Mega Thread Harry Potter TV Series Announced!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not as against this as some people seem to be. If they make it a more faithful adaptation of the books and are able to include more book content due to the longer format then as long as the casting is good I think I will like it.

Also, if the show goes for long enough I hop they get the final bit with Harry and Voldemort correct which is my biggest criticism of the films. That abomination from the films should never have seen the light of day. "Come on Tom. Let's finish this how we started it. Together." I mean, what the actual hell was that crap?

340928278_212265608162142_3286220363127681226_n.jpg

I'm not as against this as some people seem to be. If they make it a more faithful adaptation of the books and are able to include more book content due to the longer format then as long as the casting is good I think I will like it.

Also, if the show goes for long enough I hop they get the final bit with Harry and Voldemort correct which is my biggest criticism of the films. That abomination from the films should never have seen the light of day. "Come on Tom. Let's finish this how we started it. Together." I mean, what the actual hell was that crap?

340928278_212265608162142_3286220363127681226_n.jpg

HBO + Harry Potter = :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

Thoroughly looking forward to a true book adaptation.

Absolutely stoked for this and hopefully the pull it off. My kids are going to be over the moon when I tell them.
Tbh if they pull it off, your kids shouldn't be watching the bits based on the last half of the books. The adult themes but more so graphic violence described, along with the very vague 'Harry swore' bits, is well within HBO's wheelhouse, if they choose to adapt it faithfully.

Or they can watch, of course they can. What I am saying though it shouldn't be catered to kids front and centre like the films tried.

And please... can we get a Harry with actually messy jet black hair, and emerald green eyes? Those two features of Harry are ******* drilled in to readers at every available opportunity. In the films we had Harry with brown accountants hair and non descript kinda blue eyes?

Tbh if they pull it off, your kids shouldn't be watching the bits based on the last half of the books. The adult themes but more so graphic violence described, along with the very vague 'Harry swore' bits, is well within HBO's wheelhouse, if they choose to adapt it faithfully.

Or they can watch, of course they can. What I am saying though it shouldn't be catered to kids front and centre like the films tried.
Yeah I hear you. I do hope that by the time they get released (5 or so years at least surely?) the kids will be ready.

I think it's stupid that they're redoing the Trio era stuff. There's so much that hasn't been covered. You could do Marauders or Founders or next generation. Even an exploration of how Riddle became Voldemort. Craziness.

I think it's stupid that they're redoing the Trio era stuff. There's so much that hasn't been covered. You could do Marauders or Founders or next generation. Even an exploration of how Riddle became Voldemort. Craziness.

That's Star Trek mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like the idea of Marauders, Founders, Tom->Volde. Next Gen not so much (Force Awakens, etc. nightmares)

I wouldn't mind a story focussed on the Weasley twins TBH

With the success of Hogwarts Legacy I would assume there will be a spin off at some stage tying into the game. I would especially love it as Phineas Nigellus is headmaster at the time.

Also, supposedly JK is going to be an executive producer on the show so that should ensure a faithful adaptation.

I’m very excited about the news of the TV series! For obvious reasons I would’ve preferred a marauders era prequel but I’ll take this. Despite her recent controversies I’m glad JKR will be involved too.

I on the other hand hope the keep some of the inaccuracies.

Can’t wait to see my wife lose her mind when they don’t show Sirius filling out the permission slip.
Or Hermione in a pink dress at the Yule Ball.... *twitches *

Remove this Banner Ad

Back