Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
If GWS match and Jeremy stays because geelong refuse to trade i wonder if someone like a hopper can be shaken loose. I doubt they will let the likes of taranto or kelly go but hopper is a chance?

They're the ones pushing him out the door and not playing him
he's a flake............he'd be getting mcgovern treatment from the supporters after a month..............

GWS have informed Geelong they will match the offer for Cameron.

Interesting

Maybe the door is ajar for us to offer our pick 8....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So clearly the deal is not a mill a year like the meeeeedya have reported.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Interesting video.
I like Austin - seems composed and determined.
I found it intriguing that despite commenting on ZW adding an element to our midfield group, Austin also mentioned that he will rotate through the backline.
I was hoping this would be the case.
I like the idea of a settled back 6 so they play as a unit rather than a collection of moving parts, but it would be a real shame if we don’t utilise ZW in the role he is best known.
It will be fascinating to see how it plays out. Do we give him ample time to show his worth in the midfield, or do we make him earn that time by alternating between mid and HBF? I honestly wonder what we have promised him to entice him to come over.
Aside from paying him $5m a game?? According to Tom Morris of course...

I was dreading this would happen.

I think this was the reason Dodo has been floating the idea of Pick 7 in the public early to give everyone time to get used to the idea, because now GWS has matched the offer, Geelong will have to use 2 of the picks that they would have otherwise swapped with Us, to Satisfy GWS.

This means we have to find someone else to trade picks with (is there any potential other team with 2 mid first rounders?) or use Pick 7 in a deal. Dodo will be rubbing his hands together.

Hopefully we use it in a deal to get Oliver across and give Dodo nothing.

Nah, GWS love to trade up in the draft. Never had any issue in doing so and pay top dollar

Treloar in preference to Stephenson.
Much higher upside / game-winning potential.
Collingwood have burnt their bridge big time, so it's a buyer's market.
Just need to de-risk the contract.
Or both?? - With next years first thrown into scblues original call. (Unlikely but I’d like my bread buttered on both sides ie get that crafty forward and a gut running mid).

All this trading Samo talk is making me nauseated 🤢
He’s easily in our top 12 players at the club! Could turn around and bite us real hard.

Cripps
Doc
Weiters
E Curnow
McKay
Jones
Williams
C Curnow
Fisher
Plowman
Walsh
Martin

There's 12 in no particular order off the top of my head comfortably better than Samo.

Geelong will trade picks with Essendon for pick 7 now.

Essendon need the a late first for Caldwell.

Nah, they’ll try and keep their early picks and get a late first from us for Caldwell.

I’d only give the campaigners pick 27

And in spite of his gentle nature off field, he's very, very hard at it and indeed you could almost fairly say he's got a bit of (the seldom used c word) in him.

Looking forward to the days when he, Crippa, Walsh, Williams, Charlie, Weiters and Kemp are fighting it out for the John Nicholls Medal! :8ball::8ball:
Can someone tell me all about this kid ? He’s so highly regarded here but next to his knee reco ? I know nothing of him. What makes everyone so certain he’s gonna be a gun at AFL level ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this trading Samo talk is making me nauseated 🤢
He’s easily in our top 12 players at the club! Could turn around and bite us real hard.

Just needs more reps, pre seasons and rotate through the midfield till he’s ready to consistently deliver. Just remember the best ability is availability so he’ll only just keep getting better. Shades of Shane Edwards is this bloke and could easily be AA one day.
Absolutely bang on.
He’s already played 80 odd games and is super durable. Edwards or Shaun Burgoyne really come to mind.
Gonna be funny looking back when he is in the 300plus club

I know it only a highlight package but Williams is a lot stronger over the ball and in the contest than had given him credit for ( having not watched a lot of GWS matches) and really tackles with intent --

He does tick alot of boxes for us.
Going to be great to see him play next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back