Star Wars Ahsoka [Starts 23rd August on Disney+]

Remove this Banner Ad

There were a few problems with the series - the glacial pacing at the start, some questionable character decisions, maybe also the overuse of some cliches. Space whales was the biggest copout for mine.

However, I did not expect anything groundbreaking, sometimes you just want to be entertained, and I was entertained. The acting was fine, especially Thrawn. And in the end I will watch S2 - if it comes out - because S1 was more than acceptable.

There were a few problems with the series - the glacial pacing at the start, some questionable character decisions, maybe also the overuse of some cliches. Space whales was the biggest copout for mine.

However, I did not expect anything groundbreaking, sometimes you just want to be entertained, and I was entertained. The acting was fine, especially Thrawn. And in the end I will watch S2 - if it comes out - because S1 was more than acceptable.

Yep, this, just finished it and it was good but gee the complaining goes on and on and on and on and on

Anakin and Ahsoka the highlight of a very forgettable season.

Things that particularly bothered me this episode is the choreograph of lightsaber duels, so stagnant and slow. Using the force to jump on ship just seemed awkward as well.

Lastly what is up with the stormtroopers swarming in mass numbers and then only 2 actually shooting lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is Star Wars held to such high standards? Where has this expectation come from? We all love the originals, but were they really these great pinnacles of writing and direction?
Seems the latest issue is just picking on things that have been done in many a TV show or movie since the dawn of the medium.
Drawing things out for suspense.
Tense character reveals.
Fights with outnumbered heroes where the enemies sit back and wait their turn to strike.
Things happening in unrealistic timeframes.
Things not explicitly explained on screen.
Characters acting out of character.
Villains explaining their plan.
Villains missing targets constantly and heroes always hitting theirs.
"Why did they do this, when they could've just done this?"
"Why did this happen when it just led to nothing?"

I saw a figure that Ahsoka probably cost about $136 million. That's $17 million per episode. When you take out the reminders of previous scenes, the titles and credits, most episodes are only 30 to 40 minutes long.

Any show with this sort of budget should be held to a high standard. Everything should be top notch. I've found the production values to be ok, but the writing and direction to be poor. The characters are mostly boring and unlikable. The plot has a lot of inconsistencies. Scenes happening very slowly. Unimaginative framing - how many times do you see a two-shot of the actors staring into space?

I saw a figure that Ahsoka probably cost about $136 million. That's $17 million per episode. When you take out the reminders of previous scenes, the titles and credits, most episodes are only 30 to 40 minutes long.

Any show with this sort of budget should be held to a high standard. Everything should be top notch. I've found the production values to be ok, but the writing and direction to be poor. The characters are mostly boring and unlikable. The plot has a lot of inconsistencies. Scenes happening very slowly. Unimaginative framing - how many times do you see a two-shot of the actors staring into space?
Fairly Oddparents Burn GIF

It’s Disney

I thought that was pretty good. Probably my third favourite of the Star Wars TV universe

Mando season 2
Andor
Ahsoka

The first scene with the space whales was a fantastic 'star wars' moment and probably the highlight of the show for me, it's the show's 'luke staring at the sunset on Tatooine'

Seriously though if there is a movie or season 2, SOMEONE HAS TO DIE. A GOODIE. The fact that four nightsisters, Thrawn, a former Jedi Master and his apprentice, and all their soldiers, racked up a bodycount on the good guys of precisely zero, is what kills any sense in investment and stakes.

Ray Stevenson's character was the best new thing and so far sort of interesting, I hope they recast.

I didn't like Ahsoka the character, but maybe I never have. In this show it was like she was comatose. The whole calm controlled wise old Jedi got old, fast. Her apprentice literally did the one thing she promised not to do, and Ahsoka was totes cool with it. She never panicked, got mad, got sad, or got happy. For all this grey Jedi bullshit she seemed to exhibit all the characteristics of the classic emotionless Jedi.

