Streaming Secret Invasion (Marvel on Disney+)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Making it up as they go along.

The difference in quality and semblance of a well crafted arc between the current phase and pre End Game is stark (pun intended).

Im gonna pretend that isnt true.

Cmon Fiege fix this.

I’m amazed it was even allowed under Feige’s watch to begin with. Perhaps he’s spread too thin now with the number of projects that has been pumped out in recent years.

Fully expecting a retcon in Armour Wars. Some kind of throwaway line where Rhodey says something like “yeah like that time I was a skrull for 6 months”.

How it even got to this point though, who knows.

The show was fine, even very good at times (usually when Jackson was just chatting with Mendelssohn and Colman, or the final confrontation with Gravik). But for what is supposed to be such a big event, it didn’t really feel like the show had anything to say. There was no real underlying themes, just a plot to stop.

The show was fine, even very good at times (usually when Jackson was just chatting with Mendelssohn and Colman, or the final confrontation with Gravik). But for what is supposed to be such a big event, it didn’t really feel like the show had anything to say. There was no real underlying themes, just a plot to stop.

This is a good point, yes. Choosing the name Secret Invasion comes with significant hype and expectation. Whilst these live action adaptations are clearly not like for like we’ve seen before with Civil War, Infinity War etc, these are still very significant comic book events that are done justice in the MCU.

Secret Invasion really could’ve just been titled “Fury” or a variation of that. The highlights for me remain the character study elements (any scenes with Mendehlson, Jackson and Colman) the quality of acting was first class. Otherwise though, it just didn’t deliver what it could have/should have been.

I couldn't make it through the first episode and seems like I may have been onto something.

In fact, the only Marvel shows I've been able to finish are Wandavision and Hawkeye. Absolute trash.

I'm about as big a Marvel defender as you can get

But ******* hell that finale was horrible. Really disappointing series.

Olivia Colman could have shot the fake Don Cheadle at any time to prove he was a scrote. Nick Fury could have shot him last episode. But the flimsy plot needed to keep him alive.

The evil guy could have killed the fake Nick Fury at any time. But no, he keeps him alive and in the machine so Daenerys also gets all the Avengers superpowers. The two of them have amazing powers of recovery but inexplicably a blast in the stomach kills the bad guy.

The people rescued from the pods don't seem to suffer from the radiation where they have been stored and released into.

The evil guy could have killed the fake Nick Fury at any time. But no, he keeps him alive and in the machine so Daenerys also gets all the Avengers superpowers.

This is where it completely falls apart for me. Kingsley Ben-Adir's acting was great - but it couldn't save the horrible writing.

It wasn't even a 'ill torture you and enjoy every moment scene' either.

This is where it completely falls apart for me. Kingsley Ben-Adir's acting was great - but it couldn't save the horrible writing.

It wasn't even a 'ill torture you and enjoy every moment scene' either.

It was such a poorly conceived plan they had, so much luck required and so much convenience. Handing the harvest to him in the hope that a) he uses it straight away b) he doesn’t kill “Fury” on the spot and c) that he just so happens to use the machine whilst Fury/G’iah remain inside the machine as well for some random reason thus granting her the same powers and hoping she can defeat him in combat.

Laughable really in an otherwise more “adult” oriented show that. This stuff would be lambasted in the DC world. I recall article after article tearing Luthor’s Doomsday plan apart from BvS.

This is hard to defend in the MCU as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn't make it through the first episode and seems like I may have been onto something.

In fact, the only Marvel shows I've been able to finish are Wandavision and Hawkeye. Absolute trash.

weeks go by and i havent watched any eps since the second. When i realise i think to myself hey you gotta continue. then i do something else.

it hasnt gripped me sadly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back