Star Wars Star Wars - General Discussion / Legends / Comics

Remove this Banner Ad

"Steady stream" from 83 to 92 is.. an interesting interpretation.

But you're sort of answering your own statement, right? We've always had a ton of Star Wars. Why just because these projects are on TV does that make them 'too much'?

There's an idea, to me anyway, that once it hits the screens it becomes real.

To me, games, novels, comics, etc, have always been not more than professional fanfictions, take it or leave it.

Well, once it is on a screen, you can no longer leave it. It's a part of Star Wars that is no longer yours, but someone elses, and they are just showing it to you, not sharing it with you. It has to be acknowledged. It removes some of that 'fill in the gaps' nature of things that fans previously had, by filling in the gaps themselves.

Anyway there was a steady stream of games and the awful ewok films and animated shows. Also Star Wars fans could follow Lucas to his other projects like Indiana Jones, George Lucas was for better or worse, Star Wars. Since the Disney acquisition that personal level of a man and his (incredibly giant franchise it became overnight) creation is no more. It's now 100% a cooperate entity.

Again, probably just to me though.

These are the fundamental notes I would've given my writers to work off for 7-8-9; they take the rest from there, but as you can see, they wouldn't have liked that Luke plays a strong role that would've overshadowed their Mary Sue. I wouldn't care because I'm not KK/Disney and I know the fans care a lot more about Luke than the new kids on the block.

Episode 7

- Rise and fall of Ben Solo
- Rey is a student at Luke's academy; a no one, just a talented Force user but a bit arrogant.
- Luke's academy destroyed
- Han dies
- Republic is strong; Empire is weak
- No superweapon

Episode 8

- Leia turns Ben back to the light
- Luke kills the Knights of Ren
- Rey falls to the dark side
- Rise of the Empire, Phasma influential in rising
- Leia sacrifices herself to save Republic

Episode 9

- Luke kills Snoke (Plagueis)
- Ben turns Rey back to the light
- Empire defeated, Finn leads stormtrooper revolt

As for the new content, I can't wait to see what Waititi does.

The Agents of the New Republic show apparently ties into a bigger event, as does Ahsoka and Mando.

There's an idea, to me anyway, that once it hits the screens it becomes real.

To me, games, novels, comics, etc, have always been not more than professional fanfictions, take it or leave it.

Well, once it is on a screen, you can no longer leave it. It's a part of Star Wars that is no longer yours, but someone elses, and they are just showing it to you, not sharing it with you. It has to be acknowledged. It removes some of that 'fill in the gaps' nature of things that fans previously had, by filling in the gaps themselves.

Anyway there was a steady stream of games and the awful ewok films and animated shows. Also Star Wars fans could follow Lucas to his other projects like Indiana Jones, George Lucas was for better or worse, Star Wars. Since the Disney acquisition that personal level of a man and his (incredibly giant franchise it became overnight) creation is no more. It's now 100% a cooperate entity.

Again, probably just to me though.

Claiming Indiana Jones and other projects as Star Wars content is certainly something lol.

If books and comics are glorified fan fics then these TV shows are just glorified fan films.

Is anyone else concerned they're about to oversaturate Star Wars again? After canning everything except Mandalorian to reassess following the reception of the sequels, it looks like they are going to dive right back in even though it's only in the last three weeks that goodwill has been recovered.
Doesn't worry me, it's about the quality not the quantity. 26 or so Marvel movies in 12 years and nearly every one has been good to great. Even the bad ones aren't really bad, just meh. It can be done.

Seems like Disney realised they ****ed up with the sequel trilogy and now going to make all these shows and movies based in/around the prequels and original trilogy (I have hope)

I'll refuse to watch Star Wars - The Acolyte which will be created/written by Leslye Headland who's only been hired to push KK's agenda that show will tank

Seems like Disney realised they f’ed up with the sequel trilogy and now going to make all these shows and movies based in/around the prequels and original trilogy (I have hope)

I'll refuse to watch Star Wars - The Acolyte which will be created/written by Leslye Headland who's only been hired to push KK's agenda that show will tank

They are also making shows outside that period.
Agenda? Lol

Seems like Disney realised they f’ed up with the sequel trilogy and now going to make all these shows and movies based in/around the prequels and original trilogy (I have hope)

You are so bloody painful lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In saying that I am looking forward to the new Star Wars content that Disney announced recently they have a really good chance now to redeem Star Wars and win fans back imo
As long as it's made by men and starring men, amirite?

The Acolyte looks almost the most interesting of the announcements because it's a different era and an original premise.

The Acolyte is now my most anticipated new SW show or movie. Finally, we get the two things ive most been anxious for — an era way outside of the Skywalker Saga, and, a darkside based focus. This could be the most epic thing ever in TV history. Even if its not about Plagueis, but itd be great if it was.

As long as it's made by men and starring men, amirite?

The Acolyte looks almost the most interesting of the announcements because it's a different era and an original premise.
they just want to see remakes of the original trilogy and with only 2 women in the entire series

Yoda could be in this timeline, yes/no? Another person suggested perhaps in The Acolyte a young Yoda learns about the rule of two but keeps that knowledge hidden....based on.....

Ki-Adi-Mundi said, "The Sith have been extinct for a millenia" in The Phantom Menace but also in the same movie Yoda said , "Always two there are, no more, no less." So how does he know about The Rule of Two, when Jedi believed they have been extinct for a millenia and that is why The Rule of Two was established by Darth Bane, so the Jedi can't know about their existence till Darth Maul shows up. But Yoda knows very well about The Rule of Two and Darth Bane (Clone Wars season 6)

Yoda could be in this timeline, yes/no? Another person suggested perhaps in The Acolyte a young Yoda learns about the rule of two but keeps that knowledge hidden....based on.....

Ki-Adi-Mundi said, "The Sith have been extinct for a millenia" in The Phantom Menace but also in the same movie Yoda said , "Always two there are, no more, no less." So how does he know about The Rule of Two, when Jedi believed they have been extinct for a millenia and that is why The Rule of Two was established by Darth Bane, so the Jedi can't know about their existence till Darth Maul shows up. But Yoda knows very well about The Rule of Two and Darth Bane (Clone Wars season 6)
He's confirmed in high republic and not exactly young, he's almost 700.

The Acolyte is now my most anticipated new SW show or movie. Finally, we get the two things ive most been anxious for — an era way outside of the Skywalker Saga, and, a darkside based focus. This could be the most epic thing ever in TV history. Even if its not about Plagueis, but itd be great if it was.

I don't believe you GG

What exactly is this so called KK agenda? I keep hearing about it but don’t know what it’s meant to mean.

She's in the view that there is not enough women characters/female Star Wars fans she thinks Star Wars is just full of nerdy males when she's totally wrong there has always been female star wars fans and characters.

She's in the view that there is not enough women characters/female Star Wars fans she thinks Star Wars is just full of nerdy males when she's totally wrong there has always been female star wars fans and characters.
Exactly! So having more Star Wars characters who are female is totally fine, right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back