Preview 2021 Internal Trial: Crow v Crow, 20/2/21 10.30am ACDT

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

he doesn’t do enough at stoppages
Bingo.

Yes his starting position may have been mid/wing but he struggles to be usefull there. No usefull defensive or offensive positioning. Just there.

Compared to Schoenberg, Pedlar and Berry who are younger yet know what to do in traffic. McHenry is good too. A natural guy in traffic, with an attacking nous

Drifts down forward and seems to know what to do to meet the ball at that part of the ground and be productive. Quite good there.

He is a forward.

I don't think Jones is a bad player. He just won't be the player many here want him to be.

Now you could argue we wasted that draft spot on such a role. But in the wash up three years on, we have a good small/mid forward (Jones) a good genuine attacking forward (McHenry) and a potential blue chip mid in Hately.

I will take that from that draft.

I bet when Jones plays his (limited) role after 200 game (he will play 200+ games), he will be a whipping boy. Like DMac.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bingo.

Yes his starting position may have been mid/wing but he struggles to be usefull there. No usefully defensive or offensive positioning. Just there.

Compared to Schoenberg, Pedlar and Berry who are younger yet know what to do in traffic. McHenry is good too. A natural guy in traffic, with an attacking nous

Drifts down forward and seems to know what to do to meet the ball at that part of the ground and be productive. Quite good there.

He is a forward.

Now you could argue we wasted that draft spot on such a role. But in the wash up three years on, we have a good small/mid forward (Jones) a good genuine attacking forward (McHenry) and a potential blue chip mid in Hately.

I will take that from that draft.

I bet when Jones plays his (limited) role after 200 games, he will be a whipping boy. Like DMac.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Why is his role limited? Lots of natural talent there, good overhead mark, good set shot and has good positioning up forward. Despite questions of his stoppage work, he had some very nice centre clearances last season and had a game where he was our leading clearance player. Has also shown an ability to stick tackles. Why can’t he be our version of the Toby Greene role?

Tex is a lock after today...agility and flexibility looked to have returned.
He seriously does look like he has lost weight .....he says every year he's lost kg's, but I never see any difference .....today I did

Himmelberg is a serious player :cool:

he doesn’t do enough at stoppages
I don't think we use him well enough (yet) at stoppages. 2 inside bulls is enough, then having someone of his pace on ball or wing to get it forward would improve our impact.

Hately got a tonne of the ball but, under pressure, doesn't have the quality kick to drive it forward. I'd love a Jones (or Sholl) just outside Hately to take a handball and burst away before delivering to our forwards.

He seriously does look like he has lost weight .....he says every year he's lost kg's, but I never see any difference .....today I did

Himmelberg is a serious player :cool:
Even if Berg doesn’t hold the mark, he seems strong at ground level now too and players find it hard to tackle him, allowing him to get the handball to a running player

Even if Berg doesn’t hold the mark, he seems strong at ground level now too and players find it hard to tackle him, allowing him to get the handball to a running player
People underestimate that Berg has great footy nouse .....he's a thinker

And I reckon the Thilthorpe to the wing experiment just proved the coaches are struggling with it too.
They're just letting him run around and enjoy some footy.

Thilthorpe eventually replaces Tex but it's not this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably Hamill was my only disappointment.

I still really like the lad, but he did almost nothing today.

Post-Tex: Berg and Thilthorpe as the pack marking twin towers. Who can also cover the ground and pick up a ground ball.

And Fog as the lead-up CHF with mongrel and the big kick

😛😛

Pressed pause 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter. Came back later and there was nothing there :(
I'm not convinced that media player actually pauses your spot and lets you pick up live footy from the same point.

My views of today

Pedlar is "SOME" player in the making :whitecheck:

Berry not far behind ....love his tackling & aggression

Seedsman .....back to his best today I thought :whitecheck:

ROB .....looked to be cruising, as Strachan broke even

Ronin O'Connor .....did some very nice things, promising :whitecheck:

Thilthorpe on a wing .....yes please :whitecheck:

McHenry ....big improvements in his possession rate, going to have a good year :whitecheck:

More of the same from Fog :( ......Tex looking great :)

McAsey another 2nd year blues man :( .....our KPD without Talia an issue

Back