A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah yes, the great fraud where Democrats rigged the presidency yet mysteriously voted Republican down-ticket. Who needs the Senate anyway.

Read the actual court transcripts instead of Breitbart. The courts (packed with conservative judges) are throwing out the cases because the evidence isn’t being presented. Unless you are referring to the recent Supreme Court decision which was a pure matter of state’s rights (which conservatives have fought for since Independence).

You’re lost in an echo chamber. One day you will see it, but it is not this day.

Ah yes, the great fraud where Democrats rigged the presidency yet mysteriously voted Republican down-ticket. Who needs the Senate anyway.

The courts (packed with conservative judges) are throwing out the cases because the evidence isn’t being presented. Unless you are referring to the recent supreme court decision which was a pure matter of state’s rights (which conservatives have fought for since Independence).

You’re lost in an echo chamber. One day you will see it, but it is not this day.

What are you talking about? There was no down vote. Don't you think it's strange there's a massive influx of Biden voters in a few states that ton't bother to vote for the Senate?
Get supposedly the greatest number of votes all time yet no gains in the senate..because.

Read the actual court transcripts instead of Breitbart. The courts (packed with conservative judges) are throwing out the cases because the evidence isn’t being presented. Unless you are referring to the recent Supreme Court decision which was a pure matter of state’s rights (which conservatives have fought for since Independence).

Do you think the court's allegiance is to the party the installed them or to the constitution? Also the Texas case was detracted because of how it was filed not what it contained.

And your opinion of the content?

Individual states run their elections. That is my opinion of the content.

Even Alito and Thomas’s dissent basically said they would hear the case on their (unusual) interpretation of standing however also implied that they would almost certainly not grant relief and that the case itself lacked merit.

Individual states run their elections. That is my opinion of the content.

Even Alito and Thomas’s dissent basically said they would hear the case on their (unusual) interpretation of standing however also implied that they would almost certainly not grant relief and that the case itself lacked merit.

That's absolutely not considering any new evidence introduced. You're saying, "oh well, whatever". I understand you'll be a leftie to the death but do you have no interest in truth?

That's absolutely not considering any new evidence introduced. You're saying, "oh well, whatever". I understand you'll be a leftie to the death but do you have no interest in truth?

“I dO mUh oWN reSEarCH”.

Sure, despite no compelling evidence presented, there may be a massive, unprecedented conspiracy to gift Joe Biden the election involving many high ranking Republican Secretaries of State, Republican Governors, Republican commissioners of elections, conservative state, federal and Supreme Court judges, pollsters, George Soros, Dominion voting machines, the media and thousands of poll-workers.

Or maybe Trump is just a pathetic, sore loser.

Why use Ockham’s razor when you can spout ridiculous conspiracy theories though!

Bed.

“I dO mUh oWN reSEarCH”.

Sure, despite no compelling evidence presented,
By who? There has been immense amounts presented online. In some cases literal video footage.
there may be a massive, unprecedented conspiracy to gift Joe Biden the election involving many high ranking Republican Secretaries of State, Republican Governors, conservative state, federal and Supreme Court judges, pollsters, George Soros, Dominion voting machines, the media and thousands of poll-workers.

Are you being thick?

Or maybe Trump is just a pathetic, sore loser.

Or Maybe he has every reason to feel aggrieved? He's only the second most voted candidate in history yet none of his votes involve suspicious circumstances in massive numbers.
Why use Ockham’s razor when you can spout ridiculous conspiracy theories though!

Bed.

[QUOTE

Embarrassing.

][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Every advanced economy got there on the back of imperialism/colonialism and economic manipulation. What we call modern China stayed inside its borders for the most part of the last four thousand years fighting amongst themselves until someone came from the outside to screw them over.
Until you look at Vietnam and their history of interventions and annexation there. Then you understand why the Vietnamese despise the Chinese even though they've shared a similar form of government for decades.

Now they distill what has worked for everyone else down to a concentrated essence and all the rich and developed countries who utilised the exact same tactics for the most part and are still benefitting from them pretend that they have learned the error of their ways.
You're engaging in moral relativism. "But others did even worse things" isn't a defence for exploitation.

China pulled more than 800 million people out of poverty in the last 45 years and are looking forward to a brighter future while the west has peaked, is on the decline, and still looks down on them... no wonder they would rather make their own club than try to join the clique.
People once thought Japan would dominate the world economy too. China has been blessed with good leadership since the late 70s but there's no reason that must continue. They could get an incompetent leader at some point, and their demographic issues will start to bite a few years down the line.

