Movie Worst decisions in movie history

Remove this Banner Ad

Came across this article in Rolling Stone and it has some stunners ..

Blockbuster knocked back offer to buy Netflix for $50m.

The iconic roles Burt Reynolds knocked back …wow!

The horrific death of Vic Morrow and two local kids in Twilight Zone movie. Morrow was the father of Jennifer Jason Jason Leigh.

Matt Damon turning down Avatar and chance to be $250m richer.

Anyone got others?

Came across this article in Rolling Stone and it has some stunners ..

Blockbuster knocked back offer to buy Netflix for $50m.

The iconic roles Burt Reynolds knocked back …wow!

The horrific death of Vic Morrow and two local kids in Twilight Zone movie. Morrow was the father of Jennifer Jason Jason Leigh.

Matt Damon turning down Avatar and chance to be $250m richer.

Anyone got others?

just the way they order that list is a ******* hollywood mistake lol

Although Burt Reynolds as Michael Corleone?? That would’ve made one of the worst decisions list!
Crazy.
(For me the entire Godfather III could be filed under the worst decisions in movie history. Idk if they rushed it, from the casting, to the storyline and the ending. Worst. decisions. EVER)

What about this one, actually popped up as a trivia question on Tipping Point the other day about Die Hard.

The action classic made a movie star of Bruce Willis and introduced the world to one of cinema's greatest characters John McClane who, despite some dodgy later sequels, remains an iconic action hero.
But it could have all been so different as you might not be aware that the producers originally had to offer the role to Frank Sinatra, who was then 70 years old.
Sinatra turned down the role of John McClane of course, and in reality he was never going to star in Die Hard, but the producers were contractually obliged to offer Ol' Blue Eyes the role after he had starred in Die Hard's 'prequel', The Detective.

just the way they order that list is a ******* hollywood mistake lol

Yeah I've seen this article before and thought it some of the weirdest "rankings" for a listicle I'd seen.

Like, no, I don't think firing Phil Lord and Christopher Miller from Solo was a worse decision than recklessly flying a helicopter that killed three people including two young children, or worse than the 1950s communist witch hunt and Hollywood blacklist.

Some things listed, such as not letting Ryan Reynolds talk, aren't even bad!

Yeah I've seen this article before and thought it some of the weirdest "rankings" for a listicle I'd seen.

Like, no, I don't think firing Phil Lord and Christopher Miller from Solo was a worse decision than recklessly flying a helicopter that killed three people including two young children, or worse than the 1950s communist witch hunt and Hollywood blacklist.

Some things listed, such as not letting Ryan Reynolds talk, aren't even bad!
Oh what's that? You think someone passing on a movie that made a lot of money was a worse decision than hooking a teenager on prescription medication? Remind me to never leave you alone with anyone

United Artists agreeing to produce 'Heaven's Gate', an insanely expensive epic Western about an obscure and not particularly interesting part of American history, the Johnson County Wars in Wyoming in the 1890s.

For me personally - going to see Jack and Jill in 2011. It's been nearly 13 years, and I wish I could have some form of hypnotherapy to remove all memories of this movie from my mind, it was that bad. The only danger with this course of action though is that one day I might notice a DVD of Jack and Jill for sale in a $2 bargain bin, think to myself, 'Now why haven't I ever seen this Adam Sandler movie?' and purchase it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me personally - going to see Jack and Jill in 2011. It's been nearly 13 years, and I wish I could have some form of hypnotherapy to remove all memories of this movie from my mind, it was that bad. The only danger with this course of action though is that one day I might notice a DVD of Jack and Jill for sale in a $2 bargain bin, think to myself, 'Now why haven't I ever seen this Adam Sandler movie?' and purchase it.

You didn’t want its Dunkaccino?

The fact that John Landis is still not behind bars for THE TWILIGHT ZONE disaster is one of the great injustices. If you can get a hold of "Outrageous Conduct" read what occurred and you'll be throwing the book across the room in anger....

Sign of the times but I vividly remember that clip of the helicopter and the kids being shown repeatedly on the News back in the 80’s when it occurred, and I wonder today whether mainstream would show it or we’d be looking on the internet for it

Just over and over again

Once upon a time in America is an interesting one

I watched a version on a long flight a year or so ago and never finished it. It was a long version but not the 4 hour version. I probably got 2 hours into the one I watched. I thought it was fantastic but was too distracted by Flight stuff I turned it off

I was a fan of the book Battlefield Earth; I thought it had some interesting ideas and was well constructed (Scientology crap aside). The only L. Ron Hubbard book I'd ever say that about. So, I was hopeful the movie might be OK, considering Travolta was making it, and boy, I was so wrong. It still goes down as the worst movie I have ever seen. There are things in the movie that aren't even in the book, like finding 300yo fighter jets, and they work like new. That film was a truly bad idea.

20th century fox not releasing the directors cut of freddy got fingered

On the DVD cover and in much of the marketing of Freddy Got Fingered, there's a well-known still of Tom Green's character Gord suckling milk directly from a cow's udder (and enjoying it way more than he should be), but the cow scene isn't in the main cut of the film, unlike the scenes with the horse, the deer and the elephant.

Sometimes it works out like this in movies. For example, in the trailer for Ted 2 in 2015 Samantha (Amanda Seyfried) causes a very serious car accident and is worried about what she has done. John and Ted assure her that everything is fine, even though they and we see mass carnage and other cars exploding through their car's rear window. This funny scene never made it into the final cinematic cut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back