Mega Thread Harry Potter TV Series Announced!

Remove this Banner Ad

Avada Kedavra was always described as a bright flash of green light, but the films it looks more like a tie fighter shooting it's lasers. In my head it should be more like a spotlight that lights up area.

Not quite like this, this is a bit over the top, but similar.

imalent-ms18-brightest-flashlightimalent-490912_2048x2048.jpg

Great news, it should be closer to the books with the time available & HBO making it.

It is a wonder this got a go, JK is worse than Hitler to the woke.

Great news, it should be closer to the books with the time available & HBO making it.

Yeah, especially announcing it after the video game stirred up controversy very recently.

The video game made a bucket load of money and was very well received. Probably around a billion in sales.

Imagine these guys in a war.

"I can't fight sir because my pronouns were incorrect."

Can see Brian Cox jumping from one HBO title to another, would be a good Dumbledore.

Not bad, would like to see Jared Harris take on the role his dad had.

We're going to get Matt Smith as Voldemort aren't we?

Not bad, would like to see Jared Harris take on the role his dad had.

We're going to get Matt Smith as Voldemort aren't we?

I'm only surface level as a "fan" of Harry Potter and never read past the first couple of books so any opinion I have is based on the movies but I just saw an article trying to put up Cumberbatch as Voldemort and Matt Smith as Lucius Malfoy, no doubt because white hair from GOT.

They did have Nick Frost as Hagrid which I quite liked though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel sorry for the new cast. They are always going to be compared to the original cast and let's face it the original cast has some absolute top talent. Smith, Rickman, Fiennes, HBC, Isaacs, Gambon, Coltrane, Thewlis, Oldman and there's many others who excelled for a movie or so, Staunton and Branagh, immediately come to mind there. These are big shoes to fill for beloved characters.

If we are talking about Hagrid, I'd love to see Stephen Fry. Hell, I think he would make a great Dumbledore as well.
Who's that bloke, he was a Slytherin in the later books, maybe took over potions? Old quirky guy. Forget his name but Fry would be perfect at that.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Who's that bloke, he was a Slytherin in the later books, maybe took over potions? Old quirky guy. Forget his name but Fry would be perfect at that.

Slughorn, played by Broadbent.

Easier to make a list of which saying choices aren't replaceable.

Professor McGonagall
Professor Lupin
Lockart
Sirius Black
Voldemort
Hermione
Mad Dog Moody
Hagrid
Dumbledore 1 with Richard Harris (rip)

******* easy.

I thought that version of Snape was very overrated. And he was too old.

That is a good point. It is the same with Lupin and Sirius as well. They were only about 33-34 during Philosophers Stone. Whoever they get to play Lilly and James (if they do) needs to be in their early 20s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back