Your Movie and TV Hot Takes

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Get em in hot.

Whats your movie or TV hot take (lets not do music here cause that always winds up with absolute flogs proclaiming they have more knowledge than you).

Ill start it off with one that most have heard me discuss before.

Shutter Island is ******* terrible.

Telegraphed plot twist, ham fisted reveal, scholcky writing and delivery. It feels like a shitty 70s telemovie that just happened to have Kingsley, DiCaprio and Ruffalo (as well as a stack of others in support roles) directed by Scorsese. Even the ridiculous last line felt forced.

For clarity on this its hot takes so s**t like "Casablanca is great" isnt what were here for. Real s**t movies you love or really universally appreciated movies you hate. Award winning actors you think are bad. Critically acclaimed TV you hate. Etc etc.

Napoleon ****ing Dynamite.

A friend raved to me about how amazing this film was + we watched it at their house- iirc I did not crack a smile once.

THEN... to rub salt in the ******* wound, I work at a camp and guess what the kids (and therefore me) are going to watch one night.

😡😡😡😡
0/10

Napoleon ****ing Dynamite.

A friend raved to me about how amazing this film was + we watched it at their house- iirc I did not crack a smile once.

THEN... to rub salt in the ******* wound, I work at a camp and guess what the kids (and therefore me) are going to watch one night.

😡😡😡😡
0/10
Napoleon Dynamite Dance GIF

You got one? Youve got ******* plenty, have at it
I'm just here for the melts there isn't a single piece of cinema that I have a hot take about, all my takes are luke warm at best

mother movie GIF by mother!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ooooooft.

I disagree with both these pretty hard but i can certainly see the angle for Dogs.

Just so were clear here, even Schindlers List and Jurassic Park?

Not Schindler's List obviously, an very important movie that every kid in high school needs to see and educated about, but it's so horrible to watch for me personally, seen it twice and I never want to see it again, cause it's too disturbing for me and not really my idea of a movie to watch on a Saturday Night.

Jurassic Park yeah not really a big fan either for some reason. Maybe because it's become a franchise and the recent sequels with Chris Pratt really sucked.

All Spielberg movies are vastly overrated, including the Indiania Jones flicks.
I would love to see Duel again- have only seen it the one time.

But tbh yeah... ET meh, Jurassic- seen it once, thats enough (and def dont need 32 million sequels). I can agree.

I have fond memories of that film, because I can directly relate to it.

From the family (on a smaller scale) to the little knick knacks on the actual set that my Yia Yia would have owned.
It's a very real take on Greek Diaspora so of course people that have lived that directly or indirectly via their friends are going to relate to it.

That doesn't change the fact its a tragedy, if you don't laugh you'll cry

Pulp Fiction is nowhere near the greatest movies of all time, I dont hate but I do not get the love at all.

Forrest Gump is trash and Tom Hanks movies arent that great either, with the exception of Big and the first 28 mins of Saving Private Ryan.

Pulp Fiction is nowhere near the greatest movies of all time, I dont hate but I do not get the love at all.

Forrest Gump is trash and Tom Hanks movies arent that great either, with the exception of Big and the first 28 mins of Saving Private Ryan.
ah here we go

Get Ready Pain GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Saving Private Ryan sucks

No love for Philidelphia?

I'd add The Burbs to that list of exceptions. I would call that his greatest comedy tbh. So many quotes.

Agree on FG tho. Great soundtrack, shite film.

First one isnt that hot.

First point of the second isnt that hot (although i disagree).

The remainder are hot, good gear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back