Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Personal opinion but sounds a bit of a prick I reckon and still has desire to coach at senior level so not sure he'd be great around Teague. Ok to have a young hungry assistant coach but not sure an old one is good.

A guy rang on SEN yesterday and said he's renowned as a coach with his favourites and inner-circle. Said when Richmond did their review after 2016 he did not come out favourably and was moved on.

Which out of the top shelf assistant coaches don’t have senior coaching aspirations? I wouldn’t use that as a reason to be put of by someone,

Menegola will be 29 before the start of next season

Personally, Id rather split 8 and 28 into 15 and 18 and come away with Saad and Jed Anderson.

Jed adds some much needed midfield toughness while at the same time not compensating for agility.

Jed Anderson is a good call. Also uncontracted. Haven't heard much about his intentions going into 2021.

If we’re doing that Austin can hand in his keys. You don’t give low first round picks for uncontracted back flankers.

Unsure why this notion of our current first for Saad is rationalised/normalised. Only Essendon think that’s reasonable. The rest of the world knows it’s overs and won’t happen.

Finally another voice of reason and commonsense. If the so many in here happy to give up our first pick for Saad had to actually pay for it, they might then reconsider.

Well, he was a FS, not a 1st rounder. Swans offered him a 3 year deal, and he requested a trade. He couldn't fit in at the Hawks, because they already had quite a few slower inside (premiership winning) mids.
The Carlton equivalent for Kennedy would be Jack (or arguably Kennedy). Not a Dow/LO'B/Samo/Stocker.

They also traded him for pick #39, which they used on Sam Grimley, who managed 3 games for the Hawks, and then 4 for *

I don’t know whether where he or others are taken in the draft has much relevance, when I look at our players that have been mentioned all I come back to is, do the coaching staff think they have the tools to make it as a good player, if they don’t think they will make it or don’t see them breaking in to the senior side, then trade them for someone who might.

Its then up to the recruiters to pick a decent replacement.

Jed Anderson is a good call. Also uncontracted. Haven't heard much about his intentions going into 2021.
Jed anderson is shocking please no. What we had kerridge

Except Kerridge was slow and not physical.

Menegola will be 29 before the start of next season

Personally, Id rather split 8 and 28 into 15 and 18 and come away with Saad and Jed Anderson.

Jed adds some much needed midfield toughness while at the same time not compensating for agility.

Agreed.
Not interested in bringing in a 29yo Menegola.
Not sure why North would let Anderson go but would be very interested in adding him if we could ...

I don’t know whether where he or others are taken in the draft has much relevance, when I look at our players that have been mentioned all I come back to is, do the coaching staff think they have the tools to make it as a good player, if they don’t think they will make it or don’t see them breaking in to the senior side, then trade them for someone who might.

Its then up to the recruiters to pick a decent replacement.

So he's not really a good example of what we're talking about.

If we trade 7 for saad we should be looking to try and trade back into the first round. Cos otherwise we won’t be able to trade 2 firsts next year when Oliver nominates Us officially
Yes we can. You need to use 2 firsts in a four year period. I’d we trade out of 2020/2021/2022 we’ve already used two in 2019. We also can trade into 2024 and use 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Besides the fact that they are both humans who play football in Victoria, I have no idea what Kerridge and Anderson have in common.

I think Anderson has a lot more physicality and game sense and awareness than Kerridge had.

Kerridge was a sublime endurance athlete, but I think Anderson has much more dexterity and agility around the contest.

Besides the fact that they are both humans who play football in Victoria, I have no idea what Kerridge and Anderson have in common.

I think Anderson has a lot more physicality and game sense and awareness than Kerridge had.

Kerridge was a sublime endurance athlete, but I think Anderson has much more dexterity and agility around the contest.
Jed aderson has terrible disposals. We don’t need another one in the team

Isn't that around the figure they are suggesting the Cats are throwing at Jeremy Cameron?
They are guaranteeing an extra $600K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back