Your Movie and TV Hot Takes

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s probably a lukewarm take but Predators (the Adrian Brody one) was really good too.
I liked Predators, like a lot of movies you have to suspend your disbelief in certain things, but otherwise yes it was good, by that I mean I liked it too. However it belongs on this thread, as I dont think it was universally loved.

Movies
  • Gravity was better than Interstellar (and The Martian)

tumblr_o56mq3t1hy1uqyagpo8_500.gif

lol :D

All good, different opinions and thoughts is always encouraged and welcomed. I liked Gravity for what it is worth.:$

I liked Predators, like a lot of movies you have to suspend your disbelief in certain things, but otherwise yes it was good, by that I mean I liked it too. However it belongs on this thread, as I dont think it was universally loved.
Predator is the OG.

Prey was real close, that was genuinely great.

Predators is a tier down but was still really really enjoyable and a worthy addition to the canon.

The rest are varying degrees of s**t.

Predator is the OG.

Prey was real close, that was genuinely great.

Predators is a tier down but was still really really enjoyable and a worthy addition to the canon.

The rest are varying degrees of s**t.
Agree with all of that.

Really enjoyed Prey and for me it was the "setting" in what made it a good movie.

Set in that time period, set the tone. Which is why I think The Predator 2018 failed. I have never properly watched it, but got bored with it unfortunately and never returned.

Will be interesting about the sequel to Prey.

Prey 2 Is Actually Happening, Here's What We Know

Those who follow the "Last Film You've Seen" thread won't be surprised but I think 40-50's noir and 50-60's French cinema is sensational.

i wish this was something i had more time to explore

i have a soft spot for the monocle, though that is more a spoof on the same
especially le monocle rit jaune - the restaurant scene

managed to snag a subtitled copy before they took it down from the internet archive, at a better quality than this. not available in region 4/0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me it has to be T3,T4 and T5.

Most fans of the Terminator series hate everything after T2, for me I really enjoy the journey after T3, I try not to overthink the timeline and "accept" the inaccuracies/inconsistencies and enjoy the experience. For me the series officially ends at T5, I have seen Dark Fate once and never again. It literally destroys T2, to T5 and really shits on the franchise.

Ive always felt if T3 was "cleaned" up a bit that is the unnecessary average humour, its a decent action movie
I loved the ideas in those movies.

The T3 ending is brilliant and so clever.

Also, I think it was T4 (the one with Sam Worthington) they had an alternative script where John Connor wasn't a person, but a code name, so the idea is that the first 2 movies weren't about going back to save the man who saved mankind, but to save the man who started the movement which saved mankind.

I loved the ideas in those movies.

The T3 ending is brilliant and so clever.

Also, I think it was T4 (the one with Sam Worthington) they had an alternative script where John Connor wasn't a person, but a code name, so the idea is that the first 2 movies weren't about going back to save the man who saved mankind, but to save the man who started the movement which saved mankind.
Ive watched T2,T3,T4 and T5 way too many times, I enjoy all of them.

Yes, T3 "twist" at the end was brilliant, speaking as a Terminator fan, I liked how they showed the "origin story" (right at the end) as to why John Connor was the leader.

If I could edit T3, I would remove a lot of the unnecessary humor that deters from the movie, like the Terminator turning up at a strip joint, inflatable DD's on Lokan, and really clean up to make it a genuine sci fi action movie.

T4 was good too, I enjoyed the "Arnie" presence in it as well. (CGI of course) I felt here too, it gave a small origin story for the T800.

I am definite if they had continued with the T4 timeline, that they would have found a way to save Worthington and keep his character.

My bad, Ive never seen it, so have no idea. Was in fact going to ask if I should. :$
I wouldnt recommend it, no doubt someone will come in with the hot take its Ridley Scotts greatest movie and actually a misunderstood masterpiece.

It actually started out that it was going to be told from the Sheriff of Nottinghams POV, which might have made it something different.

tumblr_o56mq3t1hy1uqyagpo8_500.gif

All good, different opinions and thoughts is always encouraged and welcomed. I liked Gravity for what it is worth.:$
That's why I posted it in this thread haha! I really enjoyed Interstellar too, so it's not like I thought Gravity was a far better film. I think I gave them both 8 on IMDB, but if there was an option I would've done 8.5 for Gravity. It just tugged on the right emotional strings for me, where I felt Interstellar was a bit too cerebral to have the emotional impact for me.

I wouldnt recommend it, no doubt someone will come in with the hot take its Ridley Scotts greatest movie and actually a misunderstood masterpiece.

It actually started out that it was going to be told from the Sheriff of Nottinghams POV, which might have made it something different.
It was considered a great script that studios fought over, but I believe first Ridley Scott questioned a Robin Hood film without Robin Hood as the main character, then when Crowe got attached as Robin, he insisted on being the main character and it all just went downhill from there.

Haha yeah rest assured phantom, it’s Ridley’s most inessential, the last I’d save from a fire. Not bad, not good, just fine and a tad dull, so whack away (within moderation).

I think the 70s Disney is the standout since Errol. Agree Elwes was a better Robin than Kevin. I like a lot of Costner films but meh about that one in particular. Someone like Kevin Kline would’ve done a decent Robin, his Douglas Fairbanks was a beaut in Chaplin (apparently he has played Errol too) and he was well suited for the moustache-twirling lighthearted swashbuckler type.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back