Streaming Secret Invasion (Marvel on Disney+)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Was the son a skrull as well?

I dont think so. The people that have been replaced are being held in those machines and they didnt show the kid. Im assuming the real dad is still alive and those people will be saved at least the father will.

Its basically that the same premise that Agents of Shield did when they had the Life Model Decoys (LMDs) replacing actual characters even down to the real people being kept alive in similar machines. Im guessing they are going to use the same tactic to show Rhodes is in one of those machines if they reveal he is a Skrull.

aida.jpg

Was the son a skrull as well?

I thought as much at first however Vast’s explanation has convinced me otherwise.

It just more so bizarre not to cut back to him. He’s last seen refusing water and asking if they’re gonna kill his dad. But then after that, nowhere to be seen.

Another great episode.

Naturally SLJ and Ben M are great, but Kingsley Ben-Adir is great as Gravik too.

It was obviously Rhodes on the line at the end wasn't it?

Rhodes was quite clearly a skrull. They almost made that too obvious.

Excellent finish. Although he Gravik was able to get so close to Talos was odd. Some Groot powers on display as well after that tease a few episodes ago.

The episode was too short it felt. That runtime breezed past. Only 2 to go, damn.

Rhodes was quite clearly a skrull. They almost made that too obvious.

Excellent finish. Although he Gravik was able to get so close to Talos was odd. Some Groot powers on display as well after that tease a few episodes ago.

The episode was too short it felt. That runtime breezed past. Only 2 to go, damn.
They did make it super obvious in his mannerisms and some of his dialogue - reckon that would've been fun to act though.

Talos going is really disappointing.

They're doing an awesome job with Nick's emotional range in this series. The anguish on his face when Talos was hit was so good.

They did make it super obvious in his mannerisms and some of his dialogue - reckon that would've been fun to act though.

Talos going is really disappointing.

They're doing an awesome job with Nick's emotional range in this series. The anguish on his face when Talos was hit was so good.

Would be very disappointed if that was the end of Talos. Any scene with Mendehlson is a stand out. There’s only so many times they can do the death fake out to end an episode, so am interested to see what happens next time.

Would be very disappointed if that was the end of Talos. Any scene with Mendehlson is a stand out. There’s only so many times they can do the death fake out to end an episode, so am interested to see what happens next time.
That's becoming my concern. If they keep coming back after dying, it kind of makes the dying part pointless.

Surprised this is such a short season, really enjoying this one.

That's becoming my concern. If they keep coming back after dying, it kind of makes the dying part pointless.

Surprised this is such a short season, really enjoying this one.

Yep, needed more than 6 episodes. One of my gripes about the various Disney+ series, some of them are just too short. From the running time to the overall number of episodes, it baffles me sometimes (Obi Wan being the prime example).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, needed more than 6 episodes. One of my gripes about the various Disney+ series, some of them are just too short. From the running time to the overall number of episodes, it baffles me sometimes (Obi Wan being the prime example).
It's like they're putting a 'feeler' first season out to gauge the interest first and then progress from there.

This is the best Marvel TV show I've tuned into since Wandavision and yet it's got 2 eps left just like that.

Think this could have easily been a movie.

Also funny that the skrulls have made themselves super as they expect the supers to show up.... but they never do...

I was almost expecting one of more to show up in that attack. Surely Britain has some? One British superheroine of the past was 'Spitfire' (Jacqueline Falsworth) daughter of the original 'Union Jack'.

Since Sonya is a Falsworth, I have been wondering if she has any super-powers (and what her relation to Spitfire might be).

It's like they're putting a 'feeler' first season out to gauge the interest first and then progress from there.

This is the best Marvel TV show I've tuned into since Wandavision and yet it's got 2 eps left just like that.

Yes even WandaVision’s finale felt slightly rushed/undercooked for me. Which it was reported afterwards that there was supposed to be a 10th episode however production was impacted due to Covid.

Back to Secret Invasion, really enjoying this series. 2 episodes to go seems too short with all of the various plot threads to tie up. Hoping they’re at least 50-60 minute episode lengths at least (of which we know ten minutes is already allocated to recap, credits etc).

Binged the first four episodes today and enjoying it. The acting is high quality. It's good that it's got the same director for the whole thing - some shows differ in tone and quality between episodes.

Can someone help me out with something I may have missed. If Raava has taken the form of James Rhodes what has happened to the real James Rhodes?

The show isnt "bad" but if this is the best Marvel can spit out in this universe its all going down hill IMO

When was the last real quality production? Loki? Even that wasnt that good

On a slow death after Endgame unless something drastic revitalizes the universe, ie X-Men

Noticeably more violent than the rest of the MCU. More visible blood etc. It suits the tone as well and isn’t done just for the sake of it.

When I saw the episode length was only 39 minutes, damn. Good episode again. Just the one to go now. Damn.

Was hoping for the Ezekiel 25;17 reference on Fury’s tombstone again haha. But as explained that’s another location.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back