Backfire 15,396 days since Hawthorn won a premiership against a MCG ‘home’ team. Yep, almost 43 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
15,396 days

That’s right. The Hawks have not won a flag against a MCG home team since the 30th of September, 1978.

42 years of playing away teams to pad their record.

15,396 days of malarkey on their way to faux glory.

The last time they did play a GF against the highest home based Melbourne club was 1987 and they got smashed by Carlton. 🤣

Fukn shittruck Hawthorn.

Ha, classic shoot yourself in the foot OP - ironically, the last premiership was won against your shittruck team Weagles, by 46 points.

We can only play the teams that make it.

If you ignore the fact the Geelong played home games at the MCG in 2008 and 1989, who did we play in the 1988 gf?

tenor.gif

Attachments

• 1606173672171.png
    1606173672171.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 32

15,396 days

That’s right. The Hawks have not won a flag against a MCG home team since the 30th of September, 1978.

42 years of playing away teams to pad their record.

15,396 days of malarkey on their way to faux glory.

The last time they did play a GF against the highest home based Melbourne club was 1987 and they got smashed by Carlton. 🤣

Fukn shittruck Hawthorn.
Melbin 1988 says hello if you're discounting Geelong playing GFs at their 2nd home ground

• Banned
Ha, classic shoot yourself in the foot OP - ironically, the last premiership was won against your shittruck team Weagles, by 46 points.

We can only play the teams that make it.
Umm did you misunderstand something here? :drunk:
If you ignore the fact the Geelong played home games at the MCG in 2008 and 1989, who did we play in the 1988 gf?
Again please check your facts. You have not beaten a Melbourne based home team in a GF since the 70’s.

Ouch.

Umm did you misunderstand something here? :drunk:

No, I understood it perfectly - you are flogging it up trying to troll Hawfs about a grand final record, when you know full well what happened the last time Hawfs played Weagles.

Does anyone else get the feeling the OP is really a Handbagger?

I wonder if we should ask Cheffy. ;)

The poor bastard has not seen his Handbaggers beat the Hawks in a GF since he has been alive.

The 2nd team he pretends to follow have had 2 arse tearings handed to them in the 2 GF played between the Hawks and the WCE.

Ouch.

No wonder he has Hawk Envy.

No, I understood it perfectly - you are flogging it up trying to troll Hawfs about a grand final record, when you know full well what happened the last time Hawfs played Weagles.
You do realise who the guy you are replying too is?

Here is a clue.

He is a Handbagger and his old username rymes with Heffy.

Does OP know that in 1978 Hawthorns home ground was Princes Park and Norths was Arden St don't you.

Really don't understand the thread .......
Horf beat Norf in the semifinal. It was safe to say Hawthorn had home ground advantage and were favourites after that.
Does that help your understanding?

Yes I know and it completely reiterates my point.
As the thread title says.

Not since the 70’s have the Hawks beat a Melbourne based club who had home ground advantage in a GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horf beat Norf in the semifinal. It was safe to say Hawthorn had home ground advantage and were favourites after that.
Does that help your understanding?

Carlton beat Hawthorn in the 1986 semi final and had the home ground advantage and were favourites after that.

Oh thread already has the backfire tag

Carlton beat Hawthorn in the 1986 semi final and had the home ground advantage and were favourites after that.
Pure fallacy. Hawthorn finished as minor premiers and were into their 4th GF on the trot.
No chance they were not outright faves on their well played deck. 🙄

And no-one cares but you!
You were pretty hasty with the backfire tag tho.
Please produce facts to the contrary of the OP or contrary to the fact you actually care or suffer a reverse backfire. 🙂🙃

You were pretty hasty with the backfire tag tho.
Please produce facts to the contrary of the OP or contrary to the fact you actually care or suffer a reverse backfire. 🙂🙃
listen sonny Jim, all I need to produce is
1606182159272.png

Pure fallacy. Hawthorn finished as minor premiers and were into their 4th GF on the trot.
No chance they were not outright faves on their well played deck. 🙄

But in 1978, North were reigning premiers having played not one but 2 GFs the year before.....

Using your logic wouldn't they have had the "advantage" at the neutral venue?

Especially when you consider it was their 6th GF in 5 years, not the piddling 4 in a row of 1986

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back