Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cats would want a late first, early second for Menegola.

#8, #27 and #45 for Menegola, #15 and #37 works for me. Bombers get #15 for Saad.

We get another B+ midfielder, get Saad and retain next year's 1st rounder in a stronger draft, and enter the draft at #37.

In effect we give up our first rounder, our third rounder and downgrade our second rounder to get Menegola and Saad through the door. I'd do it.

If this is in relation to Williams, we can’t have front loaded his contract. As a RFA his contract has to be the same payment amount for the life of the contract. I suspect we have in fact paid more then originally speculated on here
I believe for RFA you only have to match the total figure over the length of the contract..you can structure the contract however you like

Would like to think that we are past the stage in our rebuild where recruiting C grade depth is a thing.

Depth should now be guys that are on our list that we have drafted. It's a cyclical process, delist players, recruit good ones, others become fringe depth, and so forth.

We tried to get past that point last year but got tripped up for the non-acquisition of Papley.
We know what we want and that's already proven the point to be, for the targets/acquisitions this year.
Consolidate after this years take-ons and fine tune for requirements the next....and we'll be off and away.

Dunstan is pop-gun. We're clearing these types not taking more on.

I believe for RFA you only have to match the total figure over the length of the contract..you can structure the contract however you like
I could be wrong but I don’t believe that to be correct. I’m sure I read this is an advantage to Brisbane for instance if Essendon had matched with Daniher. I could be wrong however. I’ll see if I can find the article

Does anyone know if there's been anymore news on Oliver or any other midfielders that we could be chasing? Been very quiet in here lately and the IDKs all seem to have gone to ground. Hopefully that's a good sign we'll complete a trifecta of new acquisitions.

Nick Austin saying saad and Williams were our main priority and that’s where our focus was. i have conceded we won’t get oliver. I believe he has told us he wants to come but we don’t have the trade capital imo and melbs won’t let him go without replacing him with another quality player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if there's been anymore news on Oliver or any other midfielders that we could be chasing? Been very quiet in here lately and the IDKs all seem to have gone to ground. Hopefully that's a good sign we'll complete a trifecta of new acquisitions.
It has been suspiciously quiet. Feel like this trade period, like most, has a massive move in it that hasn’t yet been spoken about. Seems like the status quo for the high profile types (Oliver, Wines etc.) is to stay dead quiet until there’s at least a chance that the clubs will deal.

If we get anyone from the Saints I hope it’s Brad Hill. Hasn’t really fit in with their style of play. We could exchange some players and help both clubs out.
unnamed-31.gif

Nick Austin saying saad and Williams were our main priority and that’s where our focus was. i have conceded we won’t get oliver. I believe he has told us he wants to come but we don’t have the trade capital imo and melbs won’t let him go without replacing him with another quality player

next year we are a serious shout. Melbourne were never gonna trade him this offseason. Whole different ballgame with an out of contract player

Has played 80 out of a possible 83 games since being drafted.

We get that you don't rate him, but clearly there is nothing borderline about his place in our best side at all.
That would depend on how we recruit. We can't keep on trading-in/drafting the same type of players we were hoping some of our earlier draftees would become whist ignoring our other needs or ignoring pure talent. Dow was the new SPS, Walsh was the new Dow and so on... Walsh is great but is 'perhaps not the midfield bull we need'; it just keeps going on and on... I'd trade one of the former two (as well as O'Brien) before I gave away a first round draft pick, put it that way.

Last edited:
Cats would want a late first, early second for Menegola.

#8, #27 and #45 for Menegola, #15 and #37 works for me. Bombers get #15 for Saad.

We get another B+ midfielder, get Saad and retain next year's 1st rounder in a stronger draft, and enter the draft at #37.

In effect we give up our first rounder, our third rounder and downgrade our second rounder to get Menegola and Saad through the door. I'd do it.

Where do we sign...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back