Mega Thread Harry Potter TV Series Announced!

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel sorry for the new cast. They are always going to be compared to the original cast and let's face it the original cast has some absolute top talent. Smith, Rickman, Fiennes, HBC, Isaacs, Gambon, Coltrane, Thewlis, Oldman and there's many others who excelled for a movie or so, Staunton and Branagh, immediately come to mind there. These are big shoes to fill for beloved characters.
David Tennant as Barty jr

This ruined the movies for me before they even started. Harry's hair gets cut off because it's so messy then it's back messy next day. In the movie he has a ******* bowl cut. I was out 10 minutes in.
And please... can we get a Harry with actually messy jet black hair, and emerald green eyes? Those two features of Harry are ******* drilled in to readers at every available opportunity. In the films we had Harry with brown accountants hair and non descript kinda blue eyes?

That is a good point. It is the same with Lupin and Sirius as well. They were only about 33-34 during Philosophers Stone. Whoever they get to play Lilly and James (if they do) needs to be in their early 20s.
Those two have an excuse for looking old, being a werewolf and being in Azkaban.

And they still looked less haggard than Snape.

Geeze Thewlis was perfect.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Those two have an excuse for looking old, being a werewolf and being in Azkaban.

And they still looked less haggard than Snape.

Geeze Thewlis was perfect.

There is a difference between looking old and haggard for you age and looking 15-20 years older than you are.

Gotta say that werewolf looked really badass. It’s the most striking thing I remember from those films but not sure which one it was though I always remember that.

And the little goblins climbing out of the water in the cave, spooky as hell.

Gotta say that werewolf looked really badass. It’s the most striking thing I remember from those films but not sure which one it was though I always remember that.

And the little goblins climbing out of the water in the cave, spooky as hell.
I know many people thought the werewolf sucked, but l loved the old-school design.

This series is on a hiding to nothing. The expectations that people will have are sky high.
The main expectations that I am getting is 'maybe they'll be more book accurate and a little more mature' which compared to the films, is not sky high at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we get more McGonagall scenes. IIRC she ends up something of a secondary mentor and support to Harry, that's fairly glossed over in the films. Felt her character was hard done by, especially seeing as I think she was perfectly cast and acted.

Gotta admit our whole household is super excited for this! All our HP gear is at the dry cleaners in readiness…it will be a big family viewing event here, food, drinks, scarves, even HP leggings haha.
6d5da350236942cc431fcf108588191f.jpeg

Will Rowling succumb to Some American actors?

I don't think it was her idea to hire only British actors for the films. As long as someone can do a convincing accent then I don't think there is any problem.

I don't think it was her idea to hire only British actors for the films. As long as someone can do a convincing accent then I don't think there is any problem.
One of her stipulations when selling the rights was that only British actors be cast:

I thought the few named actors I already saw were American, could be wrong though.

Did see that the actor who played Draco will be playing the dad now, Lucifer Malfoy. That I like
Tom Felton? Oh I love that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back