Mega Thread Harry Potter TV Series Announced!

Remove this Banner Ad

I on the other hand hope the keep some of the inaccuracies.

Can’t wait to see my wife lose her mind when they don’t show Sirius filling out the permission slip.

Is your missus one of those "this wasn't in the books" people?

The same as "they've left so much out."

Just finished reading the books for the first time in 10 years... served as a timely reminder how deep they are and how comprehensive the content could be.

The only thing is, the first three movies excellently covered the content of the books - as the early novels were simpler in structure.

It'll be everything from Goblet of Fire that could be fleshed out in much, much greater detail.

Why don't you think he'd do it?

From memory there was some conflict with another actor that prevented his involvement with the original films.

Too similar a role to Gandalf. I very highly doubt he would want to play another old long white bearded wizard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh if they pull it off, your kids shouldn't be watching the bits based on the last half of the books. The adult themes but more so graphic violence described, along with the very vague 'Harry swore' bits, is well within HBO's wheelhouse, if they choose to adapt it faithfully.

Or they can watch, of course they can. What I am saying though it shouldn't be catered to kids front and centre like the films tried.
The books were made for kids- if the series is unsuited to children that's a breakdown in adjusting to your target audience.

Cool I guess as I’d never even heard of Harry Potter until the film series came out. I saw 2 of the movies and they seemed pretty well done so why the TV show, were the motion pictures not well received by fans or the author, or is it just time for another adaptation?

With her onboard as ExPro it’s guaranteed to please hardcore followers unlike that Lord of the Rings series that has absolutely polarized Tolkien fans and disgusted the Middle Earth aficionados.

Cool I guess as I’d never even heard of Harry Potter until the film series came out. I saw 2 of the movies and they seemed pretty well done so why the TV show, were the motion pictures not well received by fans or the author, or is it just time for another adaptation?

With her onboard as ExPro it’s guaranteed to please hardcore followers unlike that Lord of the Rings series that has absolutely polarized Tolkien fans and disgusted the Middle Earth aficionados.

There is a lot that the films left out or changed for no reason. The first 3 films are pretty good but from the 4th onwards the books just got too big for them to be fully adapted.

The movies sucked. So much. Nowhere near as good as the books.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back