexibility.

I have never thought JD would get band 1 compo, I would be shocked if Brisbane are offering 4-5 years at $800,000, I doubt $700,000 gets band 1, but if they do give band 1 to * then I don’t know how they don’t give band 1 to the Crows and Giants.

I think we need to call on Hawthorn to return the favour after gifting our Pick 22 for 48, 66 & 70 that helped them get O'Meara.
21 & 41 from Hawthorn....for our 27 & 45
21 to Essendon for Saad
7 & 2021 1st rounder for Oliver
We walk away with:
Oliver, Williams, Saad and 2 picks in ND 41 & 81
Yeah the bloody Hawks still owe us one!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't read any of this, but if it was up to me I'd offer our second for saad, free agent williams keep our first and back our youth. Job done move on. If ess dont accept they can pick saad up in the draft or another team. So be it.
I’d try this years and next years second for Saad (never going to happen) and trade out 7 on the night to the highest bidder. We’d prob be the first ones willing to do it on the night.

Hopefully get a 2021 first and change and go into next year trade period with 3 tradable first rounders. Gives us time to watch and see how the team goes with Williams and Saad. Get a better understanding of what will improve us instead of throwing all our chips in one trade period.

Geelong get f’ed over on that one... Delusiondon get overs for an OOC disgruntled HBF that they’ve just taken a pot shot at on the way out. We do OK but can do better.

Can’t see it though.

Geelong wouldn’t want ESS involved in acquiring #7 - a pick swap with the Blues concludes their involvement and allows them to move on to Cameron. I think they’d want to retain #11 and use that with #7 to snag him.

So it becomes 2 trades:

Cats’ 13 + 18 for Blues’ #7

We end up with #13 & 18. * will want 13. Reckon we ask for the Daniher compo pick (2nd rounder - say 25) to come back or just 18 for Saad.

TLDR: #BigFootyTrades
Agree, #18 for a 26 yo HB, OOC player who doesn’t take coaches feedback too well......is a good deal for Essendon.

Wouldn't do that if I were Geelong and also not too keen on it for us.
Someone tell me how a 23 year old Saad is worth pick 35 in 2017, yet an older Saad is worth around pick 11.
Yes he may have improved but that much of an upgrade seems like a big stretch.

And that pick 35 was a future pick devaluing it even further. Pick 27 is ever so slight unders everyday of the week

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back