Star Wars Star Wars - General Discussion / Legends / Comics

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm fine with having more female characters as long as they are not put in for political reasons.

There was never an issue to begin with,with not enough female fans or characters

Sorry man but you're full of s**t. It's basically a case of "It's done for political reasons" when you don't like something and vice versa when you do like something. Spoiler: they're always done for the same reason.

Sorry man but you're full of sh*t. It's basically a case of "It's done for political reasons" when you don't like something and vice versa when you do like something. Spoiler: they're always done for the same reason.

Yep I'm full of s**t :rolleyes:

At the end of the day I couldn't give a rats arse if the character is gay,asian,different skin colour etc just make good star war stories and content and not worry about the political s**t that's infected Hollywood

I'm fine with having more female characters as long as they are not put in for political reasons.

There was never an issue to begin with,with not enough female fans or characters

edit- KK created a problem when there wasn't one.

There was 1 female character in all the OT.

Yes there was an issue.

Have more female characters doesn’t mean they are out there for politics.

Whiny male nerds think that’s what it is but it’s just characters who are female.

Yep I'm full of sh*t :rolleyes:

At the end of the day I couldn't give a rats arse if the character is gay,asian,different skin colour etc just make good star war stories and content and not worry about the political sh*t that's infected Hollywood

Lol If you didn’t give a s**t you wouldn’t be whinging about women and gays politically represented in Star Wars.

As yet you haven’t answered my question as to which character was political?

Last edited:
There was 1 female character in all the OT.

Yes there was an issue.

Have more female characters doesn’t mean they are out there for politics.

Whiny male nerds think that’s what it is but it’s just characters who are female.

Padme
Ashoka form Clone Wars

And the countless of other female characters that were in books,comics,games etc that Disney decided turf in the rubbish

Lol You didn’t give a sh*t you wouldn’t be whinging about women and gays img politically represented in Star Wars.

As yet you haven’t answered my question as to which character was political?

Rey.

She had no flaws and was able best Kylo Ren easily also used the force like nothing when it took Luke baiscly 3 films
to become a Jedi.

She's in the view that there is not enough women characters/female Star Wars fans she thinks Star Wars is just full of nerdy males when she's totally wrong there has always been female star wars fans and characters.

Genuinely haven’t heard her say anything of that nature, I must have missed that. I find the distaste of her to be quite often linked with that photo of her and some others wearing a tshirt stating “the force is female” or something like that. I can’t recall it exactly however it tends to brought up when she is mentioned, I take it a section of the fandom struggled with that image.

Anyway, there certainly are valid reasons to point to regarding her tenure as president of Lucasfilm. The performance of some of the films, indifferent box office numbers etc and so on. I personally have never felt there is some kind of agenda or ulterior motive being pushed.

If anything, I’ve always loved that the very first images seen in the TFA teaser trailer, the first of the Disney era of films, was a black man (Finn) and a woman (Rey). I thought it was a great concept to finally show some realistic representation of a setting that covers billions of people across a vast galaxy.

Padme
Ashoka form Clone Wars

And the countless of other female characters that were in books,comics,games etc that Disney decided turf in the rubbish

Padme and Ashoka weren’t in the OT but ok.

So are you just angry that the old cannon was turfed(hey I liked legends)?

I’m still yet to see one character that was political from you.
Think I asked the same from you when you complained in the Marvel thread about politics.

Yep I'm full of sh*t :rolleyes:

At the end of the day I couldn't give a rats arse if the character is gay,asian,different skin colour etc just make good star war stories and content and not worry about the political sh*t that's infected Hollywood
You’re hating on the Acolyte years before it’s even been made because the creator is female. You know nothing about it except the so-called agenda you have created.

Many many many actors and actresses are preferred for social and political reasons (and of course $$$ - hello China), but there’s ways to do it seamlessly and other ways where it is incredibly on the nose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re hating on the Acolyte years before it’s even been made because the creator is female. You know nothing about it except the so-called agenda you have created.

Has nothing to do with Lesley Headland being female she's all bout identity politics pretty sure she bagged star wars fans when she was doing a q&a.

Debroah Chow on the other hand is a good female director she wants to make good star wars content and not in it for the identity politics like Lesley

Bryce Dallas Howard is probably another one she directed some good mando eps.

Last edited:
Many many many actors and actresses are preferred for social and political reasons (and of course $$$ - hello China), but there’s ways to do it seamlessly and other ways where it is incredibly on the nose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The version of the TFA Chinese poster was disgraceful, I doubt it would happen now given the recent strides towards racial equality. However that was very poorly managed by Disney at the time.

Has nothing to do with Lesley Headland being female she's all bout identity politics pretty sure she bagged star wars fans when she was doing a q&a.

Debroah Chow on the other hand is a good female director she wants to make good star wars content and not in it for the identity politics like Lesley

Bryce Dallas Howard is probably another one she directed some good mando eps.
You're pretty sure?

Well, that says more than evidence ever could.

Finally watched TROS last night. Wasn’t as bad as I thought it might be.

I couldn’t get through the Han Solo film sadly.

On to The Mandolorian which sounds exciting...

Finally watched TROS last night. Wasn’t as bad as I thought it might be.

I couldn’t get through the Han Solo film sadly.

On to The Mandolorian which sounds exciting...

Solo wasn't too bad, surprised you preferred TROS to it. What didn't you like about it?

Anyone watched the Lego Holiday Special? Not related to the absolute farce in the 70s.

Actually ridiculously entertaining and very self aware. Quite enjoyed it. In a lot of ways it's a weirdly more satisfying watch than the ST lol.

Anyone watched the Lego Holiday Special? Not related to the absolute farce in the 70s.

Actually ridiculously entertaining and very self aware. Quite enjoyed it. In a lot of ways it's a weirdly more satisfying watch than the ST lol.
Produce a youtube video review and recap of it please, so i can watch that instead. Thanks in advance 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back