But yeah, rah rah to our diplomatically inept undies fudger who will excuse blatant corruption, cronyism, and cover-ups as bureaucratic snafus when his congregation does it but sees maliciousness (just as easily explained by incompetence) when looking at the country that has made most of his mates rich over the last 25 years and he's borrowed so many of his authoritarian ideas from when it comes to what he has directly had a hand in implementing over the last seven years his party has been in government. He's happy to martyr our industry in the name of stirring up nationalism while he has the two largest media orgs in the country working as his own propaganda arm.
No argument with this. Scummo has screwed the country over with his antics.

Then we have Chris Uhlmann who is better known for his garbage spy fiction and weird-arse fundamentalism than his mediocre actual journalism dictating our foreign policy played to domestic mouth-breathers who still eat up some narrative that we are being bought out by Chinese interests when actual investment sits at a quarter of the chunk of this country that is owned by US interests.
The US is our main military ally, codified by treaty. China is not. Therefore, China is potentially hostile where the US is not. Giving a stranglehold on our economy to a potentially hostile power is folly. It almost happened during the GFC when Rio Tinto were about to sell several iron ore mines to the Chinese for a song, but the FIRB blocked it. They've also blocked several other potential Chinese deals such as the sale of Lion Dairy, which has now been bought by Australians instead. That's a win.

Pretty much every criticism of China the US does worse but we won't call them out on it and our so-called "alliance" with our big-brother has been practically bog roll for the last 4 years
Please explain.

China is horrible, the US is worse... and we're campaigners too who have sucked ourselves off over the lie of the ANZAC myth for over 100 years and now have to finally reckon with it.
Can't disagree with that either.

When we move back to protectionism in the next stage of regression the stark reminder that we are and always have been sh*t at building anything and sell off every good idea we have before we can really benefit from it will hit us like a truck.
Despite what you've been told by the neoliberal consensus, protectionism isn't necessarily bad, depending on the industry involved and the type of protection.

I'm just disappointed by the way so many people are pacified by performative martyrdom pretending to hold another country/government to account that we have stopped holding our own.
Agreed, but the problem is not holding ourselves to account, not that the view on China is incorrect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blue/red, left/right makes virtually no difference, you're all caught up in the illusion of choice. Trump was a minor bump in the road and Biden will be as well to those who really pull the strings..... IMO.

Blue/red, left/right makes virtually no difference, you're all caught up in the illusion of choice. Trump was a minor bump in the road and Biden will be as well to those who really pull the strings..... IMO.

This level of privileged Joe Roganesque “meh both sides” apathy is dangerous when applied to what we know of human history. Rhetoric matters. Moments matter. Momentum matters.

Yes, at this period of time, neoliberalism is on the menu regardless of whether the red or blue wins, but the spectrum of possibilities within that is still very meaningful for various reasons. Meaningful in terms of which direction we slowly move (Max Weber style) next. Also meaningful to people who don’t fit into the demographics that have the privilege to be able to say that their day to day life is unaffected by race baiting, white nationalism, wealth inequality, unaffordable healthcare, assaults on reproductive rights etc etc.

Last edited:

The lizard people?

This level of privileged Joe Roganseque “meh both sides” apathy is dangerous when applied to what we know human history. Rhetoric matters. Moments matter. Momentum matters.

Yes, at this period of time, neoliberalism is on the menu regardless of whether the red or blue wins, but the spectrum of possibilities within that is still very meaningful for various reasons. Meaningful in terms of which direction we slowly move (Max Weber style) next. Also meaningful to people who don’t fit into the demographics that have the privilege to be able to say that their day to day life is unaffected by race baiting, white nationalism, wealth inequality, unaffordable healthcare, assaults on reproductive rights etc etc.
Lets hope none of those in need in the US hold their breath waiting for the version 2 of hope and change via Biden to materialize.

The lizard people?
LOL. No the benefactors abetted by lobbyists as well as those in unelected power positions eg. CIA, DOD, NSA, DHS + global financial and business conglomerates along with the arms industry.

I agree with Hollow Knight, this is off the mark. Biden may be a neoliberal too, but Bernie Sanders wasn't, and there's only so long that his wing of the party will be kept out of power. As more boomers die off and more young people register to vote, the left will control more of the party. I can see AOC or a similar figure taking over as House leader one day in the future.

As I've said many times before if Trump and Biden is the best the 2 sides of politics can come up with heaven help the USA and hence the planet. Obama was an eloquent talking head but nothing much changed from the status quo under him.

My 61 years has led me to the view that political discourse is a dog and pony show, something staggering will have to happen to sway me from that opinion.

Every advanced economy got there on the back of imperialism/colonialism and economic manipulation.

