Star Wars Ahsoka [Starts 23rd August on Disney+]

Remove this Banner Ad

Just over a month away. Finally see Lars as Thrawn in this trailer. So many nods and easter eggs relating to Rebels.

Am pumped.

Teaser trailer.

I get the sense that Thrawn isn't going to get a lot of screen time based on the trailers and that Disney would want to keep him around for a few series as the popular big baddie.

Interesting we got the shot of the New Republic fleet. We might actually get a fleet battle.

I get the sense that Thrawn isn't going to get a lot of screen time based on the trailers and that Disney would want to keep him around for a few series as the popular big baddie.
IIRC, they plan to wrap up all these series with a big movie in 2027, so you may be right that Thrawn will only meet his demise after Snoke takes control of The New Order and the SW Galaxy. If Thrawn (like Gideon) has designs on becoming the next Emperor of the Galaxy, he will face Snoke, and (this is not a spoiler) we already know Snoke won. But it will be interesting to see if they nail that journey. It could be some of the best SW we've ever seen with all these buildup series.

IIRC, they plan to wrap up all these series with a big movie in 2027, so you may be right that Thrawn will only meet his demise after Snoke takes control of The New Order and the SW Galaxy. If Thrawn (like Gideon) has designs on becoming the next Emperor of the Galaxy, he will face Snoke, and (this is not a spoiler) we already know Snoke won. But it will be interesting to see if they nail that journey. It could be some of the best SW we've ever seen with all these buildup series.
It might be also a way for Disney to canonically tie up what happened to the actual main Imperial Remnant and the various warlord groups as they just seem to disappear in the lore and we are left to guess.

No spoiler, but going 2nd hand off the missus, Thrawn is painted in a different light from how he was portrayed in Rebels vs the new set of books by Timothy Zahn. So what we see in the trailer may not be how it seems (which is a good thing).

Not straight forward conventional good vs evil which appears to be a theme of this show, and not shown through the modern janky lens that the new trilogy did.

Looks good. A lot going on and plenty of plot threads that I’m intrigued by (who are these force sensitive non Jedi we see, Inquisitor like with their lightsaber handle and colour choices).

Keen. Hoping it really delivers after the promise of Book of Boba Fett and Obi Wan etc that ultimately left me feeling that they could have, and should have, been so much better.

I haven't consumed any SW content since Visions came out (or was Mando after that?). Unsure if that's a good or bad thing but have enjoyed the breather. This has crept up a bit but I'm hoping it's a return to form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ditto.

Don’t want to get too excited but all the trailers look awesome. More trailers suggests they are confident.

Interesting they haven’t showed Ezra much.

Doesn't more trailers suggest they're worried and are trying to convince people? If they were confident they wouldn't show anything and would let the hype build.

Doesn't more trailers suggest they're worried and are trying to convince people? If they were confident they wouldn't show anything and would let the hype build.

i think if they were showing the same trailer over and over again sure but they seem to be content to show quite a bit of footage

i think if they were showing the same trailer over and over again sure but they seem to be content to show quite a bit of footage

But that's what I mean, they're showing more than they really should be, suggests they're scared people won't watch otherwise.

I'll watch and hopefully enjoy it, but a bit worried we're already seeing the best bits.

I'll watch and hopefully enjoy it, but a bit worried we're already seeing the best bits.

Definitely a concern! but some of the spoilers suggest Ezra has a decent role and he isn't even in the trailers.

on the back of a boba fett -> Obi wan -> Mandorlian S3 (should i say Bo-katan season1?) it probably makes sense the viewership has dropped off.

They do have Acolyte + Skeleton Crew coming so hopefully this does re-invigorate the franchise a bit.

But that's what I mean, they're showing more than they really should be, suggests they're scared people won't watch otherwise.

This is why I haven't watched the trailers, just in case they show way too much that ruins things when season drops, as say, more I read on Acolyte the more I am umming about that one after being semi excited about it originally.

LF I am just convinced they're covering their arses so probably just validating "lookit the work I did, it'll sell I promise".

Have absolutely no faith in this, but hope to be pleasantly surprised.

It's about cartoon characters, thought you wouldn't even be watching? ;)

It's about cartoon characters, thought you wouldn't even be watching? ;)
That's part of the reason I have little faith in this. It's a continuation of a story myself and plenty of other Star Wars fans haven't seen. Hopefully they use Anakin effectively in flashbacks to flesh out Ahsoka's past and frame the events without expecting people to have watched Rebels. I watched season 1, which puts me ahead of plenty of Star Wars fans that likely haven't.

The other reason is obvious decline in quality from Favreau and Filoni. Mandalorian season 3 was worse than 2, which was worse than 1. Book of Boba Fett was poor. Obi-Wan had its moments but clearly could have been better. The shows seem to be shedding viewers, my prediction is if Ahsoka doesn't stick the beginning and bring people up to speed immediately in a way that is entertaining, they will shed more, and Filoni's promised movie will become a Disney+ special.

Of course it's live action Star Wars, I'll watch it. But I do hope for a turnaround in TV quality. Andor is the gold standard, I have higher hopes for The Acolyte. Skeleton Crew could be anything at this point.

That's part of the reason I have little faith in this. It's a continuation of a story myself and plenty of other Star Wars fans haven't seen. Hopefully they use Anakin effectively in flashbacks to flesh out Ahsoka's past and frame the events without expecting people to have watched Rebels. I watched season 1, which puts me ahead of plenty of Star Wars fans that likely haven't.

The other reason is obvious decline in quality from Favreau and Filoni. Mandalorian season 3 was worse than 2, which was worse than 1. Book of Boba Fett was poor. Obi-Wan had its moments but clearly could have been better. The shows seem to be shedding viewers, my prediction is if Ahsoka doesn't stick the beginning and bring people up to speed immediately in a way that is entertaining, they will shed more, and Filoni's promised movie will become a Disney+ special.

Of course it's live action Star Wars, I'll watch it. But I do hope for a turnaround in TV quality. Andor is the gold standard, I have higher hopes for The Acolyte. Skeleton Crew could be anything at this point.

I think in another preview video KK mentioned that anyone can jump into this, so imagine it will be framed as you mentioned. I know people didn't like Kenobi but the short flashbacks were good.

I do wonder if the the reason for the drop in quality of the shows was due to the focus of F&F on this at the expense of the others.

Agree as well they kinda need to have a strong start. If the emotional hook of Anakin/Ahsoka is the backbone of the show it should be good. I do worry they will try an shoehorn too much in. There's 8 episodes so it's about the sweet spot.

Andor is on another level on its own. Can't see anything SW rivalling that for a long time.

But yeah, there is the potential for this to be really good, but understand likewise it can easily bomb if not done right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back