Streaming 20th Century Studios presents: Prey (Disney + and Hulu)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you watch the end credits?
yes i did. thats how i knew no animals were harmed.

mid-cred.png

No animals were harmed? Do the Karen's and the Kevin's of this world think that they got a real life Predator to fight a bear?

Its 2022. I mean seriously when was the last movie for an animal to be harmed?

The Lion King? :$

Pet Sematary
Anaconda
Jaws
Piranha

Another thing - it struck me that it probably had a lowish budget. The effects were solid but not outstanding and it’s scope was small. I’m guessing that’s partly because it was always meant to be a streaming release.

Goes to show that if HBO couldn’t turn out something worth watching for $90m in Batgirl something really went wrong.

Didn’t see that image during the credits, I did fast forward to the end though to see if there was anything post credits. Is it a reference to a sequel or something to do with a flashback? Not sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was worried this would be some woke garbage, pleasantly surprised.

I just saw it (I keep odd hours) and the fillum for me was VERY woke. You had an illegal alien of no fixed gender identity who of course is strong, a native female American as a main character who of course is even stronger, as well as various French men who are not strong, easily-beaten computer-generated life forms and the setting was several different disgusting environments that only lefties would love to 'save'.

The good thing about it is the message that only the strong survive and that their utter domination of the weak is only the natural order of things in God's universe but apart from that?

Woke.

I tried to, but struggled with this.

They didn't write the main character that well, her development was almost arse backwards. hard to see her as anyone but Aubrey Plaza too.

Not sure why they couldn't case her a few years older?

Watching the original yesterday didn't help either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back