Last edited:
Natasha Liu Bordizzo is martial arts trained too and moves like your nan walking across a wet floor.
There's martial arts trained at a local Tae Kwon Do hall by a guy who's day job is a postie, then there's Bruce Lee was my godfather martial arts trained

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously though if there is a movie or season 2, SOMEONE HAS TO DIE. A GOODIE. The fact that four nightsisters, Thrawn, a former Jedi Master and his apprentice, and all their soldiers, racked up a bodycount on the good guys of precisely zero, is what kills any sense in investment and stakes.

Wren should have died in S1. She ****ed up big time not once but twice. Any deaths arising from Thrawn escaping his exile are down to her stupid, selfish decisions. But she could have had a moment of redemption before dying heroically.

Then again, the investment and stakes are low in the Disney+/Marvel world when characters can be brought back to life.

Wren should have died in S1. She ****ed up big time not once but twice. Any deaths arising from Thrawn escaping his exile are down to her stupid, selfish decisions. But she could have had a moment of redemption before dying heroically.

Then again, the investment and stakes are low in the Disney+/Marvel world when characters can be brought back to life.
Absolutely.

I don't even react know if someone is stabbed. It means nothing. Would inconvenience them more to get a punch in the nose.

Truly it's ******* comical that Disney have gone down this 'all the heroes can survive a stabbing' path, at this stage they must be aware of it and just putting it in shows for the lols.

I thought that was pretty good. Probably my third favourite of the Star Wars TV universe

Mando season 2
Andor
Ahsoka

The first scene with the space whales was a fantastic 'star wars' moment and probably the highlight of the show for me, it's the show's 'luke staring at the sunset on Tatooine'

Ray Stevenson's character was the best new thing and so far sort of interesting, I hope they recast.

I didn't like Ahsoka the character, but maybe I never have. In this show it was like she was comatose. The whole calm controlled wise old Jedi got old, fast. Her apprentice literally did the one thing she promised not to do, and Ahsoka was totes cool with it. She never panicked, got mad, got sad, or got happy. For all this grey Jedi bullshit she seemed to exhibit all the characteristics of the classic emotionless Jedi.
I think we lose Mando in the same heartbreaking way we lost Iron Man. Ultimate sacrifice.

I think we lose Mando in the same heartbreaking way we lost Iron Man. Ultimate sacrifice.
Of course would, lose the robotic whiteish male good guy who lives behind a helmet and is part of a fanatic cult.

No, we need to lose someone with a face, like one of the rebels characters. No sacrifice either. Bested by the baddies when they were trying to fight and win.

Last edited:
Truly it's ******* comical that Disney have gone down this 'all the heroes can survive a stabbing' path, at this stage they must be aware of it and just putting it in shows for the lols.

97E4C455-7179-48DE-9900-E0257EBCA976.jpeg

Was sent this and chuckled. To be fair Qui Gon was more through the chest so perhaps the meme should reference Reva in the same Obi Wan series, Ben Solo in the sequels etc. Point being Disney really have taken the piss with this stuff.

View attachment 1826091

Was sent this and chuckled. To be fair Qui Gon was more through the chest so perhaps the meme should reference Reva in the same Obi Wan series, Ben Solo in the sequels etc. Point being Disney really have taken the piss with this stuff.
At least Ben Solo had to be revived with some force bullshit.

All the others just flat out lived with regular old medical care. Poor old Qui Gon would still be with us if Obi Wan had of bothered to call 000

How good is Diana Lee Inosanto in fight scenes? I know she’s martial arts trained but she legit looks like she wants to kick Ahsoka’s ass.

She is like 10 years older than Dawson but fights like she is 10 years younger. Rosario looks the part but she needs to get in the gym if she wants to play jedi more convincingly. Hayden is only 2 years younger than her and fights about 10x better.

don't get it. In rebels she often laughs and smiles. When she confronts the inquistors at one point she winks at Ezra. She talks like Mace Windu who was basically a stereotype of a powerful out of touch jedi.

At least Ben Solo had to be revived with some force bullshit.

All the others just flat out lived with regular old medical care. Poor old Qui Gon would still be with us if Obi Wan had of bothered to call 000

Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, Sasee Tin during the Palpatine arrest sequence, Order 66, the list would go on and on. The force healing stuff as well was jarring, it really does lower the stakes. Force ghosts controlling the weather for example, it’s just unnecessary stuff from the Disney era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back