And?
What we call modern China stayed inside its borders for the most part of the last four thousand years fighting amongst themselves until someone came from the outside to screw them over.

Who?

Now they distill what has worked for everyone else down to a concentrated essence and all the rich and developed countries who utilised the exact same tactics for the most part and are still benefitting from them pretend that they have learned the error of their ways.

When they come you're gonna hope that you are rich and developed enough to hold them off and worth helping.

China pulled more than 800 million people out of poverty in the last 45 years and are looking forward to a brighter future while the west has peaked, is on the decline, and still looks down on them... no wonder they would rather make their own club than try to join the clique.

1.Hey are you looking forward to a brighter future
2. No
6 weeks later after having not been seen by your family or friends.
1. Hey are you looking forward to a brighter future
2. Yes

But yeah, rah rah to our diplomatically inept undies fudger who will excuse blatant corruption, cronyism, and cover-ups as bureaucratic snafus when his congregation does it but sees maliciousness (just as easily explained by incompetence) when looking at the country that has made most of his mates rich over the last 25 years and he's borrowed so many of his authoritarian ideas from when it comes to what he has directly had a hand in implementing over the last seven years his party has been in government. He's happy to martyr our industry in the name of stirring up nationalism while he has the two largest media orgs in the country working as his own propaganda arm.

So they are incompetently building island fortresses and seeking to control radio waves from Shanghai to the South Pole

Then we have Chris Uhlmann who is better known for his garbage spy fiction and weird-arse fundamentalism than his mediocre actual journalism dictating our foreign policy played to domestic mouth-breathers who still eat up some narrative that we are being bought out by Chinese interests when actual investment sits at a quarter of the chunk of this country that is owned by US interests.

People that can respect Chris Uhlmann are mouth breathers, righto.

Pretty much every criticism of China the US does worse but we won't call them out on it and our so-called "alliance" with our big-brother has been practically bog roll for the last 4 years, we can't rely on them for economic support and the neo-liberal ideals that we imported from them have done more harm to "true-blue Aussie patriots" then they'll ever know.

It's a military treaty not an economic alliance.
Didn't you just finish saying they account for 4 times of the investment as China? The West as a whole are dealing with dramatic shifts in technology use, movement of people and financial pressure that our short term orientation has not, and does not provide for, adequate reflection. We are also removing the very chutzpah required to seize the day because somewon will get twiggered.

China is horrible, the US is worse... and we're campaigners too who have sucked ourselves off over the lie of the ANZAC myth for over 100 years and now have to finally reckon with it.
You sound like that Yasmin chick, she got the right idea though and got a one way ticket
When we move back to protectionism in the next stage of regression the stark reminder that we are and always have been sh*t at building anything and sell off every good idea we have before we can really benefit from it will hit us like a truck. I'm just disappointed by the way so many people are pacified by performative martyrdom pretending to hold another country/government to account that we have stopped holding our own.
I've never heard of performative martyrdom, but I'm pretty sure you just did it

Last edited:
This level of privileged Joe Roganesque “meh both sides” apathy is dangerous when applied to what we know of human history. Rhetoric matters. Moments matter. Momentum matters.

On behalf of my privileged demographic (white, employed on average wage) I'd just like to let you know that I don't give a flying frangipani tree about all of 'that s**t'

Johnny Bananas I don't think poor little China is a good-guy underdog or anything, it's a massive corrupt monolith driving instability outside of its borders to create stability inside them - and it's working for them. It used to work for the US too, but osmosis can be a bitch.

But brand USA has been built on lecturing the world from a position of moral superiority that is only smoke and mirrors. They've murdered and destabilised large sections of the world with hard power to give an illusion of safety to very few. We're in bed with a psycho we are either too afraid to criticise or we are glad to be one of their droogs, I still haven't fully decided on that front. That's why I think they are worse. China's use of soft power is a small concern to me compared to the US's historical use of the hard stuff.

But brand USA has been built on lecturing the world from a position of moral superiority that is only smoke and mirrors. They've murdered and destabilised large sections of the world with hard power to give an illusion of safety to very few.
No arguments there, I'm with you.

We're in bed with a psycho we are either too afraid to criticise or we are glad to be one of their droogs, I still haven't fully decided on that front.
We're a droog, or at least trying to be. Why else would we have jumped into the Iraq War so quickly when New Zealand didn't?

China's use of soft power is a small concern to me compared to the US's historical use of the hard stuff.
Soft power? China has invaded four of its neighbours since WWII, routinely sends army units over the border with India and is engaging in gunboat diplomacy in the South China Sea. China is no stranger to the hard stuff and will use it if weaker nations stand in their way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back