Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any interest in Treloar here?

With Murphy likely to retire next year, and Collingwood looking to pay some of his salary, he'd be a good get for mine.

With relationship between club and player a little soured, we could likely get him for cheap (future 1st).

Use Murphy's retirement as a salary dump.

Try and split this year's first round pick into a first this years and next years.

Go for a seriors player, one who is out of contract and fits out needs like a glove. Oliver for example.

Treloar is handy but on the older scale for us and injury prone. Ba patient. Do better.

I was dreading this would happen.

I think this was the reason Dodo has been floating the idea of Pick 7 in the public early to give everyone time to get used to the idea, because now GWS has matched the offer, Geelong will have to use 2 of the picks that they would have otherwise swapped with Us, to Satisfy GWS.

This means we have to find someone else to trade picks with (is there any potential other team with 2 mid first rounders?) or use Pick 7 in a deal. Dodo will be rubbing his hands together.

Hopefully we use it in a deal to get Oliver across and give Dodo nothing.
I think it actually works in our favour. GWS likely to demand a top 10 pick and another first, so that’s where our pick comes into play for the Cats. Don’t forget they have three first rounders, but none of them are top 10.

Dodo can spit the dummy all he wants about not getting our current first rounder. Bottom line is he’ll take a later first for Saad when it is inevitably offered. He’ll just be a massive dickhead about it first.

I think it actually works in our favour. GWS likely to demand a top 10 pick and another first, so that’s where our pick comes into play for the Cats. Don’t forget they have three first rounders, but none of them are top 10.

Dodo can spit the dummy all he wants about not getting our current first rounder. Bottom line is he’ll take a later first for Saad when it is inevitably offered. He’ll just be a massive dickhead about it first.

Yep, agree 100%.

Late first is a fair deal.

We keep talking pick 8, but won’t it be at least pick 9 with Crouch to the Saints and pick 10 with the Ugle-Hagen bid? If so, if we give it up for the Fantasia compensation pick (in the 20s) that seems about right to me.

Sorry if this has already been said... Too many pages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been in Sydney for a bit over 12 months now and have seen quite a bit of the Giants training. Williams ability to get the ball is remarkable but he had a few in front of him with bigger mature bodies. Explosive when he sees a gap and really good in traffic. Saw him do some amazing things against quality opponents (Kelly just to name one). Still amazed he didn’t get more midfield time as I had him way a head of Cogs on form alone and personally on skill...

Going to be a special player.

Martin is the other I rate as a special player, could be anything if he would believe in his ability...
I suspect Williams and Martin might develop into a very good one two punch combo for us with midfield rotations, from what Austin was saying Williams might be rotating specifically with Martin between mid and forward, either way that is 2 hard and classy ball users attacking the forward 50 for us.

Treloar has actually been pretty resilient - missed 6 weeks late in 2018, but was back for all the finals then 4 games start of this year.

Played every game in 2019 so was clearly over the 2018 hammy issues.

2nd in their F & B in 2016, 3rd in 2017, 4th in 2019.

Perhaps could drop a few kg to help his longevity - 182cm, 89kg is 'heavy'.

AT games.JPG

Sorry, I guess I'm not a fan of the vanilla expression, not one I use, but if it must be used it would apply to a lot of players.

Vanilla to me is that he doesn't really have an elite part of his game. He is consistent, but I just don't see him as that matchwinner type mid they need.

All this trading Samo talk is making me nauseated 🤢
He’s easily in our top 12 players at the club! Could turn around and bite us real hard.

Just needs more reps, pre seasons and rotate through the midfield till he’s ready to consistently deliver. Just remember the best ability is availability so he’ll only just keep getting better. Shades of Shane Edwards is this bloke and could easily be AA one day.
He is nowhere top 12!

Kemp will play the same positions as Kouta

Elliot Yeo 2.0

We've done Saad to death, and my Williams fix is wearing off now.
C'mon, I need a new Bluemour real bad man... :weary::fearscream:

Matt Rowell wants to come home to Ikon Park :)

In all honesty, it's nice to have a weekend/couple of days off all the rumours and innuendo before the real stuff starts next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back