Most dramatic and or saddest cinematic/TV deaths.

Remove this Banner Ad

Only The Brave

Watched this film last year and the ending had me in water works. Criminally underrated film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buffys second death as she saves dawn and buffys mum couch death - season 5 Buffy

freds death as a demon steals her body - angel final season

charlies death - Lost season 3

spikes death - cowboy bepop.

jane vomit death while walt watches and refuses to help - breaking bad.

Vegeta blowing himself up to save his kids - dragon ball z

red wedding - game of thrones.

dexters wife blood bath scene after she was killed by the trinity killer - dexter season 4.

A brutal send off for Roseanne saying that she OD'd on pills instead of saying she was cancelled due to a so called racist tweet on Ambien.

The Conners aren't worth watching without Roseanne, she was the star of the show, a classic case of go woke go broke.

This scene hits hard. Radar's delivery of the news, and just how unfair it felt given the circumstances. A reminder of how unforgiving war can be.

The musicians in the finale that Charles worked with also got to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember crying like a little biatch at the end of Watership Down. Can't remember which rabbit dies, or any other details really.

I went to see that film at the cinema with my friend's older sister when we were little kids, we thought it was going to be like a Disney film.

I'm still scarred by the horrific ending and the Bright Eyes theme song sends shivers up my spine.

2828_5.jpg

I'm showing my age, but Molly from A Country Practice.
I was going to say the same thing. Really upset me as a kid. And then hearing many years later that Anne Tenney was supposedly quite keen on the rooting and it was causing friction amongst the cast and crew and allegedly that's why Molly was killed off. True or not, this amused the adult me.

Maude Flanders

Bleeding gums Murphy

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
Of the Simpson's "deaths", it's always Bart's and Ned's response to Edna Krabapple's offscreen death that gets to me.

Conversely, the way King of the Hill did Cotton's death was different.

=============

Titanic. There were deaths that got to me, but it wasn't Jack. It was the old couple lying on the bed holding hands and waiting for the water to come really got to me for some reason.

==============

Trying to think of a more modern example...
The death of the guy positioned as the protagonist surprised me. Although anyone dying in war movies should be expected.
On that note, Private Ryan introducing his family to Captain Miller's grave. * something in my eye *

buffys second death as she saves dawn and buffys mum couch death - season 5 Buffy

freds death as a demon steals her body - angel final season

charlies death - Lost season 3

spikes death - cowboy bepop.

jane vomit death while walt watches and refuses to help - breaking bad.

Vegeta blowing himself up to save his kids - dragon ball z

red wedding - game of thrones.

dexters wife blood bath scene after she was killed by the trinity killer - dexter season 4.
That's up there.

I was going to say the same thing. Really upset me as a kid. And then hearing many years later that Anne Tenney was supposedly quite keen on the rooting and it was causing friction amongst the cast and crew and allegedly that's why Molly was killed off. True or not, this amused the adult me.

i just pissed myself laughing at this for a solid 5 minutes, read the post to my missus and then commenced another 5 minutes or so. :tearsofjoy:

The Star Wars Sequel Trilogy gets a lot of (imo unfair) kicking, but the death scene and farewell to Leia/General Organa always hits hard to me, esp knowing we lost Carrie Fisher a couple of years ago.

Chewie's reaction to her death is absolutely heartbreaking and makes me cry every time and I am a jaded 43 year old cynic.

Still hurts thinking about it. Grew up my whole life and childhood loving these characters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back