Streaming Secret Invasion (Marvel on Disney+)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Catching up late.

It's been good, but this would have been better as a movie. Pacing and writing need to be a bit more punchy.

Most of the shows have either been good but way too short, or average quality and time wasted.

Loki and Hawkeye IMO feel like the only shows that made the best use of the episodes they had.

I've loved the tone of the show though and the acting has been top notch. Just think this should have either been a slightly more superficial spy like movie - or a deeper character dive over a longer stretch of episodes.

I didn't enjoy the finale as much as I thought it would. Bit of a let down after a decent build up.
A battle to the death was a bit cliche for Marvel. But I did like how G'iah was Fury and I have to say I didn't pick that. Imagine having all the powers of The Avengers in one person, that's wild.

Last edited:
Finale a big let down for mine.

Started well but then just reverted to filler episodes with the usual McGuffin MCU finale. Writing in the final 2 episodes was terrible.

Some really strong performances saved this from being worse than it was.

This could have been a story to setup an entire phase of Marvel but in the end like most of the MCU shows it widens the universe only to shrink it back down in the last 15 minutes.

None of the content post End Game from memory has been super contingent on other stories, so I'm not sure why they can't invest more in more engaging stories.

Wasn't outright terrible, but I don't feel like I would have missed out having skipped this.

Underwhelmed with that. Not surprising the finale was a bit of a letdown, it’s been a thing with the MCU series on Disney+ where I consistently feel the series overall is better than the final episode itself.

The run time of the last two episodes were approx 36 minutes each. Just too short. Too many convenient things happen, editing is a bit all over the shop.

I’ll comfortably say the series lost steam without Mendehlson. He was outstanding in this. As was Olivia Colman.

Excellent first half to the season. It was an 8.5-9/10. From there though, meh. It fell away to around a 5.5-6/10 for me.

I actually thought it was alright. Maybe I was just expecting it to be worse.

A few things:

• So how long was Rhodey a Skrull? He was struggling to walk once coming down, so it was him until at least Civil War?
    [*]Gravik is definitely dead? I get G'iah now has the Marvel skills - there's obviously something involved in that power that stops him from healing himself?
    [*]I was so lost with what G'iah walked in on at the end? Were they all human?
    [*]Samuel L Jackson making out with an AI nothing would've been amusing to watch

I actually thought it was alright. Maybe I was just expecting it to be worse.

A few things:

• So how long was Rhodey a Skrull? He was struggling to walk once coming down, so it was him until at least Civil War?
    [*]Gravik is definitely dead? I get G'iah now has the Marvel skills - there's obviously something involved in that power that stops him from healing himself?
    [*]I was so lost with what G'iah walked in on at the end? Were they all human?
    [*]Samuel L Jackson making out with an AI nothing would've been amusing to watch
I think the injury G'iah did to Gravik that killed him was just too severe for his body to self heal, and that's why he died. That suggests G'iah can be killed too.
The million Skrulls on Earth have taken over the lives of real humans, and the bodies at the end represented the humans put on ice by the Skrulls while they impersonated them.

Last edited:
I think the injury G'iah did to Gravik that killed him was just too severe for his body to self heal, and that's why he died. That suggests G'iah can be killed too.
The million Skrulls on Earth have taken over the lives of real humans, and the bodies at the end represented the humans put on ice by the Skrulls while they impersonated them.
Why was G'iah so shocked by the number? Would've thought she'd have been acutely aware of how far they'd spread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They shouldnt have killed him off.

A poor decision in the end. It was largely glossed over as well since. Aside from the passing mention of his name. The highlight of the earlier episodes were conversations between him and Fury. And him and his daughter. Give me more of that anyday rather than the over the top CGI fest finale fight duel.

A case in point regarding my issue with the editing and the unnecessarily short run times. There’s a scene of Giah in the back of the van with Talos’ body. Clearly theres a moment here, some words spoken by her, anything really. However the final product is just a panning shot of them, and then bang. Nothing. Onto the next scene.

Missed opportunities throughout this season I felt. It just shouldn’t be happening as much as it is with the higher bar the MCU had set for itself prior.

A poor decision in the end. It was largely glossed over as well since. Aside from the passing mention of his name. The highlight of the earlier episodes were conversations between him and Fury. And him and his daughter. Give me more of that anyday rather than the over the top CGI fest finale fight duel.

A case in point regarding my issue with the editing and the unnecessarily short run times. There’s a scene of Giah in the back of the van with Talos’ body. Clearly theres a moment here, some words spoken by her, anything really. However the final product is just a panning shot of them, and then bang. Nothing. Onto the next scene.

Missed opportunities throughout this season I felt. It just shouldn’t be happening as much as it is with the higher bar the MCU had set for itself prior.

And whatever happened to Huel Jr?

I forgot what that general looked like so wss he saved with Rhodey & Ross?

I didn't enjoy the finale as much as I thought it would. Bit of a let down after a decent build up.
A battle to the death was a bit cliche for Marvel. But I did like how G'iah was Fury and I have to say I didn't pick that. Imagine having all the powers of The Avengers in one person, that's wild.
+Thanos as well just quietly. She’s basically unstoppable

And whatever happened to Huel Jr?

I forgot what that general looked like so wss he saved with Rhodey & Ross?

Valid questions. Speaking of Ross: was he a skrull in Wakanda Forever as well? The timelines and continuity is all over the shop.

Am still pondering what happened to the son of the submarine captain haha.

I guess we'll find out in season 2.
I’d be staggered if there was a season 2. All the streamers are finding out TV shows and movies direct to streaming are big money losers. This show cost 200 million believe it or not so I think if they’re going to spend that much again it will be on a movie so they can at least get a return on it.

Didn't mind it, but it felt more like an 'End of Part One' than a finale.

I suppose, if there IS a Season Two, we could see more of Mendehlson. His Skrull persona may be dead but the human he impersonated might be still alive and could play a part in things to come.

And I wouldn't mind if Sonya was the lead in any future series - who needs Fury?

Didn't mind it, but it felt more like an 'End of Part One' than a finale.

I suppose, if there IS a Season Two, we could see more of Mendehlson. His Skrull persona may be dead but the human he impersonated might be still alive and could play a part in things to come.

And I wouldn't mind if Sonya was the lead in any future series - who needs Fury?

He took that persona in the 90s though. So that person would be very old or dead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back