Autopsy Rd 5 BELTED! Power turns the Blues lights out

Who player well for the Blues vs Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for the intrusion and for the loss. Just wanted to say that Walsh is becoming a phenomenal player. He is every bit as good as Selwood was in his 3rd year. Selwood was AA in year three and has obviously had a HOF worthy career since. I think Walsh is absolutely on the same path.

Good luck next week and for the season.

Who in the team right now is an obvious trier and carer for the team? No matter about playing ability or faults, but who do you know every week will give it everything?

Cripps - often gets criticised for trying too hard, yes it gets him in trouble but he obviously cares immensely.
Walsh
Cottrell
Docherty
Jones
Weitering
Curnow

That about it? Not too many out there right now..

losing the game is not what i found disappointing. I expected a loss as they are a certain premiership contender and we are not. its more to do with how shiite we looked and not seeing much of an improvement in certain aspects of our game. This also applies to the freo and suns wins.

for example by now we should be able to see signs that we can move the ball by stringing together a few passes by hand or foot without turning it over, we should be seeing more leads by forwards and hitting them lace out (eg eddie to H), we should see more effective tackling, we should see more consistent efforts (we now have quiet a few seasoned afl bodies) as it appears we cant apply adequate pressure/intensity for more than 1-2 games in a row.

instead each week we see the same old poor skill errors, same dumb plays by certain players, no obvious game play apart from bomb it long into f50, etc etc.

I reckon that was just one of those games where everything goes wrong. They kicked everything, we missed everything, every 50/50 didn’t go our way. We are not a good enough side to win those sort of nights especially with our ridiculous injury list. I take some solace that we stayed with them as long as we did.

Hopefully it’s 1 week closer to getting some troops back.

Who in the team right now is an obvious trier and carer for the team? No matter about playing ability or faults, but who do you know every week will give it everything?

Cripps - often gets criticised for trying too hard, yes it gets him in trouble but he obviously cares immensely.
Walsh
Cottrell
Docherty
Jones
Weitering
Curnow

Walsh has become a Brownlow smokey on current form; give it his all, team first mentality. Cannot wait for him to be our captain - 2023 seasons my bet

Walsh
Cottrell
Docherty
Jones
Weitering
Curnow

Saad, Fogarty, Betts, Williams...

Would you guys trade Walsh for our next five 1st round picks?
Walsh has become a Brownlow smokey on current form; give it his all, team first mentality. Cannot wait for him to be our captain - 2023 seasons my bet
Ollie wines is 26 and is just becoming ready to take the captaincy, you don't want to rush this players need to respect captains and age is not just a number.

Walsh
Cottrell
Docherty
Jones
Weitering
Curnow

So Pittonet, Betts, Plowman, Casboult, Fogarty, SPS, just to name a few don’t or didn’t last night? Spare me - some of the leaders you mentioned above, butchered the ball more....than this group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The momentum and energy of the players was done when Cripps missed a easy shot
From 30 and they got a goal from the kick out.
Unacceptable for our captain and arguably our best player to consistently miss shots like that.
Walsh has overtaken Cripps imo

I mean, last week they beat Richmond without trying for a direct counter to their pressure game; they went head to head with a side that won 3 flags in 4 years, and were just better. Not better for 5 minutes, but missed more shots in the last quarter that they should've kicked. They're a bloody good team, and that third term is about as good a quarter of footy as they've played this year.

I've got to question what y'all thought was going to happen. They're that much better than us at a neutral venue, probably a little more at home a little less here; we played poorly, and they played well. They're not usually clinical; they usually do enough to get clear then play slow classy footy. They were clinical tonight; whenever we goaled, they answered quickly. Whenever we got a sliver of confidence or that faintest of hope, they snuffed it out.

So, I log on here, and what do I see? The same bunch of people I always see after a loss, doing as they always do. Am I happy with how things proceed? Nope. I'm pretty ******* shitty. But I can think of few things I can stomach less than the weakness of the so called 'supporters' on here. You show up to stick the boots in to people already hurting. You're scum.

The problem is clearly elucidated; we failed to successfully avoid Aliir and their intercept defense, and paid the penalty. They cut teams up like hot butter on transition, and so they cut through us.

I don't know how people convinced themselves we'd win this. They finished top of the ladder last year, and we jumped them then; they were never going to turn up tonight as anything less than prepared.
Missed the point pal, our fans just want to see system, effort and hope. Winning or losing is not what we are on about.
CB

It's probably time we see Stocker and Cuningham in the AFL team, Stocker in particular.

We are obviously a middle of the road team, 9th-14th or so, and need to invest games into our players performing at the lower level to ascertain where our list is at.

Concerns also remain re coaching/structures/gameplan.
We have 3 issues at the moment

1. Gameplan
2. Transitioning the footy from D50 to F50
3. F50 entries

Ollie wines is 26 and is just becoming ready to take the captaincy, you don't want to rush this players need to respect captains and age is not just a number.

5 picks probably between 12-18, I would say no. We've had a lot of first-rounders with many not making it. Walsh looks to be a top 5 player in the league, I know Cripps has been spoken about as being one of those players in the past, but over the last 2 years his form has slipped back a bit. Its not really his willingness to compete; it's much more his decision making and lack of composure.

Wines has had a great start to the year, looks like it's all coming together for you guys. 2018 draft was the polish you needed...

There was a 10 minute period in the last quarter where our 'tall' forwards were Kennedy and Williamson. Where were McKay, Casboult or McGovern?

Shits the bed again......

Same players making same mistakes game after game after game

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
Docherty dropping those 2 marks in the backline and kicking into the man on the mark resulting in opposition goals were terrible errors from an experience player. Backline players letting opponents too much latitude and no pressure. Reminded me of the Collingwood game.

We have 3 issues at the moment

1. Gameplan
2. Transitioning the footy from D50 to F50
3. F50 entries

Spot on

Number 2 is our most concerning. If we run and gun we are handballing to players under pressure because we are literally walking into the oppositions zones. We don’t mix it up with a 45 kick to offset some of the preset zones the opposition have in place.

When we do decide to hit up we have wasted a good 15-20 seconds in chipping it around and usually loop a dinky 20 m kick the the middle which gets chopped off and ends up straight back into our defensive 50

Considering the entires they had I think our defence help up ok, which is pretty good considering Doc and Jones were sub par

I thought Plow was okay and Weiters and Saad good

SPS is a real worry. Lazy defensive efforts are costing us big time.......

I’d play him forward or on a wing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can’t see that Crippa is still carrying an injury; you’re blind! He does not want to bend down! He cannot kick the ball with any meaningful force either. His hammys/back are COOKED. He needs to ******* rest.

Untouchable
Walsh is our next captain.

Back